home brew goo, anyone ever?

Michael Baldwin

Guest
Has anyone ever concocted a mixture of condensed milk and lemon juice to
make their own energy goo? Or how about condensed milk as a post work
out / race supplement?

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Michael Baldwin wrote:
> Has anyone ever concocted a mixture of condensed milk and lemon juice to
> make their own energy goo? Or how about condensed milk as a post work
> out / race supplement?

Not condensed milk but ... I better not tell you. Trade secret and all.
But it's coming soon to a market near you: "Boonen's Punk".

You'll love it.

where does this idea originate ???

your gall bladder?

datakoll wrote:

> where does this idea originate ???
>
> your gall bladder?

Market study. In a world as full of Boonen man crushes as this one, I'll
make HUNDREDS of dollars!

>[email protected] (datakoll)
>where does this idea originate ???
>your gall bladder?

...I've seen Indy 500 winners drinking milk I just thought...

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

On Mar 8, 5:52 pm, [email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
> Has anyone ever concocted a mixture of condensed milk and lemon juice to
> make their own energy goo?  Or how about condensed milk as a post work
> out / race supplement?

You may want to use Whey Protein Isolate.

A great post workout flavor is French Vanilla Hot Chocolate
with Green Tea extract, and you need Glutamine or
alpha lipoic acid in any recovery drink. Also needed
are the amino acids Tyrosine and Taurine.

Michael Baldwin wrote:
> Has anyone ever concocted a mixture of condensed milk and lemon juice to
> make their own energy goo? Or how about condensed milk as a post work
> out / race supplement?
>
> Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

I don't know about making energy gels, but I found this study
interesting with regard to energy recovery drinks:

(Found by Googling on "Indiana University recovery drink")

Chocolate milk is good for exhausted muscles. Indiana University
Bloomington physiologist Joel Stager has found that drinking chocolate
milk is one of the best things an athlete can do to recover shortly
after a rigorous practice. Chocolate milk, as opposed to white milk, has
a high carbohydrate and protein content, ideal for exhausted muscles. It
also replaces fluids lost as sweat during workouts. Stager is a
professor in the Department of Kinesiology in IUB's School of Health,
Physical Education and Recreation and is the director of the Counsilman
Center for the Science of Swimming. Stager also coaches swimmers. He
first tested his "recovery by chocolate milk" theory several years ago
on his swimmers, who had been struggling with their twice-a-day
practices. The results were so promising that he and his doctoral
students, led by Jason Karp, conducted a study involving cyclists in a
more controlled environment. The chocolate milk proved to be just as
effective a recovery product as one commercial sports drink and almost
twice as effective as another commercial sports drink. Stager said
chocolate milk would be particularly helpful for athletes such as
swimmers, long-distance runners and cyclists enduring long or intense
practices, and for other athletes who practice more than once a day. An
athlete of average weight could drink around two 8-ounce glasses of
chocolate milk each hour for four to six hours following a rigorous
workout, according to research-based recommendations for maximum
recovery. Stager added that milkshakes are a good alternative for
athletes who don't like chocolate milk. The research was funded by Dairy
and Nutrition Council Inc. For more information, contact Stager at
812-855-1637 and [email protected] and Karp at 812-332-3653 and
[email protected].
=====
I am capable of making myself a glass of chocolate milk after I ride.
But maybe I should just stop at the nearby Baskin-Robbins for a
chcoclate milk shake each day....

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:

> >[email protected] (datakoll)
> >where does this idea originate ???
> >your gall bladder?

> ..I've seen Indy 500 winners drinking milk I just thought...

That's just a dumb tradition:

"A long-standing tradition of the Indianapolis 500 is for the victor to drink a
bottle of milk immediately after the race. This practice first began in 1936 after
Victor Louis Meyer asked for a glass of buttermilk, something his mother had
encouraged him to drink on hot days. Afterward it became a ritual as milk companies
became sponsors of the race purse and handed a bottle of milk to the winner to
promote their product.[4] A sponsorship of currently $10,000 now paid out by the
American Dairy Association if the winner swigs the milk in victory lane."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianapolis_500#Post-race

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>,
Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
>
> > >[email protected] (datakoll)
> > >where does this idea originate ???
> > >your gall bladder?

> > ..I've seen Indy 500 winners drinking milk I just thought...

