Hmmm.. Do I need this lot?

wafflycat wrote:
> Have just sat & done a spot of p*nct*re repairing following last
> weekend's p*nct*re-fest.
>
> At the same time I've tided up the black hole that is the inner depths
> of my bar bag..
>
> Contents were:-
>
> Shades with interchangeable lenses for differing light conditions (or
> individual shades)
>
> Prescription Specs
>
> 2 x cable locks
>
> 1 x D-lock
>
> Inner tube (or two)
>
> Patches
>
> Tyre irons
>
> Spare dust cap for tube
>
> Cable ties
>
> Small roll insulation tape
>
> Bits of rubber for packing out purposes
>
> Diary
>
> Note pad
>
> Small pr scissors
>
> Bottle opener
>
> Small hairbrush
>
> Insect repellent
>
> Multi-tool
>
> Contact lens case
>
> Contact lens fluid
>
> Deodorant
>
> Lip salve
>
> Antihistamine tablets
>
> Headache tablets
>
> Spare sets of AA & AAA batteries
>
> Compact mirror
>
> Small bottle 4711
>
> Spare red blinkie
>
> Pen
>
> Cheque book
>
> Small purse containing small amount of cash, CTC & club membership cards
>
> Various route maps from recent cycle rides
>
> Small white LED torch
>
> Shoulder strap for bar bag
>
> Rain cover for bar bag
>

> I think I'm starting to develop too much of a 'just-in-case' trait...
>

> Cheers, helen s

Have you read Mrs Armitage on wheels by Quentin Blake? I think you may
have been the inspiration for it! (My kids call me Mrs Armitage for the
same reason!)
Jo

wafflycat wrote:

> Contents were:-
>
> Shades with interchangeable lenses for differing light conditions (or
> individual shades)

<snip

> Rain cover for bar bag

You didn't find any of my missing socks in there by any chance did you?

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Have just sat & done a spot of p*nct*re repairing following last weekend's
> p*nct*re-fest.
>
> At the same time I've tided up the black hole that is the inner depths of
> my bar bag..

Sounds like you are halfway to becoming an Audax UK member you do need to
add some sticky buns though.

wafflycat wrote:

> Have just sat & done a spot of p*nct*re repairing following last weekend's
> p*nct*re-fest.
>
> At the same time I've tided up the black hole that is the inner depths of
> my bar bag..
>
> Contents were:-

<snip long list>

Where's the kitchen sink?

--
Chris

In 1750 Issac Newton became discouraged when he fell up a flight of stairs.

> You didn't find any of my missing socks in there by any chance did you?

No socks but I am wondering to whom the red leather thong belongs to...

Cheers, helen s

wafflycat wrote:
> No socks but I am wondering to whom the red leather thong belongs to...

Ahem!

Erm. What can I say?

Just stick it in the post, will you? I'd been wondering where that got to.

Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> wafflycat wrote:
>> No socks but I am wondering to whom the red leather thong belongs to...

> Ahem!
>
> Erm. What can I say?
>
> Just stick it in the post, will you? I'd been wondering where that got
> to.

Oh dear... well at least it wasn't b*bs.. and yes, I still have the pics ;-)

Cheers, helen s

"Jo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Have you read Mrs Armitage on wheels by Quentin Blake? I think you may
> have been the inspiration for it! (My kids call me Mrs Armitage for the
> same reason!)
> Jo

No, but it seems I shall have to read it :)

Cheers, helen s

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:03:28 +0000 (UTC), "wafflycat"
<w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote:

>Have just sat & done a spot of p*nct*re repairing following last weekend's
>p*nct*re-fest.
>
>At the same time I've tided up the black hole that is the inner depths of my
>bar bag..
>
>Contents were:-
>
>Shades with interchangeable lenses for differing light conditions (or
>individual shades)
>
>Prescription Specs
>
>2 x cable locks
>
>1 x D-lock
>
>Inner tube (or two)
>
>Patches
>
>Tyre irons
>
>Spare dust cap for tube
>
>Cable ties
>
>Small roll insulation tape
>
>Bits of rubber for packing out purposes
>
>Diary
>
>Note pad
>
>Small pr scissors
>
>Bottle opener
>
>Small hairbrush
>
>Insect repellent
>
>Multi-tool
>
>Contact lens case
>
>Contact lens fluid
>
>Deodorant
>
>Lip salve
>
>Antihistamine tablets
>
>Headache tablets
>
>Spare sets of AA & AAA batteries
>
>Compact mirror
>
>Small bottle 4711
>
>Spare red blinkie
>
>Pen
>
>Cheque book
>
>Small purse containing small amount of cash, CTC & club membership cards
>
>Various route maps from recent cycle rides
>
>Small white LED torch
>
>Shoulder strap for bar bag
>
>Rain cover for bar bag
>

>I think I'm starting to develop too much of a 'just-in-case' trait...

