Holiday mania

Callistus Valerius

Guest
Almost became a statistic last week. A women headed to the mall was
driving a van, and talking to her passenger, blew a stop sign at 35 mph, in
the intersection I was in. Everthing seemed to happen in slow motion, but
at the last second she slammed on the brakes and skidded through the
intersection just missing me. I wonder what she was going to get at the
mall, that almost cost my life.

B. Lafferty

Guest
> Almost became a statistic last week. A women headed to the mall was
> driving a van, and talking to her passenger, blew a stop sign at 35 mph,
> in
> the intersection I was in. Everthing seemed to happen in slow motion, but
> at the last second she slammed on the brakes and skidded through the
> intersection just missing me. I wonder what she was going to get at the
> mall, that almost cost my life.

A new cell phone.

Badger

Guest
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:34:57 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Almost became a statistic last week. A women headed to the mall was
>driving a van, and talking to her passenger, blew a stop sign at 35 mph, in
>the intersection I was in. Everthing seemed to happen in slow motion, but
>at the last second she slammed on the brakes and skidded through the
>intersection just missing me. I wonder what she was going to get at the
>mall, that almost cost my life.

No aftermath - blaming you for being in her vicinity - tearful remorse
(you, not her - I mean, get real <g>) ?

-B

Callistus Valerius

Guest
> > Almost became a statistic last week. A women headed to the mall was
> > driving a van, and talking to her passenger, blew a stop sign at 35 mph,
> > in
> > the intersection I was in. Everthing seemed to happen in slow motion,

but
> > at the last second she slammed on the brakes and skidded through the
> > intersection just missing me. I wonder what she was going to get at the
> > mall, that almost cost my life.

> A new cell phone.

I had a perfect view of her, since she almost went over me, she had her
head completely turned towards her passenger as she blew through the stop
sign. I wasn't scared, just astonished, and thought, this is how it's going
to end.
I've seen honking, road rage, and accidents, since Thanksgiving. A lot
of carnage, I've even had some close calls driving. I even had some road
rage on the bike, when some guy came side by side, and he rolled the
passenger window down and yelled some sh*t at me, because I was in his lane,
according to him. I chased him on my bike into the McDonalds that he was
headed to. I was going to jerk that ol' fu*k out of the car, until I got a
hold of myself, and just rode off fuming. Can't wait till this Holiday
season is over.

B. Lafferty

Guest
>> > Almost became a statistic last week. A women headed to the mall was
>> > driving a van, and talking to her passenger, blew a stop sign at 35
>> > mph,
>> > in
>> > the intersection I was in. Everthing seemed to happen in slow motion,

> but
>> > at the last second she slammed on the brakes and skidded through the
>> > intersection just missing me. I wonder what she was going to get at
>> > the
>> > mall, that almost cost my life.

>> A new cell phone.
>>

> I had a perfect view of her, since she almost went over me, she had her
> head completely turned towards her passenger as she blew through the stop
> sign. I wasn't scared, just astonished, and thought, this is how it's
> going
> to end.
> I've seen honking, road rage, and accidents, since Thanksgiving. A lot
> of carnage, I've even had some close calls driving. I even had some road
> rage on the bike, when some guy came side by side, and he rolled the
> passenger window down and yelled some sh*t at me, because I was in his
> lane,
> according to him. I chased him on my bike into the McDonalds that he was
> headed to. I was going to jerk that ol' fu*k out of the car, until I got
> hold of myself, and just rode off fuming. Can't wait till this Holiday
> season is over.

Maybe for the remainder of the holiday season you should wear complete Team
Postal kit.

Callistus Valerius

Guest
> Maybe for the remainder of the holiday season you should wear complete
Team
> Postal kit.

Are you kidding? I'm decked out in Hi-Viz pearl isumi from head to toe,
and have so many blinkers, I look like a moving Christmas tree. I'll return
to my camouflage stuff, a week after New Years.

B. Lafferty

Guest
news:eek:[email protected]
>> Maybe for the remainder of the holiday season you should wear complete

> Team
>> Postal kit.
>>

> Are you kidding? I'm decked out in Hi-Viz pearl isumi from head to
> toe,
> and have so many blinkers, I look like a moving Christmas tree. I'll
> return
> to my camouflage stuff, a week after New Years.

Is that what Lance is wearing?

Callistus Valerius

Guest

> > Are you kidding? I'm decked out in Hi-Viz pearl isumi from head to
> > toe,
> > and have so many blinkers, I look like a moving Christmas tree. I'll
> > return
> > to my camouflage stuff, a week after New Years.

> Is that what Lance is wearing?

Is Lance a Hunter too? My camo gear, comes from Cabelas. I prefer
desert brown schemes, to olive green, because where I live it's brown.

As you remember, I gave my usps kit to the Salvation Army before
Halloween. I want to put that chapter behind me.

Carl Sundquist

Guest
> Almost became a statistic last week. A women headed to the mall was
> driving a van, and talking to her passenger, blew a stop sign at 35 mph,
> in
> the intersection I was in. Everthing seemed to happen in slow motion, but
> at the last second she slammed on the brakes and skidded through the
> intersection just missing me. I wonder what she was going to get at the
> mall, that almost cost my life.

It would have been a shame if she'd messed up the C-50

Callistus Valerius

Guest

> It would have been a shame if she'd messed up the C-50
>
> it has over 10,000 miles on it now. it's yesterdays thrill. maybe the

new wheels I'm getting for Christmas will give it some new life.

Tuschinski

New Member
Nov 18, 2003
> I wasn't scared, just astonished, and thought, this is how it's going
to end.

*nods*

My GF and I once had a truck barreling towards us at 60+ speed while we were at a pedestrian cross-over. He missed us of course, but I still remember the clarity in my mind: "This is how it ends". No fear or even astonishment.