Home trainers

• Thread starter Alastair Maxwel
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alastair Maxwel

Hi

I just got a turbo trainer and I'm looking for some hints to take away from the extreme boredom that
I'm experiencing. Was wondering if anyone had any good home trainers schedules/plans to make the
training affective and a bit more interesting than sitting and spinning for an hour. I'm not overly
keen with the idea of home training and would much rather get outside and do some road miles but the
weather hasn't been to kind lately and as a result it hasn't been possible. So if any one can help
me or point me in the direction of a site that would have some info it would be much appreciated.
Bear in mind that I am training for DH racing and as a result any thing based round intervals would
be very suitable for me.

Al

I saw an attachement to a Sony PS2 at the LBS the other day. I believe you can simulate races
with it...

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi
>
> I just got a turbo trainer and I'm looking for some hints to take away
from
> the extreme boredom that I'm experiencing. Was wondering if anyone had any good home trainers
> schedules/plans to make the training affective and a
bit
> more interesting than sitting and spinning for an hour. I'm not overly
keen
> with the idea of home training and would much rather get outside and do
some
> road miles but the weather hasn't been to kind lately and as a result it hasn't been possible. So
> if any one can help me or point me in the
direction
> of a site that would have some info it would be much appreciated. Bear in mind that I am training
> for DH racing and as a result any thing based
round
> intervals would be very suitable for me.
>
> Al

Alastair Maxwell wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just got a turbo trainer and I'm looking for some hints to take away from the extreme boredom
> that I'm experiencing. Was wondering if anyone had any good home trainers schedules/plans to make
> the training affective and a bit more interesting than sitting and spinning for an hour.

Mad Max, Apocalypse Now, The Godfather (I, II, III), Doctor Zhivago, ***** Wonka and the Chocolate
Factory, Gone with the Wind, Twister (love Helen Hunt ;-) Animal House, Caddy Shack, anything
by/with my Mel Brooks........

--
John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
http://www.shavings.net/images/Memphis/reflect_john.jpg

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:30:12 -0500, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I saw an attachement to a Sony PS2 at the LBS the other day. I believe you can simulate races
>with it...

A Cateye Game bike.

I have one and it's a blast! However, be warned that it will not work with every game. Compatible
games have an [ANALOG] notation on the back of the package. Some games are harder to calibrate
than others.

I've had good luck with Wave Rally and Gran Turismo, and will soon be trying Downhill Domination. I
never got Colin McRae's Rally 2 to properly calibrate for throttle response.

The Game Bike also works much better with a slick-equipped MTB than a road bike, due to the
different rider positions.

Barry

I use these for off season training http://www.spinervals.com/

or you can just put on your favorite bike **** video, old Tour de France stages, pick up some of the
cycling history vids like "A Sunday in Hell", rent a season of South Park, sometimes I put the TV on
with the volume turned off and Crank up some Big Black in the background.

Never anything to do in this town Never anything but jump Kerosene Never anything to do in this town
Never anything Jump Kerosene Set me on fire, Kerosene

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi
>
> I just got a turbo trainer and I'm looking for some hints to take away
from
> the extreme boredom that I'm experiencing. Was wondering if anyone had any good home trainers
> schedules/plans to make the training affective and a
bit
> more interesting than sitting and spinning for an hour. I'm not overly
keen
> with the idea of home training and would much rather get outside and do
some
> road miles but the weather hasn't been to kind lately and as a result it hasn't been possible. So
> if any one can help me or point me in the
direction
> of a site that would have some info it would be much appreciated. Bear in mind that I am training
> for DH racing and as a result any thing based
round
>
> Al

>Hi
>
>I just got a turbo trainer and I'm looking for some hints to take away from the extreme boredom
>that I'm experiencing. Was wondering if anyone had any good home trainers schedules/plans to make
>the training affective and a bit more interesting than sitting and spinning for an hour. I'm not
>overly keen with the idea of home training and would much rather get outside and do some road miles
>but the weather hasn't been to kind lately and as a result it hasn't been possible. So if any one
>can help me or point me in the direction of a site that would have some info it would be much
>appreciated. Bear in mind that I am training for DH racing and as a result any thing based round
>intervals would be very suitable for me.
>
>Al

Fenders will help you get outside and avoid riding indoors. But if you really must ride inside,
try videos from WCP - they're currently running specials on the 8-hour VHS versions of the last
few TDF's.

Note: if you're riding rollers DO NOT LEAN INTO THE TURNS WHEN THE RIDERS ON TAPE DO.

Umm, no need to ask how I know....

-Andrew

Put in some tunes,Godsmack,Black Sabbath,White Zombie,Rob Zombie,System of a down. And if you can
handle that then check out.

Fire up MTB 03

"Andrew Thorne" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Fenders will help you get outside and avoid riding indoors. But if you
really
> must ride inside, try videos from WCP - they're currently running specials
on
> the 8-hour VHS versions of the last few TDF's.
>
> Note: if you're riding rollers DO NOT LEAN INTO THE TURNS WHEN THE RIDERS
ON
> TAPE DO.
>
> Umm, no need to ask how I know....

Nope. But thanks for the visual anyway! :)
--
Off to ride the mountains, D H Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.

> So if any one can help me or point me in the direction of a site that would have some info it
> would be much appreciated. Bear in mind that I am training for DH racing and as a result any
> thing based
round

I find that watching some of the videos I've downloaded from the net helps (pete's site, others).

scott

Status
Not open for further replies.