Holden High Country Challenge

redbacks

Dec 3, 2006
g'day everyone,
is anyone thinking about doing the holden high country cycling challenge (HHCCC) next year? I've already entered and was wondering what someones thoughts on it were. Just to let you know that the event is, it's a recreational road ride through the mountains surrounding mount buller, starting from mansfield. it's a two day event with 3 stages. stage 1 is a 51km ride from mansfield to mount buller, then 2hrs after that stage 2 is opened up with a 60km circuit ride finishing up with a 15km climb up mount buller (about 1800m above sea level) then very next morning the last stage is a 121km ride descending mount buller finishing up in mansfield. this is not a race, so heaps of people can enter it.

any info wanted go to [size=-1]www.highcountrycyclechallenge.com.au[/size]

thanks for that mate, iv seen a few flyers a bout and might enter, i just got back from the great vic yesterday, and that was awsome, would it be possible to do this ride on an MB??
im riding an Avanti Lighting, completed the great vic on it, not very comfortable but until i get a racer its gonna do the trick

The event organisers said it would be easier to ride a road bike. Then suggested you can put road bike wheels on your MB. It would have to be a light enough frame though so you dont damage the wheels. I reckon it would be more comfortable on a MB, but alot more beneficial on a roadie. Im on a roadie, it'd be easier lugging up the hills and mountains than a MB.

redbacks said:
The event organisers said it would be easier to ride a road bike. Then suggested you can put road bike wheels on your MB. It would have to be a light enough frame though so you dont damage the wheels. I reckon it would be more comfortable on a MB, but alot more beneficial on a roadie. Im on a roadie, it'd be easier lugging up the hills and mountains than a MB.
ok. if i have a roadie by then i may enter, if not i wont worry about it, for the mtb i have some road tyres but its still not a comfortable ride.