Homemade tricks anyone?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by silverfridge, Jan 23, 2006.

  1. silverfridge

    silverfridge Guest

    Tags:

  2. jsm

    jsm Guest

    http://unicyclist.org/cont/play.cfm?pi=m320240lacef1ft
    As far as I know, I invented the above wheel walking variation.
    I call this skill "one-footed forward lace walk." It's frequently done
    backward, but I haven't heard of anyone else doing it forward. Before
    learning this skill you should be comfortable with forward spoke walk
    and one-footed backward lace walk, and a little work with coasting
    wouldn't hurt.
    You should learn this skill with a wall or ceiling, or whatever other
    method you use for learning wheel walking variations. Lean forward and
    position your foot as low on the wheel as possible, with as much of the
    top of your foot touching the wheel as possible, so that you can get
    enough grip to move the wheel. You have to pull very hard at first and
    take very big steps, removing your foot from the wheel and
    repositioning it between each step. While repositioning your foot you
    have to coast briefly. If you have a square frame you should be careful
    to avoid scraping your shin on its corner. When you get better at it,
    it will be a lot smoother.
    You can transition to this skill directly from riding or idling, but I
    think the easiest method is to take one wheel walk step forward with
    your non-driving foot and hold the wheel in place while you position
    your driving foot. To get out of it, switch to regular wheel walking,
    or transfer to the pedals.

    --
    jsm

    Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia

    "wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*" -chosen
    jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

  3. I don't know if I invented this trick but i haven't seen it been done
    before.

    I call it a "crankwalk", You start hop idleing on the cranks then you
    take your foot off the crank that is facing backwards and push down on
    the crank thats facing forwards with your toe. This will make you roll
    forwards half a revolution and your foot will kind of roll on the round
    part of the crank near the axle. When the wheel has gone half a
    revulotion forward take you foot that is on off and place your other
    foot on the crank that is now facing facing forwards and push down with
    your toe. Continue the pattern and you should get faster and not have
    to push down to go forward. To get out of it just put both your feet on
    the pedals quickly.

    Sorry about my bad discription :p Can anyone tell me if this has been
    done?

    --
    president_luke
    president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036

  4. trials2k

    trials2k Guest

    president_luke wrote:
    > I don't know if I invented this trick but i haven't seen it been done
    > before.
    >
    > I call it a "crankwalk", You start hop idleing on the cranks then you
    > take your foot off the crank that is facing backwards and push down on
    > the crank thats facing forwards with your toe. This will make you roll
    > forwards half a revolution and your foot will kind of roll on the round
    > part of the crank near the axle. When the wheel has gone half a
    > revulotion forward take you foot that is on off and place your other
    > foot on the crank that is now facing facing forwards and push down with
    > your toe. Continue the pattern and you should get faster and not have
    > to push down to go forward. To get out of it just put both your feet on
    > the pedals quickly.
    >
    > Sorry about my bad discription :p Can anyone tell me if this has been
    > done?

    oi, that trick is in Tony Melton's vid, he does that trick in it!!
    i think its a freestyle trick, that isnt very well known

    --
    trials2k

    Live and Die on a uni;) **
    trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

  5. dan de man

    dan de man Guest

    i do a kinda mount where i place my foot on a crank then raise my body
    and put the seat under it i call it the luni mount

    luni uni man

    --
    dan de man
    dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

  6. Evan Byrne

    Evan Byrne Guest

    as far as ii know i was the first to Bc plate tap. You hop up and tap
    the bottom of your plate with your hand.

    --
    Evan Byrne

    "Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper

    "My nuts are allways loose, i have to twist them with my fingers"
    -Spencer
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

  7. unicycleboy

    unicycleboy Guest

  8. Radical Reed

    Radical Reed Guest

    I invented riding backwards but then i forgot to tell other people about
    it and somone else claimed they invented it;)

    --
    Radical Reed

    If at first you don't suceed, distroy all evidence that you tried

    the main reason santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad
    girls live.
    Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427