Homeless bike rider killed by car

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Shayne, Oct 3, 2003.

  1. Shayne

    Shayne Guest

    Besides riding my road bike and driving my race car, my other love is billards. I found this over on
    RSB and thought some of you might find it interesting. What I found interesting was the coments that
    this fellow move around like and 18 yr. old instead of a 78 yr. old, I wonder if this was from
    riding his bike so much.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&threadm=blj1dl%24fj%241%40bob.news.-
    rcn.net&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26num%3D30%26q%3Dgroup:rec.sport.billiard

    Shayne Dillinger

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Shayne) wrote:

    > Besides riding my road bike and driving my race car, my other love is billards. I found this over
    > on RSB and thought some of you might find it interesting. What I found interesting was the coments
    > that this fellow move around like and 18 yr. old instead of a 78 yr. old, I wonder if this was
    > from riding his bike so much.
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&threadm=blj1dl
    > %24fj%241%40bob.news.rcn.net&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26num
    > %3D30%26q%3Dgroup:rec.sport.billiard
    >
    > Shayne Dillinger

    Well, he kept moving, and kept thinking. I have a grandfather like that: doesn't ride a bike much,
    but was a postie for most of his working life and now has a more active social life than me: he
    dances four nights a week. The social activity and physical activity keep him healthy.

    It's sad; but this is the second story I've read in 10 minutes talking about a cyclist getting
    killed late at night, and I assume tis guy didn't have a tail light either.

    People: it's too dark to ride without a light now! If you have only one light, make it a tail light!

  3. R15757

    R15757 Guest

    --
    Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni
    Fan Club >>

    and if you don't have one, don't ride like you do. In fact, even if you do have one, it might be a
    good idea to ride like you don't.

    Robert

  4. Garmonboezia

    Garmonboezia Guest

    [email protected] (R15757) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > << People: it's too dark to ride without a light now! If you have only one light, make it a
    > tail light!
    > --
    > Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni
    > Fan Club >>
    >

    > and if you don't have one, don't ride like you do. In fact, even if you do have one, it might be a
    > good idea to ride like you don't.

    ....as if you were invisible. Even motorcyclists talk about not being seen by cars. I'm not saying
    hug-the-curb or any such nonsense. Just don't assume your fellow road users are competent, (even
    though by and large many are.) It only takes that random one to ruin your day.