> That's just a dumb tradition:
>
> "A long-standing tradition of the Indianapolis 500 is for the victor to
> drink a
> bottle of milk immediately after the race. This practice first began in 1936
> after
> Victor Louis Meyer asked for a glass of buttermilk, something his mother had
> encouraged him to drink on hot days. Afterward it became a ritual as milk
> companies
> became sponsors of the race purse and handed a bottle of milk to the winner
> promote their product.[4] A sponsorship of currently $10,000 now paid out by
> the
> American Dairy Association if the winner swigs the milk in victory lane."
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianapolis_500#Post-race

Oh yeah, that's weird, but the Milk Race wasn't. Sheesh.

>[email protected] (Howard Kveck)
>In article <[email protected]>,

[email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
>[email protected] (datakoll)
>where does this idea originate ???
>your gall bladder?
>..I've seen Indy 500 winners drinking milk I just thought...
>
> Howard writes;
>
>      That's just a dumb tradition:

Howard, I apologize for making you think the relevance of my question
(home brew goo) was based on the Indy 500 tradition. I was simply
replying in kind to DataTroll

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

>Michael Baldwin wrote:
>Has anyone ever concocted a mixture of condensed milk and
>lemon juice to make their own energy goo? Or how
>about condensed milk as a post work out / race
>supplement?
>Best Regards - Mike Baldwin
>
>Colin writes;
>
>I don't know about making energy gels, but I found
>this study interesting with regard to energy recovery drinks:

Thanks Colin - I've seen that study/article.

Condensed Milk has long a history of "rebuilding" the overly stressed.
It's accredited for saving the lives the malnourished since it's
creation and is still part of every humanitarian relief effort today.
I know some may find my question odd when you can just go to the
health and nutrition aisle and find such a wide and deep product
assortment ready to go if you got the dough ($$$).
But I'm simple and quite possibly ignorant.("possibly" who am I trying
to fool) I don't believe a healthy _normal_ human needs super
concoctions to recover from a relative low impact workout, aka a bike
ride.
Having said all that. I did oversee the efforts of a off-road
motorcycle endurance racing team. There we followed the nutritional &
supplement advice as outlined in Chris Carmichael's book. We did good.
First non-factory supported team, 3rd overall.

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

SCIENCE, nutrition, has a long history telling us milk is snot good
for adults.
Tho a on the ride milk shake is yummy and tummy comfortable nervous
system wise, the fats are relatively indigestable compared to sucrose,
fructose: the basis of the energy food industry.
Undigested fats are rerouted thru a tube from the intestines and
dumped into the circulatory system above the heart.
Distilled water and lemon juice with a pinch of salt is cool.
Interesting fact I notice maybe not non trolls is the CHO of a 3
Musketteers doesn't slack my muscles during riding as "normal" people
who are taken aback by my buying and eating one while riding.
I'm at a different point in the Krebs cycle? You know Krebs right?
NOW is the time to train the lactose cycles up for spring asper
Carmichael.

Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
>
>>> [email protected] (datakoll)
>>> where does this idea originate ???
>>> your gall bladder?

>> ..I've seen Indy 500 winners drinking milk I just thought...

> That's just a dumb tradition:

Maybe it's dumb, maybe it's not.

The article doesn't say who the $10,000 payment goes to. If I could get
$10,000 for drinking milk, then I'd drink it and appear to LIKE it.
Heart attacks and masters fattyism be damned!

<http://snltranscripts.jt.org/76/76emilk.phtml>

--
Michael Press

On Mar 8, 6:52 pm, [email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
> Has anyone ever concocted a mixture of condensed milk and lemon juice to
> make their own energy goo?  Or how about condensed milk as a post work
> out / race supplement?

Dumbass -

google: "Pot Belge"

and you'll see what works the best.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

>Kurgan Gringioni)
>On Mar 8, 6:52 pm, [email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
>Has anyone ever concocted a mixture of condensed milk and
>lemon juice to make their own energy goo?  Or how
>about condensed milk as a post work out / race
>supplement?
>Dumbass -
>google: "Pot Belge"
>and you'll see what works the best.
>thanks,
>K. Gringioni.

...I don't want to "get up" for my post work-out recovery, or do
I?...maybe I should just win Indy and drink buttermilk, what do you
think Grunge?...

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin