Hmph!

Kate Dicey wrote:

> Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of TOTM...

Please help a clueless male here.

TOTM = Time Of The Month?

If so, no worry, that is increased water retention, you stupid bodys response to
the pending fluid loss.

My wife gains up to 4 lbs at that time.

Cheers Marc

Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence
> of TOTM...

It doesn't seem fair, does it? 25% of my weigh-in's are fat,
period ones, because for some reason I always seem to start
on Friday - which happens to be my regular weigh-in day.

(Grrrr ... I'm cramping today too .... I feel your
pain) Tracy

[email protected] (T. Lists) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>> Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of
>> TOTM...
>
> It doesn't seem fair, does it? 25% of my weigh-in's
> are fat, period ones, because for some reason I always
> seem to start on Friday - which happens to be my
> regular weigh-in day.
>
> (Grrrr ... I'm cramping today too .... I feel your pain)

Is that all you women can talk about? If you were in a room
with mixed company would you talk about TOM. Why not put TOM
in the subject so the guys can filter those messages out.

-=GWC=-

it can also be shortened with TOM.

news:[email protected]...

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:49:29 -0600, "G. W. Clay" <[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] (T. Lists) wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>>> Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of
>>> TOTM...
>>
>> It doesn't seem fair, does it? 25% of my weigh-in's are
>> fat, period ones, because for some reason I always seem
>> to start on Friday - which happens to be my regular weigh-
>> in day.
>>
>> (Grrrr ... I'm cramping today too .... I feel your pain)
>>

>Is that all you women can talk about? If you were in a
>room with mixed company would you talk about TOM. Why not
>put TOM in the subject so the guys can filter those
>messages out.

Nah, we can talk about a lot more ... but choose not to,
keeps things interesting. And if talking weightloss
problems, in a room with mixed company, probably still
would talk about TOM. But I'm evil, pure evil. <G> 3 gals
in my house, the boys are used to it ... heck, even they
talk about it at times ... it's just a natural part of
life. TOM can and does play havoc with weightloss, plain
and simple. It's an explanation of a temporary gain, of a
fantastic whoosh, mad munchies, wierd cravings, whatever -
all weight issues, all on topic on this board. It will keep
popping into discussions within this group and these
contexts. And heck, I can't hardly remember to get to the
potty until it's an emergency, so how can anyone expect
that would I remember to put TOM into a subject line. For
that excuse, I use age. <g>

Smile GW, there's a whole lot worse we could talk about.
<evil grin>

Joyce

>-=GWC=-

Well at least you know how to account for the slight
increase. You'll be happy dancing after next week's WI!

Linda P On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 00:47:58 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]

Marc Heimann wrote:

> Kate Dicey wrote:
>
> > Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of
> > TOTM...
>
> Please help a clueless male here.
>
> TOTM = Time Of The Month?
>
> If so, no worry, that is increased water retention, you
> stupid bodys response to the pending fluid loss.
>
> My wife gains up to 4 lbs at that time.
>
> Cheers Marc

Yes, that's it! Your wife is lucky - in the days before my
little plastic insert, I put on 5 whole inches round the
middle and 3 bra sizes every time, and then suffered floods
like nothing ya don' wanna know! YEKK!

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Miss Violette wrote:

> The only thing worse than TOM is NO TOM, Lee

That's one aspect I will never miss! :) My little plastic
doodad has improved life like you'd never believe, and I
quite often miss a month! I save masses of money this way...

"T. Lists" wrote:

> Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:<[email protected]
> online.co.uk>...
> > Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of
> > TOTM...
>
> It doesn't seem fair, does it? 25% of my weigh-in's
> are fat, period ones, because for some reason I always
> seem to start on Friday - which happens to be my
> regular weigh-in day.
>
> (Grrrr ... I'm cramping today too .... I feel your
> pain) Tracy

No pain these day - just a little weight gain and a general
feeling of grumpiness, rather than increasing 3 clothes
sizes, a week of agony and throwing up, floods like Niagra,
and a system that never learned to work on a regular monthly
cycle! I love Minerva!

(((HUGS))) for the cramps - BTDT and it really was worse
than childbirth!

Lesanne wrote:

> well you know That will be gone next week :)
>
> "Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]
> online.co.uk...
> > Up half a pound! GRR! Probably due to the iminnence of
> > TOTM...
> >
> > --

> > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate
> > Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk Click on
> > Kate's Pages and explore!

Yes, if I'm good and control the munchies! Danger time for
chocolate!

Joyce wrote:

> Nah, we can talk about a lot more ... but choose not to,
> keeps things interesting. And if talking weightloss
> problems, in a room with mixed company, probably still
> would talk about TOM. But I'm evil, pure evil. <G> 3 gals
> in my house, the boys are used to it ... heck, even they
> talk about it at times ... it's just a natural part of
> life. TOM can and does play havoc with weightloss, plain
> and simple. It's an explanation of a temporary gain, of a
> fantastic whoosh, mad munchies, wierd cravings, whatever -
> all weight issues, all on topic on this board. It will
> keep popping into discussions within this group and these
> contexts. And heck, I can't hardly remember to get to the
> potty until it's an emergency, so how can anyone expect
> that would I remember to put TOM into a subject line. For
> that excuse, I use age. <g>
>
> Smile GW, there's a whole lot worse we could talk about.
> <evil grin>

Like an ex-boss of mine's lecture on male personal hygene...
Had the lads going green she did! ;)

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 22:29:19 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Joyce wrote:
>

>> Nah, we can talk about a lot more ... but choose not to,
>> keeps things interesting. And if talking weightloss
>> problems, in a room with mixed company, probably still
>> would talk about TOM. But I'm evil, pure evil. <G> 3 gals
>> in my house, the boys are used to it ... heck, even they
>> talk about it at times ... it's just a natural part of
>> life. TOM can and does play havoc with weightloss, plain
>> and simple. It's an explanation of a temporary gain, of a
>> fantastic whoosh, mad munchies, wierd cravings, whatever
>> - all weight issues, all on topic on this board. It will
>> keep popping into discussions within this group and these
>> contexts. And heck, I can't hardly remember to get to the
>> potty until it's an emergency, so how can anyone expect
>> that would I remember to put TOM into a subject line. For
>> that excuse, I use age. <g>
>>
>> Smile GW, there's a whole lot worse we could talk about.
>> <evil grin>
>>

>Like an ex-boss of mine's lecture on male personal
>hygene... Had the lads going green she did! ;)

LOL! And my hub loves to talk about what he goes through
twice a year - the testing involved for bladder cancer ...
always makes the men cringe.

Joyce

what plastic insert are we talking about ?