Holiday Safety Advice?

Chris says:

>and she mentioned STDs were now, officially, STIs.

While sympathising with your feelings about STI as an acronym, I have to admit I hated the day when
STDs took over from VD. "STD" is/was "Standardised Trunk Dialling", or English for Long Distance
calling. I could never look a phone bill in the face again...

Steve

> Chris says:
>
> >and she mentioned STDs were now, officially, STIs.
>
> While sympathising with your feelings about STI as an acronym, I have to
admit
> I hated the day when STDs took over from VD. "STD" is/was "Standardised
Trunk
> Dialling", or English for Long Distance calling. I could never look a
phone
> bill in the face again...

That's what you get for dialing those '900' numbers!

Bill "slow morning" S.