Home made wheel truing stand

Travis

Guest
A while back I posted about a $10 wheel truing stand which I'd made
out of scraps of wood from the shed and a few dollars worth of springs
and bolts from Bunnings. Some people asked for pictures.

Well I have finally gotten my first digital camera (**** quality
camera phone actually) and took a few snaps of the stand and uploaded
them to Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8793655@N05/

This is my first attempt to upload photos to Flickr, so I hope the
link above is the correct one I'm supposed to give out.

Sorry about the crappy quality of the pictures, but they do show the
mechanical detail well enough to see what's going on, if you follow
the accompanying text anyway.

Travis

Interesting! I guess you could take the same approach with an old bike
frame out of the hard rubbish - drill a few holes and put in some
bolts for guides - for front and back wheels.

Donga

Travis wrote:
> A while back I posted about a $10 wheel truing stand which I'd made
> out of scraps of wood from the shed and a few dollars worth of springs
> and bolts from Bunnings. Some people asked for pictures.

That's very well put together, I might have to make myself one
now. ;-)

Well done!

BTH

On Jun 12, 7:59 am, BT Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
> Travis wrote:
> > A while back I posted about a $10 wheel truing stand which I'd made
> > out of scraps of wood from the shed and a few dollars worth of springs
> > and bolts from Bunnings. Some people asked for pictures.

> That's very well put together, I might have to make myself one
> now. ;-)
>
> Well done!
>
> BTH

Want me to upload pics of my DIY bike workstand as well, while I'm at
it?

Travis

Travis wrote:
> Want me to upload pics of my DIY bike workstand as well, while I'm at
> it?

Sure! I'm a big fan of pirating other people's ideas. ;-)

I've got to build some shelving and a workbench for my shed soon, so
now is a good time for thinking about extra features.

BTH