Homemade Pea soup

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Tania, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Tania

    Tania Guest

    Can anyone please tell me how many points for homemade pea soup.? Thank you. Tania

    Tags:

  2. Impossible to say without knowing the ingredients or serving size. 1 cup of Campbell's (U.S.) Chunky
    Split Pea n Ham Soup is 3 pts, according to the WW database.

    Prairie Roots

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:29:12 GMT, "Tania" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Can anyone please tell me how many points for homemade pea soup.? Thank you. Tania

  3. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Tania wrote:

    > Can anyone please tell me how many points for homemade pea soup.? Thank you. Tania

    I calculated about 4 for a generous serving (more than half a pint/10 fl oz)

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  4. Stan

    Stan Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:29:12 GMT, "Tania" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Can anyone please tell me how many points for homemade pea soup.? Thank you. Tania

    A meatless version of it posted in this group by Colleen worked out to
    2.5 points in a 1-cup serving, by my calculation.

    Stan

  5. Spoons

    Spoons Guest

    Hi Tania,

    I foound this recipes and it's 1 pt.

    Split Pea Soup

    1 POINT per serving Ingredients: 2 cups split peas, washed 1 bay leaf 2 quarts water
    1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley 1 cup sliced celery
    2/2 teaspoon crushed oregano
    3/2 cup diced onion
    4/2 teaspoon crushed basil 1 cup chopped carrots 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning 1 cup
    diced potato
    5/2 teaspoon salt 1 clove garlic, minced pinch cayenne

    Instructions: Combine all ingredients in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduced heat, cover and
    simmer 1 hour or until split peas are cooked through. Remove bay leaf before serving. Yield: 10
    servings 1 POINT per serving Nutrition information: PER SERVING: CALORIES: 158 (3.2% from fat) FAT:
    0.6g (SAT 0.8g) CHOL: 0mg FIBER: 11.1g SODIUM: 165mg

    "Tania" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone please tell me how many points for homemade pea soup.? Thank
    you.
    > Tania

  6. Stan

    Stan Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:58:51 GMT, "SPOONS"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi Tania,
    >
    >I foound this recipes and it's 1 pt.

    [snip]

    >1 POINT per serving Nutrition information: PER SERVING: CALORIES: 158 (3.2% from fat) FAT: 0.6g
    >(SAT 0.8g) CHOL: 0mg FIBER: 11.1g SODIUM: 165mg

    Yes, that's the same recipe. The only way this works out to 1 point per serving is if you subtract
    110 calories for fiber, but the limit on the fiber credit is 40 calories.

    I calculate about 2.5 points on the first serving, and 3 points each for additional servings.

    Stan

  7. thanks this sounds really nice, Lee
    news:[email protected]...