Hmmm, more snow!

Terry

Guest
Right that's it, I'm off to buy a winter bike tomorrow, not messing the good one up anymore!

"Terry" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Right that's it, I'm off to buy a winter bike tomorrow, not messing the
good
> one up anymore!

Oi! Where's my snow? I luuuurv snow and the entire country seems to be thigh-deep in the stuff
except for here. Just aint fair! In fact, I'm so miffed I think I'll shout at somebody for cycling
with a flashing rear LED light rather then having it on steady mode.

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:16:08 +0000 (UTC), "Terry" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Right that's it, I'm off to buy a winter bike tomorrow, not messing the good one up anymore!

That could only be http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:34:09 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:16:08 +0000 (UTC), "Terry" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Right that's it, I'm off to buy a winter bike tomorrow, not messing the good one up anymore!
>
>That could only be http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/

Couple of things just come to mind <as if they're going to be orginal...could google, but can't be
bothered right now!>. What about cornering on a trike, especially at speed, bit dodgy, with not
being able to 'lean intonthe corner'? And also, the extra width with the double wheel set-up,
isn't this problematic with holding up traffic? (And don't say, 'I have no problem holding up
traffic?' :)

bob

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:41:14 +0000, Bob Flemming <[email protected]> wrote:

>Couple of things just come to mind <as if they're going to be orginal...could google, but can't be
>bothered right now!>. What about cornering on a trike, especially at speed, bit dodgy, with not
>being able to 'lean intonthe corner'? And also, the extra width with the double wheel set-up,
>isn't this problematic with holding up traffic? (And don't say, 'I have no problem holding up
>traffic?' :)

I don't know, of course as I have the two-wheeled variety, but I have it on good authority that
cornering is a non-issue (except you can go even faster) and a trike ain't much wider than the
shoulders of the rider, and who's going to overtake that close?

Anyway, the "traffic" was holding /me/ up this morning.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

I don't have a problem with holding up the traffic.

I AM THE TRAFFIC.

--
The Last Resort... ......the bottom of the barrel

In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of "PDannyD"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Oi! Where's my snow?

You here in the warm[1], sunny southwest, too?

[1] during daylight today; bit cooler now.

--
Wear your paunch with pride!

Bob Flemming <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:34:09 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:16:08 +0000 (UTC), "Terry" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Right that's it, I'm off to buy a winter bike tomorrow, not messing the
good
> >>one up anymore!
> >
> >That could only be http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/
> >

> Couple of things just come to mind <as if they're going to be orginal...could google, but can't be
> bothered right now!>. What about cornering on a trike, especially at speed, bit dodgy, with not
> being able to 'lean intonthe corner'? And also, the extra width with the double wheel set-up,
> isn't this problematic with holding up traffic? (And don't say, 'I have no problem holding up
> traffic?' :)

There's some pics in C+ this month showing tandem trikes racing. They use a similar method to side
car racers.

Just meeeeeee. wrote:
> I don't have a problem with holding up the traffic. I AM THE TRAFFIC.

Which is why I put "traffic" in quotes :)

--
Guy
===

Bob Flemming <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Couple of things just come to mind <as if they're going to be orginal...could google, but can't be
> bothered right now!>. What about cornering on a trike, especially at speed, bit dodgy, with not
> being able to 'lean intonthe corner'?

Cornering on a trike (at least the recumbent variety) is one of the great pleasures of the things.
You still lean into the corner but it's you that leans while the trike keeps three wheels on the
ground (think old fashioned racing cars with the drivers haning out on the bends).

> And also, the extra width with the double wheel set-up, isn't this problematic with holding up
> traffic? (And don't say, 'I have no problem holding up traffic?' :)

My Windcheetah has a total width of 71cm. There are plenty of MTBs with handlebars close to 60cm and
if you put a couple of panniers on a tourer you'll most likely be in the 70cm range. Add to this the
fact that you don't wobble on a trike [1] and the space that you need on the road is no moe than
anybody else. I certainly don't get any more grief on the roads on the trike than I do on the
upright. Less in fact because most drivers are just curous to find out what you are. It's also a lot
les worrying when you do get the idiots who pass too close, since you feel totally stable.

Cheers,

Andy

[1] Look at your front tyre track and you will see that your front end is weaving from side to side
as you ride (that's how you balance) so the evelope that you sit is is wider than your bike.

You could get a leaning trike: http://www.tripendo.com/EDEFAULT.htm
http://www.maxmatic.com/ttw_hpv.htm