My barbag list is longer than yours...

Rubber solution
Chalk
Sandpaper
Patches x 3
Crayon
2 pairs of cycle gloves
Empty packed lunch box
10 x Mayor's charity ride sponsor forms
Mobile phone
Mobile phone case
£5 note
Camera
Camera case
Spare camera battery
8 x parental consent forms for journalist photographs
2 x small dry leaves!
8 x bike lock keys + key ring
Bungee
Small blue comb
4 x first class stamps
Fixing band for Topeak Redlight
1st aid kit bag
Survival bag
Adhesive tape 1.25m
8 x assorted plasters
6 Large plasters (10 x 6cm)
2 large plasters with a bit or two missing
2 x compressive bandages
Dressing pad
Scissors
Asthma pump
4 x disposable gloves
7 x germoline antiseptic wipes
Instruction booklet
Table of contents
5 x tyre levers
150mm adjustable spanner
Dumbell spanner
8 piece allen key set
2 x flat end screw drivers
Phillips type screwdriver
8, 9, 10mm Y spanner
11, 13, 14mm Y spanner
2 x Topeak Redlights (with fixing bands)
Football valve needle

wafflycat wrote:

> "Jo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> Have you read Mrs Armitage on wheels by Quentin Blake? I think you may
>> have been the inspiration for it! (My kids call me Mrs Armitage for
>> the same reason!)
>> Jo

> No, but it seems I shall have to read it :)
>
> Cheers, helen s

Yes, definitely! It's very funny (in a childish way). You should have
been reading it to Nathan somewhere around 15 years ago.
Jo

This is embarrassing! :) ......

BUM BAG (for all rides):
Mobile phone
Keys - door, bike locks, Tranz X
Wallet (inc ID, paper, Tyre Boot, coins)
Puncture kit
Topeak Toolbar with 4 & 5mm hex, 2 flat sd, phillips sd
5 & 6mm long hex bits in holder
8/10mm Everest spanner
2, 2.5, 3mm Allen keys in holder
Pencil
Vaseline & small rags
Germaline bites & stings spray
Spokey Pro
Compass (mini)
Chapstick
Plasters
Antiseptic & cleansing wipes
Asprin (to give to anyone suffering a heart attack)
Presta-to-Schrader adapter
Glueless patches & sandpaper - backup
Derailleur limit screw (long), nut & washer
Insulating tape on a peg
String
HPX pump spare parts
Cable tie - reuseable
Vinyl gloves
Hankechief

CARRIER BAG (for both bikes, swapped between saddlebag and panniers):
Cable lock
ID
Bog paper
Antiseptic wipes
Elastic bands
Powerlink
Chain tool
Scissors (mini, from SwissCard)
Polythene sheeting
Puncture kit - backup
Cable ties
Fiberax spoke kit
Spoke nipples - 12, 14, 16mm
Rim tape - short piece

ROAD BIKE SADDLEBAG (for road bike only):
Mini pump & CO2 inflator (when not using HPX)
Inner tube - ultralight
4 & 5mm Allen keys
Cleat covers

COURIER BAG (short trips only):
Puncture kit
Inner tube

PANNIER POCKETS (for tourer only):
Antiseptic wipes
Inner tube - main
Tyre levers
Vinyl gloves
Cable ties
String
Tranz X key - backup
3, 5, 6mm Allen keys
8mm allen key adapter
10mm spanner - lightweight backup
Gear cable (thin light one)
6mm bolt (alloy), nut & washers
Valve core
Brake pad cartridge
Rag
Inner tube - ultralight narrow backup
Luggage strap - medium duty
Bungie - light duty

~PB

Pete Biggs wrote:

>This is embarrassing! :)

Too right it is!

I usually carry my stuff in my pockets.

All rides

Wallet - ID credit card and a little cash.
Keys - maximum of four at any one time; house, car, bike lock,
parents' or brothers' houses

Longer rides

Spare tube and puncture kit - solution, sandpaper, patches, one or two
levers - currently I am using a teaspoon as I have mislaid my designed
for purpose levers. Mini pump if I'm on the folder, the road bike has
a frame fit pump. A couple of Tunnock's caramel bars.

During winter

Chapstick.

And that's about it.