Hold your breath, count to ten, one, two, three, four, five, six

OTNBC

Don't get me started on cars ;-) There is some interesting stuff here and coming in terms of
companies doing expensive small cars. In N Am (certainly in Canada) the Mini is quite pricey for
what is basically a small hatchback. Also from BMW, the Series 1 will be small and pricey. We may
see the Mercedes A Class. Lots of luxury brand people don't think it is a good idea for them to get
into smaller cars. Meanwhile VW is trying to enter the luxury market with a big sedan and SUV.

You may be right about the bikes.

"Jude T. McGloin" wrote:

> In 1981or so GM made a Pontiac T-1000. It was an upscaled Chevette. The quality was
> improved, it was heavier, better insulated, better interior, better suspension, better
> engine etc. and of course a higher price tag. However, it still looked like a Chevette. They
> also took other models and tried to make them into Caddys. Cimmeron? It was also doomed to
> failure. Its a matter of perception. I just don't believe that the CLWB 16" format is that
> upscaleable.
>
> Jude....///Bacchetta AERO///bikeE AT St. Michaels and Tilghman Island.. Maryland Wheel Doctor
> Cycle and Sports, Inc 1-800-586-6645

"Jude T. McGloin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...> Wonder if that's why some people do not
> post about their 'slow' bikes
> > or 'semi-recumbents"?
>
> Ah, but they do and quite often. Actually this NG has speedsters, wanna be speedsters,
> hardy tourers, rercreational riders, daily commuters, sometime commuters, carfree folks,
> homebuilders and combinations of many of the above.

'Slow' bikes as in 'hey all, my bike is the slowest bent around'. 'We' post of amazing speeds and
hill climbing ability. I wasn't implying that this group is full of elitist pricks. Sorry if it came
off that way.

>What of it?

See above.

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:34:50 -0000, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I was in my LBS - a Cannondale dealer - yesterday. There were a pair of Cannondale recumbents, on
>sale at 200 GBP off list price. I asked The Man how many he had sold.

It's almost as if they had set out to prove that bents don't sell in mainstream bike shops, but I
guess one should never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.