Hmph!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Kate Dicey, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of TOTM...

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

    Tags:

  2. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Hang in there Kate. It'll go away as you stay your course.

    Julie

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of TOTM...
    >
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-
    > online.co.uk Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  3. The only thing worse than TOM is NO TOM, Lee
    Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of TOTM...
    >
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-
    > online.co.uk Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  4. Marc Heimann

    Marc Heimann Guest

    Kate Dicey wrote:

    > Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of TOTM...

    Please help a clueless male here.

    TOTM = Time Of The Month?

    If so, no worry, that is increased water retention, you stupid bodys response to
    the pending fluid loss.

    My wife gains up to 4 lbs at that time.

    Cheers Marc

  5. T. Lists

    T. Lists Guest

    Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence
    > of TOTM...

    It doesn't seem fair, does it? 25% of my weigh-in's are fat,
    period ones, because for some reason I always seem to start
    on Friday - which happens to be my regular weigh-in day.

    (Grrrr ... I'm cramping today too .... I feel your
    pain) Tracy

  6. G. W. Clay

    G. W. Clay Guest

    [email protected] (T. Lists) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    >> Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of
    >> TOTM...
    >
    > It doesn't seem fair, does it? 25% of my weigh-in's
    > are fat, period ones, because for some reason I always
    > seem to start on Friday - which happens to be my
    > regular weigh-in day.
    >
    > (Grrrr ... I'm cramping today too .... I feel your pain)

    Is that all you women can talk about? If you were in a room
    with mixed company would you talk about TOM. Why not put TOM
    in the subject so the guys can filter those messages out.

    -=GWC=-

  7. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    it can also be shortened with TOM.

    "Marc Heimann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Kate Dicey wrote:
    >
    > > Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of
    > > TOTM...
    >
    > Please help a clueless male here.
    >
    > TOTM = Time Of The Month?
    >
    > If so, no worry, that is increased water retention, you
    > stupid bodys response to the pending fluid loss.
    >
    > My wife gains up to 4 lbs at that time.
    >
    > Cheers Marc

  8. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

  9. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

  10. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:49:29 -0600, "G. W. Clay" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] (T. Lists) wrote in
    >news:[email protected]:
    >
    >>> Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of
    >>> TOTM...
    >>
    >> It doesn't seem fair, does it? 25% of my weigh-in's are
    >> fat, period ones, because for some reason I always seem
    >> to start on Friday - which happens to be my regular weigh-
    >> in day.
    >>
    >> (Grrrr ... I'm cramping today too .... I feel your pain)
    >>

    >Is that all you women can talk about? If you were in a
    >room with mixed company would you talk about TOM. Why not
    >put TOM in the subject so the guys can filter those
    >messages out.

    Nah, we can talk about a lot more ... but choose not to,
    keeps things interesting. And if talking weightloss
    problems, in a room with mixed company, probably still
    would talk about TOM. But I'm evil, pure evil. <G> 3 gals
    in my house, the boys are used to it ... heck, even they
    talk about it at times ... it's just a natural part of
    life. TOM can and does play havoc with weightloss, plain
    and simple. It's an explanation of a temporary gain, of a
    fantastic whoosh, mad munchies, wierd cravings, whatever -
    all weight issues, all on topic on this board. It will keep
    popping into discussions within this group and these
    contexts. And heck, I can't hardly remember to get to the
    potty until it's an emergency, so how can anyone expect
    that would I remember to put TOM into a subject line. For
    that excuse, I use age. <g>

    Smile GW, there's a whole lot worse we could talk about.
    <evil grin>

    Joyce

    >-=GWC=-

  11. Well at least you know how to account for the slight
    increase. You'll be happy dancing after next week's WI!

    Linda P On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 00:47:58 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]
    online.co.uk> wrote:

    >Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence
    >of TOTM...

  12. Hi, Kate, Next week will be better!

    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/133.6/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence
    > of TOTM...
    >
    > --

    > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
    > http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk Click on Kate's
    > Pages and explore!

