Holiday mania

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Callistus Valerius, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. Almost became a statistic last week. A women headed to the mall was
    driving a van, and talking to her passenger, blew a stop sign at 35 mph, in
    the intersection I was in. Everthing seemed to happen in slow motion, but
    at the last second she slammed on the brakes and skidded through the
    intersection just missing me. I wonder what she was going to get at the
    mall, that almost cost my life.

    Tags:

  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    > Almost became a statistic last week. A women headed to the mall was
    > driving a van, and talking to her passenger, blew a stop sign at 35 mph,
    > in
    > the intersection I was in. Everthing seemed to happen in slow motion, but
    > at the last second she slammed on the brakes and skidded through the
    > intersection just missing me. I wonder what she was going to get at the
    > mall, that almost cost my life.

    A new cell phone.

  3. Badger

    Badger Guest

    On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:34:57 GMT, "Callistus Valerius"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Almost became a statistic last week. A women headed to the mall was
    >driving a van, and talking to her passenger, blew a stop sign at 35 mph, in
    >the intersection I was in. Everthing seemed to happen in slow motion, but
    >at the last second she slammed on the brakes and skidded through the
    >intersection just missing me. I wonder what she was going to get at the
    >mall, that almost cost my life.

    No aftermath - blaming you for being in her vicinity - tearful remorse
    (you, not her - I mean, get real <g>) ?

    -B

  4. > > Almost became a statistic last week. A women headed to the mall was
    > > driving a van, and talking to her passenger, blew a stop sign at 35 mph,
    > > in
    > > the intersection I was in. Everthing seemed to happen in slow motion,

    but
    > > at the last second she slammed on the brakes and skidded through the
    > > intersection just missing me. I wonder what she was going to get at the
    > > mall, that almost cost my life.

    > A new cell phone.

    I had a perfect view of her, since she almost went over me, she had her
    head completely turned towards her passenger as she blew through the stop
    sign. I wasn't scared, just astonished, and thought, this is how it's going
    to end.
    I've seen honking, road rage, and accidents, since Thanksgiving. A lot
    of carnage, I've even had some close calls driving. I even had some road
    rage on the bike, when some guy came side by side, and he rolled the
    passenger window down and yelled some sh*t at me, because I was in his lane,
    according to him. I chased him on my bike into the McDonalds that he was
    headed to. I was going to jerk that ol' fu*k out of the car, until I got a
    hold of myself, and just rode off fuming. Can't wait till this Holiday
    season is over.

  5. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    >> > Almost became a statistic last week. A women headed to the mall was
    >> > driving a van, and talking to her passenger, blew a stop sign at 35
    >> > mph,
    >> > in
    >> > the intersection I was in. Everthing seemed to happen in slow motion,

    > but
    >> > at the last second she slammed on the brakes and skidded through the
    >> > intersection just missing me. I wonder what she was going to get at
    >> > the
    >> > mall, that almost cost my life.

    >> A new cell phone.
    >>

    > I had a perfect view of her, since she almost went over me, she had her
    > head completely turned towards her passenger as she blew through the stop
    > sign. I wasn't scared, just astonished, and thought, this is how it's
    > going
    > to end.
    > I've seen honking, road rage, and accidents, since Thanksgiving. A lot
    > of carnage, I've even had some close calls driving. I even had some road
    > rage on the bike, when some guy came side by side, and he rolled the
    > passenger window down and yelled some sh*t at me, because I was in his
    > lane,
    > according to him. I chased him on my bike into the McDonalds that he was
    > headed to. I was going to jerk that ol' fu*k out of the car, until I got
    > hold of myself, and just rode off fuming. Can't wait till this Holiday
    > season is over.

    Maybe for the remainder of the holiday season you should wear complete Team
    Postal kit.

  6. > Maybe for the remainder of the holiday season you should wear complete
    Team
    > Postal kit.

    Are you kidding? I'm decked out in Hi-Viz pearl isumi from head to toe,
    and have so many blinkers, I look like a moving Christmas tree. I'll return
    to my camouflage stuff, a week after New Years.

  7. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    news:eek:[email protected]
    >> Maybe for the remainder of the holiday season you should wear complete

    > Team
    >> Postal kit.
    >>

    > Are you kidding? I'm decked out in Hi-Viz pearl isumi from head to
    > toe,
    > and have so many blinkers, I look like a moving Christmas tree. I'll
    > return
    > to my camouflage stuff, a week after New Years.

    Is that what Lance is wearing?

  8. > >>
    > > Are you kidding? I'm decked out in Hi-Viz pearl isumi from head to
    > > toe,
    > > and have so many blinkers, I look like a moving Christmas tree. I'll
    > > return
    > > to my camouflage stuff, a week after New Years.

    > Is that what Lance is wearing?

    Is Lance a Hunter too? My camo gear, comes from Cabelas. I prefer
    desert brown schemes, to olive green, because where I live it's brown.

    As you remember, I gave my usps kit to the Salvation Army before
    Halloween. I want to put that chapter behind me.

  9. "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Almost became a statistic last week. A women headed to the mall was
    > driving a van, and talking to her passenger, blew a stop sign at 35 mph,
    > in
    > the intersection I was in. Everthing seemed to happen in slow motion, but
    > at the last second she slammed on the brakes and skidded through the
    > intersection just missing me. I wonder what she was going to get at the
    > mall, that almost cost my life.

    It would have been a shame if she'd messed up the C-50

  10. >
    > It would have been a shame if she'd messed up the C-50
    >
    > it has over 10,000 miles on it now. it's yesterdays thrill. maybe the

    new wheels I'm getting for Christmas will give it some new life.

  11. Tuschinski

    Tuschinski New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2003
    > I wasn't scared, just astonished, and thought, this is how it's going
    to end.

    *nods*

    My GF and I once had a truck barreling towards us at 60+ speed while we were at a pedestrian cross-over. He missed us of course, but I still remember the clarity in my mind: "This is how it ends". No fear or even astonishment.