Home Improvements - For Bikes!?

"Tim Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Andrew Swan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]... <...>
> >
> > Hmm, let's see...
> >
> > A garage with room for a bike rack so I don't have to hang them up alongside the car (yes, I
> > have a car, shock horror).
> >
> > A retinal scanning opener for the garage door so I don't have to fish around in my pockets for
> > keys or a remote control while juggling bike, mail, helmet, etc.
> >

> I ride with a bum bag with my garage door opener clipped to the side -
that
> way I just touch the button and I can roll on in! ;-)
>
> > A spare room for the (nubile Swedish) masseuse and bike mechanic to live in (this could be one
> > person or two).
> >

> There are sure to be at least a few nubile women that have dual diplomas
in
> bike mechanics and massage from the Swedish University of Erotic Therapy (SUET).
>
> Tim
>
> As Long as these Swedish women don't massage you after fixing the
bikes.....i'd hate to discover greasy hand marks all over my back...........or front for
that matter!!

"hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Luther Blissett" <[email protected]> wrote
in
> message news:bi4ogi$9a3
> > I just throw my bike in the door .. no worrying about carrying it
> upstairs, or down
> > the hall past various flatmates' piles of garbage.
>
> My problem is the "throw bike in the door" bit. I tend to connect bike to door frame. Of course, I
> _could_ try turning on some lights in the morning.. nah!
>
> > But my dream home for my bike: A garage, with a heater and a good security system. The ute can
> > live outside. Unfortunately such a setup is hard to come across in the inner city. Except the
> > ute living outside
bit.

> I work on my bikes inside my unit. The shed contains a car (damn I wish I could sell that!) and is
> freezing! The carpet is also quite dodgy inside so I feel no need to be careful with
> oil/grease/parts.
>
> > (Hey Hippy - is my snipping improving?)
>
> Tis! ;) Hey Hippy...is this your unit you are living in? I'd hate to think it was
my unit i am renting out!! after the carpet is completely stuffed, i'm putting in plastic
grass hehehehe
> hip

Gags wrote:

*snip*
> "sure you can watch TV, you just have to pedal".
>
> No wonder my kids love me.

I love you too! Do you have a payphone in the kitchen as well? That would rock.
--
Cheers LB

hippy <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Deep Flayed Mares" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eTx1b.1524
> > One recently sold for about $900,000 in North Melbourne, near Errol
> St. It
> > had a huge open space about 40 metres by 50 metres. I had a few mates
> living
> > in it, and they would ride trikes around from one side to the other.
> Winter
> > was obviously a ***** there. That place would have been my dream home if I could have gotten my
> hands on
> > it. Now it's gonna be turned into yuppy townhouses, dammit.
>
> I'll go you halvies in the next one that comes up for sale.. before those damn yuppies get hold of
> it! I'm thinking of not having any heating and just having a few bikes ready to ride around "the
> track". Get cold - ride a few laps! :)

The way they dealt with the cold was to construct bedrooms out of cheap pine, mattresses, and any
other material they could find, and heat them with small electric heaters. The 'lounge' room was
much the same, with a few sheets acting as a door. This was located across the other side from the
kitchen, and so one of the rickshaw trikes had a tray for carrying everything from one side to the
other. The rickshaw tray was then used for the loungeroom table.

The whole place ended up filled with bikes, motorbikes, bands, band equipment, and maladjusted
artists that covered the walls in psychodelic scrawls. Also, they had an old mechanical pokie
machine near the front door that took 10 cent pieces. This was a great novelty for anyone new that
came into the place, and they just had to pump all their coins into it. The profits from this went a
long way toward paying for the electricity bill (large). A good system!

Pity the landlord's hip pocket was more important than the functional commune that had emerged.
---
DFM

"DJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hey Hippy...is this your unit you are living in? I'd hate to think it
was
> my unit i am renting out!! after the carpet is completely stuffed,
i'm
> putting in plastic grass hehehehe

My parents own it and I "maintain" it :) The carpet was trashed when they bought it and I insisted
that it not be changed because I knew it would get trashed. Astro-turf.. hmm, that'd be cool,
something different. But then, without carpet, what do I clean my chain and sprockets on? ;-)

hippy

"Deep Flayed Mares" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eTx1b.1524
> One recently sold for about $900,000 in North Melbourne, near Errol
St. It
> had a huge open space about 40 metres by 50 metres. I had a few mates
living
> in it, and they would ride trikes around from one side to the other.
Winter
> was obviously a ***** there. That place would have been my dream home if I could have gotten my
hands on
> it. Now it's gonna be turned into yuppy townhouses, dammit.

I'll go you halvies in the next one that comes up for sale.. before those damn yuppies get hold of
it! I'm thinking of not having any heating and just having a few bikes ready to ride around "the
track". Get cold - ride a few laps! :)

hippy

> I was thinking right? (yes, THAT's what that noise was!) With all that home improvement rubbish on
> TV, what would cyclists do if they had to design a house, given unlimited funds?

As far as cycling goes, a nice place to store and work on them, a wash station, and 40 acres of
private single-track and nice road riding from the front door.