Holy shatz! Cop stops bicycle!

In article <[email protected]>,
Bernd Felsche <[email protected]> writes:

> I love it.

I love you!! In fact, I'd like to give you a big, wet,
slurpy kiss right now -- from a non-driving cyclist to a
driver. So here it is: Mmmmmwwwaaa!

L'amour: c'est bon, n'est pas?

How's that for malice?

Mmmmmwwwaaa! (you're so irresistible, you love-hungry
cutie.)

And thank you for speaking of Love, because that's how we

we human beans get along with each other -- especially in
passing, like on roadways. If we didn't care for our
fellows, chaos would ensue, and road rage would prevail.

Now, I'm just a poor guy, but I /earn/ my keep. I'm not on
welfare or anything like that. I work (at home, typing
transcripts of boring documentaries.) But I often need my
bicycle in order to pick-up my work materials, to deliver my
finished product, and yes -- even to pick up and cash my
paltry little paycheques. I often /have/ to ride, rain or
shine. And since I live in Vancouver BC, it's often rain. I
save a lot of busfare, not to mention time, by riding
instead of taking the bus.

With my current low financial status, I readily submit that
cyclists like me are most definitely /not/ willing to take
chances such as bolting into a busy intersection, or any
other infraction that might result in an expensive fine. Or
worse, medical expenses incurred by being clobbered by a
car. I've already spent top-dollar, ensuring that my bike
and myself are perfectly legal.

On the streets, drivers find me considerate, and they
appreciate my consideration (even though I just don't want
them to clobber me.) I often take to the side-streets. Those
can be dangerous, because they're narrow. Anyhow, I've
observed how drivers on narrow side-streets are willing to
dive into gaps between parked cars, to let oncoming cars go
by. I do the same thing as the drivers, and often get an
appreciative smile & wave from them as they roll by. That
feels really good to me. But it can be a dangerous practice
for a cyclist because if improperly done, it could entail
disappearing from view (between parked cars), and then
suddenly popping-out into the traffic stream again.

When I'm on the big arterial streets, I might get yelled-at,
honked-at, spat-at, have burning cigarette butts or
McDonald's grunge tossed at me, or all manner of abuse
directed at me -- when I'm not in anybody's way, I'm just
minding my own business and trying to get to where I'm
going, just like everybody else. Phffffft. Daniel Stern
complains about the antics of cyclists, but ... nah, let's
not go there.

Tell ya what, though -- if I had to deal with the expense of
licensing and registration, I might as well sell my bike for
food, go on the dole, and live on your tax money.

Inflicting mandatory licensing & registration on cyclists
wouuld be, besides an expensive and reduntant inflation of
governmental bureaucracy, an unconscionable expropriation of
/your/ right to freedom of movement. Everyone has the right
to ride a bicycle, whether or not they actually want to.
Some of us want to. Some of us have to. Especially with the
current high (and getting higher) gasoline prices.

Love -- what an inspiration!

Mmmmmwwwaaa! I do love you!