Holy shatz! Cop stops bicycle!

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Tom Keats wrote:
> Incidentally, I've never seen a cyclist "ram" through a
> /busy/ intersection against the light. But then, I've
> never seen anyone jump through between boxcars of a fast
> moving train, either.

Not a bicycle, but we had a situation locally where a
student and his girlfriend were waiting for a stopped
freight train was blocking the crossing (equipped with
flashing signal lights), which was on a curve with the
engine well out of sight. The guy got impatient and decided
to crawl under the train. The train "suddenly" started (how
do you "suddenly" start a 100-car freight) and ran over the
guy, killing him. The current info on the accident is to
blame the engineer and the RR company for operating the
freight in a negligent manner. And so it goes.

Daniel T. wrote:
> There is a law in my city that says people are not allowed
> to shower naked.

There is a law in Kentucky that makes it unlawful to breed
animals within 100 yards of a schoolbuilding, or 200 yards
of a church. Why the difference, I wonder.

OT, but it beats the current discussion.

Daniel J. Stern <[email protected]>:
>Forget the street name; it's the traffic light four or five
>blocks West of High Park Ave (the one *with* cross traffic)

Four or five blocks west, a block or two west of where the
grade levels out, first true four-way intersection west of
High Park? Probably Runnymede.

That is indeed a busy part of Bloor Street, both in the
roadway and in pedestrian traffic on the sidewalks and in
the crosswalks.

Norman Wilson Toronto ON
--
To reply directly, expel `.edu'.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Paul" <UPS_SUCKS!@slower_traffic_get_to_the_right.com> writes:

> And if you can't obey the law while riding your bike,
> get the hell off the road. Otherwise, I'd be perfectly
> happy to let you see the underside of my car, you
> worthless eco-*****.

So at least we don't have to worry about you swerving into
another car or two, to avoid hitting a cyclist. And the mass
of goo and twisted metal that used to be a bike and its
rider wouldn't need a license and registration. Some ID
wouldn't hurt, though.