Homemade Handlebar Mount for 3W Cree LED Flashlight from Lowe's

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by SMS, Oct 17, 2007.

  1. SMS

    SMS Guest

    I designed and fabricated an inexpensive handlebar mount for the 3W Cree
    LED Flashlight from Lowe's. It uses hardware available at most any
    hardware store, and takes just a few minutes to make. It's based on
    steel conduit clamps. I think it will work best for the flashlight being
    beneath the bars.

    I have the details and photos up on the bicycle lighting web site, in
    the section on flashlights.

    Type "bicycle flashlight" into the Google Search Bar on the main Google
    page, then click on "I'm Feeling Lucky" and it'll take you directly there.

    Hope this helps someone,

    Steve
    "http://bicyclelighting.com"
    Or type "bicycle lighting" into Google, then click "I'm Feeling Lucky"

    Tags:

  2. SMS wrote:
    > I designed and fabricated an inexpensive handlebar mount for the 3W Cree
    > LED Flashlight from Lowe's. It uses hardware available at most any
    > hardware store, and takes just a few minutes to make. It's based on
    > steel conduit clamps. I think it will work best for the flashlight being
    > beneath the bars.
    >
    > I have the details and photos up on the bicycle lighting web site, in
    > the section on flashlights.
    >
    > Type "bicycle flashlight" into the Google Search Bar on the main Google
    > page, then click on "I'm Feeling Lucky" and it'll take you directly there.
    >
    > Hope this helps someone,
    >
    > Steve
    > "http://bicyclelighting.com"
    > Or type "bicycle lighting" into Google, then click "I'm Feeling Lucky"

    I used plastic clamps that are used for holding hydraulic hoses in
    place. The one inch ones are perfect for handlebars.

    http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Lights3/Luxeon3.htm

    Dorf

  3. SMS

    SMS Guest

    Dorfus Dippintush wrote:

    > I used plastic clamps that are used for holding hydraulic hoses in
    > place. The one inch ones are perfect for handlebars.
    >
    > http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Lights3/Luxeon3.htm
    >
    > Dorf

    I see those clamps on page 1448 of "http://www.mcmaster.com/".

    I guess you could use one on the handlebars and one on the flashlight,
    and fasten them together somehow.

  4. autopi

    autopi Guest

    that looks like a great setup. i noticed that you have the flashlight
    mounted under the bars, which was another option i was considering.
    how is that working out--is it stable? do you get any of the throwing-
    the-road-surface-into-relief effect?

  5. SMS

    SMS Guest

    autopi wrote:
    > that looks like a great setup. i noticed that you have the flashlight
    > mounted under the bars, which was another option i was considering.
    > how is that working out--is it stable? do you get any of the throwing-
    > the-road-surface-into-relief effect?

    I just built this bracket today, and have not done any night riding with
    it yet, so I can't say. I wanted it underneath because it's less clutter
    on the bars.

  6. datakoll

    datakoll Guest

    - absorb quoted text -

    try a high-low, bar-fork 2 light rig for pothole definition? wire
    cable clamps on the fork holding a ply light case base. and sheldon
    brown may have a fork mount.

  7. "Dorfus Dippintush" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > SMS wrote:
    >> I designed and fabricated an inexpensive handlebar mount for the 3W Cree
    >> LED Flashlight from Lowe's. It uses hardware available at most any
    >> hardware store, and takes just a few minutes to make. It's based on steel
    >> conduit clamps. I think it will work best for the flashlight being
    >> beneath the bars.
    >>
    >> I have the details and photos up on the bicycle lighting web site, in the
    >> section on flashlights.
    >>
    >> Type "bicycle flashlight" into the Google Search Bar on the main Google
    >> page, then click on "I'm Feeling Lucky" and it'll take you directly
    >> there.
    >>
    >> Hope this helps someone,
    >>
    >> Steve
    >> "http://bicyclelighting.com"
    >> Or type "bicycle lighting" into Google, then click "I'm Feeling Lucky"

    > I used plastic clamps that are used for holding hydraulic hoses in place.
    > The one inch ones are perfect for handlebars.
    >
    > http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Lights3/Luxeon3.htm
    >
    > Dorf

    Nice, but wouldn't rain water short this out?

  8. Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ® wrote:
    > "Dorfus Dippintush" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> SMS wrote:
    >>> I designed and fabricated an inexpensive handlebar mount for the 3W Cree
    >>> LED Flashlight from Lowe's. It uses hardware available at most any
    >>> hardware store, and takes just a few minutes to make. It's based on steel
    >>> conduit clamps. I think it will work best for the flashlight being
    >>> beneath the bars.
    >>>
    >>> I have the details and photos up on the bicycle lighting web site, in the
    >>> section on flashlights.
    >>>
    >>> Type "bicycle flashlight" into the Google Search Bar on the main Google
    >>> page, then click on "I'm Feeling Lucky" and it'll take you directly
    >>> there.
    >>>
    >>> Hope this helps someone,
    >>>
    >>> Steve
    >>> "http://bicyclelighting.com"
    >>> Or type "bicycle lighting" into Google, then click "I'm Feeling Lucky"

    >> I used plastic clamps that are used for holding hydraulic hoses in place.
    >> The one inch ones are perfect for handlebars.
    >>
    >> http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Lights3/Luxeon3.htm
    >>
    >> Dorf

    > Nice, but wouldn't rain water short this out?

    No
    Pure water doesn't conduct electricity.

    Dorf

  9. Hank Wirtz

    Hank Wirtz Guest

    On Oct 18, 6:50 am, Dorfus Dippintush
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ® wrote:
    >

    > > "Dorfus Dippintush" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]

    > >> I used plastic clamps that are used for holding hydraulic hoses in place.
    > >> The one inch ones are perfect for handlebars.

    > >>http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Lights3/Luxeon3.htm

    > >> Dorf

    > > Nice, but wouldn't rain water short this out?

    > No
    > Pure water doesn't conduct electricity.
    >
    > Dorf- Hide quoted text -

    Your rainwater is pure?

    Lucky bastard.

  10. Dorf:

    Bellsouth:
    >>> Nice, but wouldn't rain water short this out?

    Dorf:
    >> No
    >> Pure water doesn't conduct electricity.
    >>
    >> Dorf- Hide quoted text -

    Hank W:
    > Your rainwater is pure?
    >
    > Lucky bastard.

    It's a miracle! RO water falling from the sky! OH THANK YOU, JEEBUS!

    \\paul

  11. Cuberacer

    Cuberacer New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2012
    The perfect holder for the Cree light on helmet
    [​IMG]