Hobbies Besides To Cycling?

Lizel

Feb 17, 2015
Have you got any other hobbies/passions apart from cycling?
Personally I really love writing in my spare time. :D I really like writing down all of my reflections on life and essays.
Other than that I also really like shopping and listening to music (right now it's dubstep)

Hobbies... I have alot! :D

Except video games and computers ofcourse, :p I also like:
Cooking, photography, brewing beer, DIY and some other things.

Btw I would really like to read something you wrote! :) You got anything posted online? :)

Volnix, every one of those things sounds delightful. I haven't brewed my own beer for years now. I used to use shaved cinnamon in my stout. Just didn't have the time to do it anymore. :(

Volnix said:
Except video games and computers ofcourse, :p I also like:
Cooking, photography, brewing beer, DIY and some other things.

Btw I would really like to read something you wrote! :) You got anything posted online? :)
That's some interesting hobbies you've got, especially photography. I was once fascinated with that, but all of my photo sucked and I never managed to make them look "professional" even though I used a good camera. Haha :D

No not online, I usually write on paper. I think that it's more handy, although I'm glad that somebody is interested in my writings. :)

JoanMcWench said:
Volnix, every one of those things sounds delightful. I haven't brewed my own beer for years now. I used to use shaved cinnamon in my stout. Just didn't have the time to do it anymore. :(

Yeah, it's kinda time consuming... Especially if you use grains and not the extract stuff. But for small batches is not too bad. I only use a big pot too cook the wort and then a 15L glass demijohn for the initial brewing. Then after filling the bottles I add a secondary fermentation sugar and let them to ferment a bit more in the bottles. Total time of work is not that much and each fermentation cycle is about a week. So maybe you could just cook a wort and fill some bottles every weekend and start staking them up. :D

What I wanted to do next is try to brew some Mead from honey... Apparently you can also use plain bread yeast for that. Some fruit and spices will probably be nice too. :)

Lizel said:
That's some interesting hobbies you've got, especially photography. I was once fascinated with that, but all of my photo sucked and I never managed to make them look "professional" even though I used a good camera. Haha :D

No not online, I usually write on paper. I think that it's more handy, although I'm glad that somebody is interested in my writings. :)

Hmmm, it helps alot if you know what you are after and manually adjust the camera settings. It's not only about on the subject.
My photography teacher said something once, that what's difficult in photography is to make something not too pretty look prettier - interesting. :)
What kind of camera did you use? If you say a good camera you probably mean an SLR one? What kind of lens? What kind of conditions?
And most important: What was the subject? :p

Joke:
You took a photo and it sucks? Use a "Sepia" or "B&W" filter! Eeeeeeeeeverything looks artistic in "Sepia" or "B&W"... :D

ProTip: Leather Jackets and Black and White Photography: A Winning Combination!!! :D

black,,,white,girl,model,smoking,girl,beauty,black,white-6817ed277c3335c4f8a87164a0777e70_h.jpg

Reactions: Gelsemium
I have a few hobbies and it basically depends on what I'm in the mood for. Some of my hobbies are on a schedule such a weight lifting while the rest are optional.

Volnix said:
Hmmm, it helps alot if you know what you are after and manually adjust the camera settings. It's not only about on the subject.
My photography teacher said something once, that what's difficult in photography is to make something not too pretty look prettier - interesting. :)
What kind of camera did you use? If you say a good camera you probably mean an SLR one? What kind of lens? What kind of conditions?
And most important: What was the subject? :p

Joke:
You took a photo and it sucks? Use a "Sepia" or "B&W" filter! Eeeeeeeeeverything looks artistic in "Sepia" or "B&W"... :D

