Holiday Rides

B.T.

New Member
Aug 13, 2004
I've noticed that work is winding down for some people and holidays are here, maybe people would like to start posting daily rides.

I'll most likely be attempting the BR on Sunday (hopefully doing better than my virgin attempt last week) and can make a cruise down Beach Road, or a mid week BR next week.

Keep us posted.

Brett.

P.S. I live in Heidelberg if that helps.

"B.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I've noticed that work is winding down for some people and holidays are
> here, maybe people would like to start posting daily rides.
>
> I'll most likely be attempting the BR on Sunday (hopefully doing better
> than my virgin attempt last week) and can make a cruise down Beach Road,
> or a mid week BR next week.
>
> Keep us posted.
>
> Brett.
>
> P.S. I live in Heidelberg if that helps.
>
> --
> B.T.

Why don't you join us on the BR ride that starts at Doncaster? I live in
Yallambie and I ride down Rosanna Rd on my way to Doncaster. The BR leaves
Doncaster at 0720h and I generally leave home around 0645h or so to give
myself plenty of time to get there.

If you want to meet up, post a reply in here and we can set a time/place
(maybe bottom of Burgandy St??)

The actual BR is pretty good and although there are a few hills, there are
plenty of places where the guys at the front slow down so that we can all
regroup.

Ride On,

Gags

I was there last week, with Bleh and Steve.

I struggled up the 1st steep hill and died on the big climb (21 mins), and then managed to survive back to Heidelberg.

I'll definately try to be there this week and know I can do better!!!

Let me know a time to meet at the nursery before the Yarra Bridge and I'll meet you there as I'll coming screaming down Banksia St.

Just checked the weather...change forecast for Saturday night/ Sunday morning. I'll have my fingers crossed.

Brett.

B.T. said:
I was there last week, with Bleh and Steve.

hehe. that might stick! :D

B.T. said:
I struggled up the 1st steep hill and died on the big climb (21 mins), and then managed to survive back to Heidelberg.
We have all been there BT. if im going easy i do about a 18-20min now after 20-odd BR's. You'll be surpried how much you find yourself improving if you come out regularly. Besides you know what youre up for now
[/QUOTE]

I'll definately try to be there this week and know I can do better!!!
Just checked the weather...change forecast for Saturday night/ Sunday morning. I'll have my fingers crossed.
Brett.[/QUOTE]

Excellent. spent Thurs/Fri in Brisbane which was no weather for riding!!! too damn hot (runs away expecting Gemma to call me a wuss ;) ).
Carl-the-coach was riding off to Daylesford after our session at Blackburn this morning. Sure hope he made it OK...

flyingdutch wrote:
> We have all been there BT. if im going easy i do about a 18-20min now
> after 20-odd BR's. You'll be surpried how much you find yourself
> improving if you come out regularly. Besides you know what youre up for
> now

Any idea how far that section from the bus stop to the final rise is. I
was wondering what the avg speed up there is if it takes 20 mins (for
mere mortals that is, not Gags or Blah).

DaveB "about to go for a run in 34 deg, more than happy to ride in the
rain tomorrow"

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 at 07:42 GMT, DaveB (aka Bruce)
> flyingdutch wrote:
>> We have all been there BT. if im going easy i do about a 18-20min now
>> after 20-odd BR's. You'll be surpried how much you find yourself
>> improving if you come out regularly. Besides you know what youre up for
>> now
>>

> Any idea how far that section from the bus stop to the final rise is. I
> was wondering what the avg speed up there is if it takes 20 mins (for
> mere mortals that is, not Gags or Blah).
>
> DaveB "about to go for a run in 34 deg, more than happy to ride in the
> rain tomorrow"

Oh? Is it going to rain tomorrow? I might well just join in then...

I guess I better go search for the details...

NOT A CHANCE! I know for a *fact* the kittens aren't frightened
by temporal anomalies. Clock watching simply ain't their bag.
John Schmidt@ARK

"B.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I was there last week, with Bleh and Steve.
>
> I struggled up the 1st steep hill and died on the big climb (21 mins),
> and then managed to survive back to Heidelberg.
>
> I'll definately try to be there this week and know I can do better!!!
>
> Let me know a time to meet at the nursery before the Yarra Bridge and
> I'll meet you there as I'll coming screaming down Banksia St.
>
> Just checked the weather...change forecast for Saturday night/ Sunday
> morning. I'll have my fingers crossed.
>
> Brett.
> --
> B.T.

I will leave home at 0645h and I reckon I will be at the nursery around 0655
to 0700h. I will wait there until 0705h and if there is no sign of you then
I will keep going (suggest you do the same if I am not there by 0705h).

I will be the big, funny looking bloke on an Avanti Monza with a mile of
seatpost sticking out and top of the line Shimano Sora groupset (probably
wearing a red/blue Cannibal jersey).

Seeya there,

Gags

DaveB wrote:
> Any idea how far that section from the bus stop to the final rise is. I
> was wondering what the avg speed up there is if it takes 20 mins (for
> mere mortals that is, not Gags or Blah).

Well I think it is about 5.6km (Gags when I said it was 6.6 today I
forgot that was to K Ground rather than just over the rise at the end of
the climb). So an 18 min climb calculates to an avg of around 18.6kmh
which is a lot faster than I would have expected, can that be right? And
14 min (which is around the Blah/Gags best time) would be an avg of
24kmh, which would indicate to me something is not adding up. If the
whole ride averages 24kmh there's no way it's beign achieved on that
section.

DaveB "confused, tired"