Holy hell!

Do the spoke heads hit the frame? If you could mill a slot in the frame
where the spoke heads hit would it work? How deep would that slot have
to be? Ideally it would not be a slot, it would be an arc with the same
radius as the spoke hole circle on the flange. A straight slot, slightly
wider, would be easier to do.

--
harper - TANKED at GASWORKS

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

JC is the ONLY main man. (except for Ken Looi)

thats only funny to me since i wish i had that wheel back, im going to
have to build a whole new 26" wheel now because of an unforscene (sp?)
compatabilaty issue with a similar project.

at least you got a killer deal on that. i will never guess about
shipping on a 26" wheel again, that was a costly mistake.

i would go with the slot idea..its steel so it sould be ok.

EDIT: how about speading the legs out with a small car jack and then
bending the bearing holders in with a vise?

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

It would appear that both of our problems have stemmed from the same
source...at least a different "unicycle source." I bought another set of
Snafu concave pedals in black that mount up to my BE (err... Nimbus)
cranks and a small black + silver clamp. The unicycle is very
aesthetically pleasing to me, however some modifications are going to
have to take place to get that wheel moving. The spokes aren't hitting
at the hub/flange but slightly higher where the fork angles in towards
the bearing holders. I'm going to take some measurements and see how
much I'll have to modify the frame. Any suggestions on a safe distance?

--
AccordNSX - Adam Coast Choppers

If I had a signature, would you forge it?
AccordNSX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/541

AccordNSX wrote:
> *Any suggestions on a safe distance? *

You are in Florida and I am in Washington. You can't get much safer than
that.

--
harper - TANKED at GASWORKS

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

JC is the ONLY main man. (except for Ken Looi)

1st the pope, now this.....sad sad sad.

we just had easter but maybe it will still rise again one fine day.

--

AccordNSX wrote:
> *Finally got around to setting up a gallery. Here's a picture of my
> heartbreak. *

Ouch! Will you be able to repair it by welding the cracked area?

The gallery comment says it happened before even being ridden. Were you
trying to fit too big of a bearing or too small of a bearing?

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com

john_childs wrote:
> *The gallery comment says it happened before even being ridden. Were
> you trying to fit too big of a bearing or too small of a bearing? *

I never had the chance to ride the frame, but Steve had ridden it a few
times before parting with it.
A cold weld might be the fix to the sollution. I had intentions of
placing a 26" wheel with a unicycle.com wide hub but the frame could not
accomodate such a wheel. The aesthetic holes were drilled fairly close
to the bearing holder which may have lessened it's chances for survival.

--
AccordNSX - Adam Coast Choppers

If I had a signature, would you forge it?
AccordNSX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/541

Its not a crack fella's, It was put there when that hole was drilled, he
simply miss aligned the drill and skimmed the inside wall of the
bearing. It is also no structual problem, there is still the bearing lip
which adds tons of rigidity and strength, also the metal above it quite
strong too, those combined when pushed against a bearing, and that fact
that there is little or no load on the holder in the place of the flaw,
Hence our problem is no more than an eye sore.

It's a pretty awesome frame I must add, I plan to put it on a street 24"
wheel.

--
Evan Byrne - Up, And over.
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Evan Byrne wrote:
> *Does Steve make alot of frames with holes in them? *

There is only one Holy Hell frame. But Steve did make other frames with
holes and cutouts in them:
'artistic CNC cutouts'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Prototype-unicycle-frames/aaj)
'CNC holes' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq57/bigapple29er2)