ProTip: Leather Jackets and Black and White Photography: A Winning Combination!!! :D

black,,,white,girl,model,smoking,girl,beauty,black,white-6817ed277c3335c4f8a87164a0777e70_h.jpg
That's something interesting she said. :D I used a crappy camera I got for Christmas not an SLR.
http://egypt.souq.com/eg-en/canon-powershot-a810-16-megapixel-point-shoot-camera-red-4716406/i/<----Here it is
Haha I really like that photo you uploaded, I have a lot of black and white photos at my house.
As for Sepia and B&W filter I've used them several times not my fav filters, hahaha. :D

mikka254 said:
I have a few hobbies and it basically depends on what I'm in the mood for. Some of my hobbies are on a schedule such a weight lifting while the rest are optional.
Oh well it's also good to do something you're in the mood for. :D

Lizel said:
That's something interesting she said. :D I used a crappy camera I got for Christmas not an SLR.
http://egypt.souq.com/eg-en/canon-powershot-a810-16-megapixel-point-shoot-camera-red-4716406/i/<----Here it is
Haha I really like that photo you uploaded, I have a lot of black and white photos at my house.
As for Sepia and B&W filter I've used them several times not my fav filters, hahaha. :D

Point and shoot cameras are not that bad... The only problem is that they tempt you to use the zoom function alot. Which essentially just makes the lens darker and you need to have a lower speed on the shutter.

Personally I dont think that anything above 50mm is useful. You can always just crop the piece you want from the photo and it would be just like using a zoom but with better results.

There are some really good point and shoot cameras these days. A water-shock-proof one is nice to have. :) They are inexpensive and you can make some really nice underwater photos or photos in bad conditions without worrying too much for the camera. If there is enough light the photo is gonna come out good anyway.

Taken with a point and shoot waterproof Pentax one: :D

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:293132]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:293134]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Aside from cycling, I am also into other activities like sports, reading books, watching TV series, and playing video games. I play basketball, lawn tennis and swimming for sports and I include cycling with them as my cross training and exercise. I love books, especially the classic ones and bestsellers. For TV series I watch comedy and award-winning American TV shows. I also play video games with genres of fighting games, role-playing games, real time strategy games, and first person shooting ones. There are lots of things to do with so little time, so I make the most out of everything. [/SIZE]

I like to engage in other forms of exercise such as jogging and weight lifting. Other than that I thoroughly enjoy learning. I research subjects of my interest or try to expand my knowledge in other subjects as well. I write and read too which naturally relates to what I research most of the time along with personal experience.

cycling is actually less of a hobby and more of a normal transportation mean for me nowadays, but currently I do painting and go to art exhibitions with my girlfriend, aside from that my university is pretty heavy in terms of workload, so I almost always have something to do

Lots of typical things and now getting into motorcycles, not a huge surprise since they got their start from a guy shoving an engine on a bicycle haha.

Any sport that involves a ball, I can get behind of. In my free time, I play for a local soccer club, which is probably one of the reasons I cycle. Fitness is important to me, so I also have a membership at a gym. Soccer is extremely fun because of the changes in pace, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to try sports for the first time.

OGRICHBOI said:
Soccer is extremely fun because of the changes in pace, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to try sports for the first time.

Wtf is soccer? :D

We are the Geordies,
The Geordie Boot Boys,
And we are mental,
And we are mad,
And we are the loyalist football supporters,
The World has ever had.

:D

Haha, US people use the word soccer and yeah, it's a cultural twist, in every other part of the world is football. :)

I play tennis apart from cycling, I love it!

I play a lot of computer games. When I'm not cycling, you can find me on my PC. One of the games I play a lot is DotA 2. I have played countless hours and will do so, the game's literally amazing. Some other hobbies include watching movies,socializing etc.

Actually computer games don't interest me that much and since I have kids I really don't have any time left for games, unless it's Monopoly or something with them. :)

I'm a tinkerer, an aquarist trying to get back into fish keeping, and a little bit of a pyrohead. Aside from some minor builds, I'm working on a motor oil lamp at the moment, but may go back to that Argand lamp project before long.

I have just a few pursuits and it sincerely will depend on what i'm in the temper for. Some of my activities are on a time table the sort of weight lifting whilst the relaxation are non-compulsory.