Homemade Handlebar Mount for 3W Cree LED Flashlight from Lowe's

SMS

Guest
I designed and fabricated an inexpensive handlebar mount for the 3W Cree
LED Flashlight from Lowe's. It uses hardware available at most any
hardware store, and takes just a few minutes to make. It's based on
steel conduit clamps. I think it will work best for the flashlight being
beneath the bars.

I have the details and photos up on the bicycle lighting web site, in
the section on flashlights.

Type "bicycle flashlight" into the Google Search Bar on the main Google
page, then click on "I'm Feeling Lucky" and it'll take you directly there.

Hope this helps someone,

Steve
"http://bicyclelighting.com"
Or type "bicycle lighting" into Google, then click "I'm Feeling Lucky"

SMS wrote:
> I designed and fabricated an inexpensive handlebar mount for the 3W Cree
> LED Flashlight from Lowe's. It uses hardware available at most any
> hardware store, and takes just a few minutes to make. It's based on
> steel conduit clamps. I think it will work best for the flashlight being
> beneath the bars.
>
> I have the details and photos up on the bicycle lighting web site, in
> the section on flashlights.
>
> Type "bicycle flashlight" into the Google Search Bar on the main Google
> page, then click on "I'm Feeling Lucky" and it'll take you directly there.
>
> Hope this helps someone,
>
> Steve
> "http://bicyclelighting.com"
> Or type "bicycle lighting" into Google, then click "I'm Feeling Lucky"

I used plastic clamps that are used for holding hydraulic hoses in
place. The one inch ones are perfect for handlebars.

http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Lights3/Luxeon3.htm

Dorf

Dorfus Dippintush wrote:

> I used plastic clamps that are used for holding hydraulic hoses in
> place. The one inch ones are perfect for handlebars.
>
> http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Lights3/Luxeon3.htm
>
> Dorf

I see those clamps on page 1448 of "http://www.mcmaster.com/".

I guess you could use one on the handlebars and one on the flashlight,
and fasten them together somehow.

that looks like a great setup. i noticed that you have the flashlight
mounted under the bars, which was another option i was considering.
how is that working out--is it stable? do you get any of the throwing-
the-road-surface-into-relief effect?

autopi wrote:
> that looks like a great setup. i noticed that you have the flashlight
> mounted under the bars, which was another option i was considering.
> how is that working out--is it stable? do you get any of the throwing-
> the-road-surface-into-relief effect?

I just built this bracket today, and have not done any night riding with
it yet, so I can't say. I wanted it underneath because it's less clutter
on the bars.

- absorb quoted text -

try a high-low, bar-fork 2 light rig for pothole definition? wire
cable clamps on the fork holding a ply light case base. and sheldon
brown may have a fork mount.

"Dorfus Dippintush" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> SMS wrote:
>> I designed and fabricated an inexpensive handlebar mount for the 3W Cree
>> LED Flashlight from Lowe's. It uses hardware available at most any
>> hardware store, and takes just a few minutes to make. It's based on steel
>> conduit clamps. I think it will work best for the flashlight being
>> beneath the bars.
>>
>> I have the details and photos up on the bicycle lighting web site, in the
>> section on flashlights.
>>
>> Type "bicycle flashlight" into the Google Search Bar on the main Google
>> page, then click on "I'm Feeling Lucky" and it'll take you directly
>> there.
>>
>> Hope this helps someone,
>>
>> Steve
>> "http://bicyclelighting.com"
>> Or type "bicycle lighting" into Google, then click "I'm Feeling Lucky"

> I used plastic clamps that are used for holding hydraulic hoses in place.
> The one inch ones are perfect for handlebars.
>
> http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Lights3/Luxeon3.htm
>
> Dorf

Nice, but wouldn't rain water short this out?

Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ® wrote:
> "Dorfus Dippintush" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> SMS wrote:
>>> I designed and fabricated an inexpensive handlebar mount for the 3W Cree
>>> LED Flashlight from Lowe's. It uses hardware available at most any
>>> hardware store, and takes just a few minutes to make. It's based on steel
>>> conduit clamps. I think it will work best for the flashlight being
>>> beneath the bars.
>>>
>>> I have the details and photos up on the bicycle lighting web site, in the
>>> section on flashlights.
>>>
>>> Type "bicycle flashlight" into the Google Search Bar on the main Google
>>> page, then click on "I'm Feeling Lucky" and it'll take you directly
>>> there.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps someone,
>>>
>>> Steve
>>> "http://bicyclelighting.com"
>>> Or type "bicycle lighting" into Google, then click "I'm Feeling Lucky"

>> I used plastic clamps that are used for holding hydraulic hoses in place.
>> The one inch ones are perfect for handlebars.
>>
>> http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Lights3/Luxeon3.htm
>>
>> Dorf

> Nice, but wouldn't rain water short this out?

No
Pure water doesn't conduct electricity.

Dorf

On Oct 18, 6:50 am, Dorfus Dippintush
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ® wrote:
>

> > "Dorfus Dippintush" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...

> >> I used plastic clamps that are used for holding hydraulic hoses in place.
> >> The one inch ones are perfect for handlebars.

> >>http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Lights3/Luxeon3.htm

> >> Dorf

> > Nice, but wouldn't rain water short this out?

> No
> Pure water doesn't conduct electricity.
>
> Dorf- Hide quoted text -

Your rainwater is pure?

Lucky *******.

Dorf:

Bellsouth:
>>> Nice, but wouldn't rain water short this out?

Dorf:
>> No
>> Pure water doesn't conduct electricity.
>>
>> Dorf- Hide quoted text -

Hank W:
> Your rainwater is pure?
>
> Lucky *******.

It's a miracle! RO water falling from the sky! OH THANK YOU, JEEBUS!

\\paul

The perfect holder for the Cree light on helmet
0.jpg