HOLY CRAP!! Rockhopper to EPIC

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by guppie, Oct 20, 2004.

1. guppie

guppie New Member

I bought a new Epic and just took it out yesterday for the first time. I previously rode a 04 Rockhopper comp, but it was pretty pimped out, SRAM X.9 all around, AVID TI brakes, CF seat post and riser bars. It wasn't a bad bike, I just think my skill level may have surpassed the bikes capabilities.

Well, with the Epic, I am now in a whole new world. I actually think I heard the bike laughing at me. There is this one downhill section that my hardtail really struggled with because its so bumpy. With the epic, not only did I fly down that section, I did so while remaining seated. Fox suspension (front and back) is awesome (I'm coming from Manitou Elite Shock).

This bike took me on lines I didn't know existed before. It flew downhill and climbed like it was being chased. This bike is going to bring my skill to a whole new level. I'm so excited, I thought I'd share that with you all.

two thumbs up for the epic.

Tags:

2. mark_kendrick

mark_kendrick New Member

I just bought an '03 Epic NOS frameset(175 mi ago). I went to a White Bros VT 1.3 at the same time. Between the two I'm in heaven. I love the way the 'brain' works. It climbs like a mtn goats and descends like you're rindin on pillows.

I love it!!

Congrats on the new ride.