Homemade Pea soup

Tania

Guest
Can anyone please tell me how many points for homemade pea soup.? Thank you. Tania

Impossible to say without knowing the ingredients or serving size. 1 cup of Campbell's (U.S.) Chunky
Split Pea n Ham Soup is 3 pts, according to the WW database.

Prairie Roots

Tania wrote:

> Can anyone please tell me how many points for homemade pea soup.? Thank you. Tania

I calculated about 4 for a generous serving (more than half a pint/10 fl oz)

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:29:12 GMT, "Tania" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Can anyone please tell me how many points for homemade pea soup.? Thank you. Tania

A meatless version of it posted in this group by Colleen worked out to
2.5 points in a 1-cup serving, by my calculation.

Stan

Hi Tania,

I foound this recipes and it's 1 pt.

Split Pea Soup

1 POINT per serving Ingredients: 2 cups split peas, washed 1 bay leaf 2 quarts water
1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley 1 cup sliced celery
2/2 teaspoon crushed oregano
3/2 cup diced onion
4/2 teaspoon crushed basil 1 cup chopped carrots 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning 1 cup
diced potato
5/2 teaspoon salt 1 clove garlic, minced pinch cayenne

Instructions: Combine all ingredients in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduced heat, cover and
simmer 1 hour or until split peas are cooked through. Remove bay leaf before serving. Yield: 10
servings 1 POINT per serving Nutrition information: PER SERVING: CALORIES: 158 (3.2% from fat) FAT:
0.6g (SAT 0.8g) CHOL: 0mg FIBER: 11.1g SODIUM: 165mg

"Tania" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:Yd_Rb.30155$A7.18111@edtnps84...
> Can anyone please tell me how many points for homemade pea soup.? Thank
you.
> Tania

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:58:51 GMT, "SPOONS"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi Tania,
>
>I foound this recipes and it's 1 pt.

[snip]

>1 POINT per serving Nutrition information: PER SERVING: CALORIES: 158 (3.2% from fat) FAT: 0.6g
>(SAT 0.8g) CHOL: 0mg FIBER: 11.1g SODIUM: 165mg

Yes, that's the same recipe. The only way this works out to 1 point per serving is if you subtract
110 calories for fiber, but the limit on the fiber credit is 40 calories.

I calculate about 2.5 points on the first serving, and 3 points each for additional servings.

Stan

thanks this sounds really nice, Lee
news:[email protected]...