  13. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Marc Heimann wrote:

    > Kate Dicey wrote:
    >
    > > Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of
    > > TOTM...
    >
    > Please help a clueless male here.
    >
    > TOTM = Time Of The Month?
    >
    > If so, no worry, that is increased water retention, you
    > stupid bodys response to the pending fluid loss.
    >
    > My wife gains up to 4 lbs at that time.
    >
    > Cheers Marc

    Yes, that's it! Your wife is lucky - in the days before my
    little plastic insert, I put on 5 whole inches round the
    middle and 3 bra sizes every time, and then suffered floods
    like nothing ya don' wanna know! YEKK!

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  14. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Miss Violette wrote:

    > The only thing worse than TOM is NO TOM, Lee

    That's one aspect I will never miss! :) My little plastic
    doodad has improved life like you'd never believe, and I
    quite often miss a month! I save masses of money this way...

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  15. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    "T. Lists" wrote:

    > Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:<[email protected]
    > online.co.uk>...
    > > Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of
    > > TOTM...
    >
    > It doesn't seem fair, does it? 25% of my weigh-in's
    > are fat, period ones, because for some reason I always
    > seem to start on Friday - which happens to be my
    > regular weigh-in day.
    >
    > (Grrrr ... I'm cramping today too .... I feel your
    > pain) Tracy

    No pain these day - just a little weight gain and a general
    feeling of grumpiness, rather than increasing 3 clothes
    sizes, a week of agony and throwing up, floods like Niagra,
    and a system that never learned to work on a regular monthly
    cycle! I love Minerva!

    (((HUGS))) for the cramps - BTDT and it really was worse
    than childbirth!

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  16. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Lesanne wrote:

    > well you know That will be gone next week :)
    >
    > "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]
    > online.co.uk...
    > > Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of
    > > TOTM...
    > >
    > > --

    > > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate
    > > Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk Click on
    > > Kate's Pages and explore!

    Yes, if I'm good and control the munchies! Danger time for
    chocolate!

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  17. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Joyce wrote:

    > Nah, we can talk about a lot more ... but choose not to,
    > keeps things interesting. And if talking weightloss
    > problems, in a room with mixed company, probably still
    > would talk about TOM. But I'm evil, pure evil. <G> 3 gals
    > in my house, the boys are used to it ... heck, even they
    > talk about it at times ... it's just a natural part of
    > life. TOM can and does play havoc with weightloss, plain
    > and simple. It's an explanation of a temporary gain, of a
    > fantastic whoosh, mad munchies, wierd cravings, whatever -
    > all weight issues, all on topic on this board. It will
    > keep popping into discussions within this group and these
    > contexts. And heck, I can't hardly remember to get to the
    > potty until it's an emergency, so how can anyone expect
    > that would I remember to put TOM into a subject line. For
    > that excuse, I use age. <g>
    >
    > Smile GW, there's a whole lot worse we could talk about.
    > <evil grin>

    Like an ex-boss of mine's lecture on male personal hygene...
    Had the lads going green she did! ;)

    http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  18. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 22:29:19 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Joyce wrote:
    >

    >> Nah, we can talk about a lot more ... but choose not to,
    >> keeps things interesting. And if talking weightloss
    >> problems, in a room with mixed company, probably still
    >> would talk about TOM. But I'm evil, pure evil. <G> 3 gals
    >> in my house, the boys are used to it ... heck, even they
    >> talk about it at times ... it's just a natural part of
    >> life. TOM can and does play havoc with weightloss, plain
    >> and simple. It's an explanation of a temporary gain, of a
    >> fantastic whoosh, mad munchies, wierd cravings, whatever
    >> - all weight issues, all on topic on this board. It will
    >> keep popping into discussions within this group and these
    >> contexts. And heck, I can't hardly remember to get to the
    >> potty until it's an emergency, so how can anyone expect
    >> that would I remember to put TOM into a subject line. For
    >> that excuse, I use age. <g>
    >>
    >> Smile GW, there's a whole lot worse we could talk about.
    >> <evil grin>
    >>

    >Like an ex-boss of mine's lecture on male personal
    >hygene... Had the lads going green she did! ;)

    LOL! And my hub loves to talk about what he goes through
    twice a year - the testing involved for bladder cancer ...
    always makes the men cringe.

    Joyce

  19. Angie

    Angie Guest

    what plastic insert are we talking about ?