Homebuilt Recumbent Plans

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by gph5, May 8, 2003.

  1. gph5

    gph5 New Member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2003
    Are there any good links to sites that compare homebuilt plans/kits out there? I am having a hard time deciding whose system or design to use.
    If there are homebuilders out there, there must be opinions!
    I am leaning towards LWB, but can be swayed by wise council.
    How many different options are there for homebuilders? What are the top 5 or 6 most successful systems?
    Any info will help.

    Tags:

  2. There are 'Easy Racer' style, LWB, plans out there.

    Have you tried a search on Google?

    Write me if you don't find them.

    Lewis.

    gph5 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Are there any good links to sites that compare homebuilt plans/kits out there? I am having a hard
    > time deciding whose system or design to use. If there are homebuilders out there, there must be
    > opinions! I am leaning towards LWB, but can be swayed by wise council. How many different options
    > are there for homebuilders? What are the top 5 or 6 most successful systems? Any info will help.

  3. Tom Blum

    Tom Blum Guest

    I agree with previous posts:

    Tour Easy Clone plans are available here in PDF format; http://www.flash.net/~staudt/bike.htm

    I built my clone from these plans as my second homebuilt. Wish I'd have dont it first. It's my
    favorite ride. Follow the plans and you'll be riding bent in no time. See mine at my web site,
    url in sig.

    Also, go to HPV page and several have plans for sale. Econobent comes to mind, there are others.

    --
    Miles of Smiles,

    Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone

    www.gate.net/~teblum

  4. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    gph5 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Are there any good links to sites that compare homebuilt plans/kits out there? I am having a hard
    > time deciding whose system or design to use. If there are homebuilders out there, there must be
    > opinions! I am leaning towards LWB, but can be swayed by wise council. How many different options
    > are there for homebuilders? What are the top 5 or 6 most successful systems? Any info will help.

    http://www.ihpva.org/SourceGuide/Vehicles/index.html#Plans
    http://www.ihpva.org/people/tstrike/building/ http://www.sheldonbrown.com/rinard/howibuil.htm

    There's also a homebuilders' forum on bentrideronline.com .

    Jeff

  5. I also agree with both previous posts. My 3rd bent was a TE-Clone from plans I got from a mailorder
    place in Nevada....a long long time ago. Out of 15 bents I have owned, the TE-Clone was in the top 4
    best rides.
    ------------------------
    "Tom Blum" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I agree with previous posts:
    >
    > Tour Easy Clone plans are available here in PDF format; http://www.flash.net/~staudt/bike.htm
    >
    > I built my clone from these plans as my second homebuilt. Wish I'd have
    dont
    > it first. It's my favorite ride. Follow the plans and you'll be riding
    bent
    > in no time. See mine at my web site, url in sig.
    >
    > Also, go to HPV page and several have plans for sale. Econobent comes to mind, there are others.
    >

    > --
    > Miles of Smiles,
    >
    > Tom Blum Winter Haven, Florida Homebuilts: SWB Tour Easy Clone Speed Machine Clone
    >
    > www.gate.net/~teblum

  6. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    Try:

    http://www.bentechbikes.com
    http://www.iesales.com

    Derek

  7. Try this:

    http://www.recycledrecumbent.com

    It's essentially a nice development of the original TE plans. The so-called "advanced" version has
    better geometry than a TE you make from the original plans.

  8. Greg Dunn

    Greg Dunn Guest

    Numerous links at http://www.bicyclecommuter.com/HomeBuilderResources.htm (including a couple I
    added based on posts in this thread).

    --
    Greg Dunn www.BicycleCommuter.com

    "gph5" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Are there any good links to sites that compare homebuilt plans/kits out there? I am having a hard
    > time deciding whose system or design to use. If there are homebuilders out there, there must be
    > opinions! I am leaning towards LWB, but can be swayed by wise council. How many different options
    > are there for homebuilders? What are the top 5 or 6 most successful systems? Any info will help.

  9. Javier

    Javier Guest

    > > Are there any good links to sites that compare homebuilt plans/kits out there?

    Besides the above mentioned links, there is also Barnett William's Optimild (lowracer) plans:

    http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~bkwillia/muffler.htm

    Regards

    Javier Springfield, Northern Virginia

  10. gph5

    gph5 New Member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2003
    This information is superb!. Every thread I follow provides tonnes of new and exiting information.
    It will be days before i have finished reading all of the links from top to bottom, but what fun it will be!
    The Tour Easy clone seems to be the model of choice, though the muffler framed unit sound like it would look GREAT!
    I think I'll start with the TE and then, for project # 2 try the muffler framed unit.
    Can't wait!
    Thanks for all of the help!

    George