Homemade protein bars

> http://dropmac.web.aplus.net/news/news/view.php?id=116&a=full

I get the convenience of "bars" when I'm rushed, or need to stuff something into pockets, but I tend
to buy them more when I'm traveling than when I'm biking.

I'm not an expert on the best foods before, in the middle, and after a ride - but until I find fault
with them my tendancy would be to eat "regular" food. Trader Joes markes here have some nice raw
sunflower seeds, (unsalted) blistered peanuts, and of course raisins. Fig Newtons (not the low fat
kind) always seemed to go down easy as a long-ride energy source.

(Went to the local Carneceria and picked up some thin-sliced and marinated skirt steak for diner
tonight, grilled it over oak, ... tasty protein burritos.)