Home repair stand recommendations

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mark A. Clark, Apr 9, 2003.

  1. Looking for a home repair stand. The ULTIMATE Professional looks like a good buy at $179.99 via
    Colorado Cyclist. Any recommendations? Thanks.

    Mark

    Tags:

  2. Rkoreis

    Rkoreis Guest

    Bought one about a year after they came out. I love it. The best part is the easy height adjustment.
    At 6'2", that's important. It's stable enough for how I use it (no heavy wrenching) and folds up
    easily. I've seen it used more often than the Park stand by race mechanics.

    Bob Koreis

    "Mark A. Clark" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Looking for a home repair stand. The ULTIMATE Professional looks like a good buy at $179.99 via
    > Colorado Cyclist. Any recommendations? Thanks.
    >
    > Mark

  3. Bosaci

    Bosaci Guest

    "rkoreis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Bought one about a year after they came out. I love it. The best part is the easy height
    > adjustment. At 6'2", that's important. It's stable
    enough
    > for how I use it (no heavy wrenching) and folds up easily. I've seen it used more often than the
    > Park stand by race mechanics.
    >
    > Bob Koreis

    Get the Park, most professionals use Park.

    6'2" isn't tall, you small, that's all!

  4. Java Man

    Java Man Guest

    > Looking for a home repair stand. The ULTIMATE Professional looks like a good buy at $179.99 via
    > Colorado Cyclist. Any recommendations? Thanks.

    I've had one for a year. It's easy to adjust, stable when the bike is properly positioned on it, and
    easily folds into a compact section for storage between uses. It appears to be very well constructed
    and I expect it will last for many years.

    Rick