Hobbies Besides To Cycling?

I am now taking tennis more seriously, trying to learn it for real and it's way more hard than I imagined. My advice for everyone, if you are starting take lessons, nothing like learning the technique first.

I love all kinds of sports. Cycling is probably my favorite, but I also enjoy playing basketball, voleyball and doing parkour/free running. I also workout everyday, but instead of running cardio I choose cycling, because it's more fun, you see more and can get quite a bit of speed.

That's a good thing that we love a lot of sports and in fact that's what keep us healthy. Unless we are doing competition there's no reason why we can't love a lot of sports, we aren't after results, just to enjoy ourselves.

My main one is....surprise, surprise, Ballet! I take 4 classes per week currently and just started pointe about a month ago. I do have several other hobbies as well, as time allows. I enjoy reading fiction, knitting, crochet, sewing, quilting, embroidery and bead work. I kind of rotate through those hobbies as my interests lead me. Sticking to just one craft for too long sometimes gets boring.

Wow, that is more than a hobby DancingLady, 4 classes per week is almost at pro level. Do you make ballet competition or is that a concept that doesn't exist?

DancingLady said:
... I enjoy reading fiction, knitting, crochet, sewing, quilting, embroidery and bead work. ...
I've always wanted to get into knitting. I sew but I call it emergency sewing. It's not really a creation effort. I've considered taking knitting classes but I'm terrified it'll be this one young girl sitting with a bunch of surly older women judging my stitches.

I've got plenty of hobbies apart from cycling. Well, actually I don't regard riding my bike as a hobby but more of a daily necessity. I need it to go to work, around town and even out of town. :) So, when I am not on my bike, I like to paint, work with metal and glass, take photos, write, cook and garden. There is so much to do every day, that often I wonder if I will ever be able to accomplish everything that I need to do in one life time...

Aside from running and weightlifting, I don't know if you can consider it a hobby but I'm trying to learn a new language. I use the pimsleur tapes and duolingo app. It makes it fun and easy because it is just like playing a game and I integrate it as part of my morning ritual so now, it's more of a habit that I practice for a few minutes everyday.

Tapes and apps are a great way to learn languages Vick, but from a certain point on you'll need to talk to someone. Out of curiosity, what language are you learning?

So true! I was able to finish the Spanish course in Duolingo and Pimsleur but I'm sure if another person traveled in Spain and force himself to speak and learn the language without using English as much as he possibly can, even for a short period of time, he would be able to learn and speak Espanol 10x better than I do.

Parkour is seriously hardcore. I'm in awe of anyone who can do that - I know I would break my neck if I tried even simple moves.

Yesterday I went to the Lisbon's half marathon. Well, actually I just ran part of the mini marathon (7 kilometers), so that was something entertaining, I have sore legs in different places today.

Cycling is more a way of life for me. I'm one of many who use it for transport as well as recreation, but most of my miles are transportation. Alongside that cames maintenance. That is also a necessity.

My actual hobbies were photography, gardening, cooking and learning Spanish. Note the past tense.

I'm currently looking for a new hobby to do from my bed, literally. I can't sit any more after a disc rupture and left me partially paralysed (I now ride a recumbent trike) and am on the hunt for a new hobby. Currently I am considering taking up knitting but it isn't really me and what I want to knit is not cheap either. Sewing, embroidery, water colour painting, sketching have also all be ruled out. Gardening is also out on the bad back grounds, can't stand either.... so if anyone has any ideas other than computer games or watching movies all day (after 5 months I am running out of enthusiasm for movies) please let me know.

I have taken up learning to walk again as a new hobby, but it only takes up about an hour a day...
My Spanish is improving but there is only so much Spanish I can do in one day.

Connie858 said:
... so if anyone has any ideas other than computer games or watching movies all day (after 5 months I am running out of enthusiasm for movies) please let me know.

This: And weed. :D Lots of weed. :D

http://www.easyfractalgenerator.com/mandelbrot-Set-Generator.aspx

8589130410725-fractal-generator-wallpaper-hd.jpg

Chess.
I used to play Chess when I was a school kid and it is a pastime that I have come back to in recent years.

1972 Fischer Spassky match got me interested in the sport and I asked my father to teach me the rules of the game, and I actually improved a good bit to the extent that I played in regional schools championship in my early teens.

I stopped playing soon after but I got a present recently of the documentary "Bobby Fischer against the world" and that reignited my interest in playing chess again. Unfortunately time has taken it's toll and my standard of play isn't great but I enjoy trying to play.
Playing has helped improve my concentration.

I enjoy activities that help me find inner peace. A long distance bike ride helps me find my center, but so does a ride on my horse. In addition to my cycling I am a competitive equestrian and have been riding since I was six years old. I really enjoy the peace and quiet of working toward a training goal with my horse, and I also find great pleasure in teaching young horses new tricks. In my spare time at home I enjoy knitting and sewing. I am currently struggling to knit my first sweater and my be working on that project for the next several years as I have already taken it apart three times!

RC Airplanes & Skiing

Imagine that - 3 "hobbies" that suck the living cash right out of your wallet. I need to find cheaper things to do.

Fap

Fap

Fap

Fap

Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap Fap