Holy cow, Polar Precision Performance V4

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Nick Burns, Feb 18, 2003.

  1. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Has anyone else tried this? It now has a tool to automatically create a zipped archive to mail
    updates to others (your coach usually).

    I am testing it now and want to know what others have found. I have had 1 crash so far, and Polar is
    not always the best with each release, but the new features on this might make it a worthwhile
    update regardless.

    Tags:

  2. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone else tried this? It now has a tool to automatically create a zipped archive to mail
    > updates to others (your coach usually).
    >
    > I am testing it now and want to know what others have found. I have had 1 crash so far, and Polar
    > is not always the best with each release, but the new features on this might make it a worthwhile
    > update regardless.

    Loaded it last night. No problems so far. They still haven't fixed the Daily temperature upload that
    they fixed in one version and then broke in the next..

    Danny Callen

  3. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Tempurature was automated? I missed that version. Thanks.
    > >

    > > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > had
    > > 1
    > > the
    > > > >

    > > > Loaded it last night. No problems so far. They still haven't fixed the
    > > Daily
    > > > temperature upload that they fixed in one version and then broke in
    the
    > > > next..
    > > >
    > > > Danny Callen
    > > >

    > It would automatically fill in the temperature into the "Day Information" tab. Now it looks as if
    > there is a selection to plot temperature but when
    > click it, I don't see temp on the grapsh just a line with (F) next to
    it????

    > DannY Callen

    I just got it to work! It graphs temperature cool! (Did it do that before???)

    Danny Callen

  4. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Tempurature was automated? I missed that version. Thanks.

    "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Nick Burns" <c[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Has anyone else tried this? It now has a tool to automatically create a zipped archive to mail
    > > updates to others (your coach usually).
    > >
    > > I am testing it now and want to know what others have found. I have had
    1
    > > crash so far, and Polar is not always the best with each release, but
    the
    > > new features on this might make it a worthwhile update regardless.
    > >

    > Loaded it last night. No problems so far. They still haven't fixed the
    Daily
    > temperature upload that they fixed in one version and then broke in the next..
    >
    > Danny Callen

  5. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Where are you looking? In a report or an individual file?

    "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Tempurature was automated? I missed that version. Thanks.
    > >

    > > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > had
    > > 1
    > > the
    > > > >

    > > > Loaded it last night. No problems so far. They still haven't fixed the
    > > Daily
    > > > temperature upload that they fixed in one version and then broke in
    the
    > > > next..
    > > >
    > > > Danny Callen
    > > >

    > It would automatically fill in the temperature into the "Day Information" tab. Now it looks as if
    > there is a selection to plot temperature but when
    > click it, I don't see temp on the grapsh just a line with (F) next to
    it????

    > DannY Callen

  6. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Tempurature was automated? I missed that version. Thanks.
    >

    > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Has anyone else tried this? It now has a tool to automatically create
    > > > zipped archive to mail updates to others (your coach usually).
    > > >
    > > > I am testing it now and want to know what others have found. I have
    had
    > 1
    > > > crash so far, and Polar is not always the best with each release, but
    > the
    > > > new features on this might make it a worthwhile update regardless.
    > > >

    > > Loaded it last night. No problems so far. They still haven't fixed the
    > Daily
    > > temperature upload that they fixed in one version and then broke in the next..
    > >
    > > Danny Callen

    It would automatically fill in the temperature into the "Day Information" tab. Now it looks as if
    there is a selection to plot temperature but when I click it, I don't see temp on the grapsh just a
    line with (F) next to it????

    DannY Callen

  7. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Where are you looking? In a report or an individual file?

    Individual file. If you go to the calendar and click on a file. In the Day Information tab,
    temperature used to be filled in automtically. I also just noticed that when I look at an individual
    graph, I can plot temperature! Has that always been there??

    Danny Callrn

  8. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Tempurature was automated? I missed that version. Thanks.
    > > >

    > > > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > create

    > > had
    > > > 1
    > but
    > > > the

    > > > Daily
    > the

    > > It would automatically fill in the temperature into the "Day
    Information"
    > > tab. Now it looks as if there is a selection to plot temperature but
    when
    > > click it, I don't see temp on the grapsh just a line with (F) next to
    > it????
    > >
    > > DannY Callen
    > >

    > I just got it to work! It graphs temperature cool! (Did it do that before???)
    >
    > Danny Callen

    I also just noticed that it only "graphs" temperature at or when lap times are taken...

    Danny Callen

  9. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    That is the only time it polls that data.

    "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > create

    > have
    > > > had
    > > but

    > the
    > > the

    > > > It would automatically fill in the temperature into the "Day
    > Information"
    > > > tab. Now it looks as if there is a selection to plot temperature but
    > when
    > > > click it, I don't see temp on the grapsh just a line with (F) next to
    > > it????
    > > >
    > > > DannY Callen
    > > >

    > > I just got it to work! It graphs temperature cool! (Did it do that before???)
    > >
    > > Danny Callen
    > >

    > I also just noticed that it only "graphs" temperature at or when lap times are taken...
    >
    > Danny Callen

  10. Hb

    Hb Guest

    "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...
    > That is the only time it polls that data.

    Which is also explained in the README file, and on their website.

    Has anyone else tried to make a backup file, move it to another computer and restore it there?
    I have tried it, but it doesn't work. What good is a backup if you cannot restore it on
    another device?

    HB

  11. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Yeah, this release should be beta. Mine crashes EACH TIME I use the email tool. I am using WinXP
    Home on a notebook with Office 2k (therefore Outlook
    2k). I am going to email the bugs to them.