Homemade V-brakes

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Phil, Squid-in-Training, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. Vee

    Vee Guest

  2. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

  3. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

  4. Mark Hickey wrote:
    > "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s40200910jt.jpg
    >>
    >> http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s40200929lz.jpg
    >>
    >> Wow.

    > Other than the apparent inability to adjust the preload on the arms
    > independently, it seems like they'd pretty much work like any other
    > linear brake. Now on the aesthetic side....

    I was thinking the same thing. Not only that, but the brakes can be
    switched from enter-left to enter-right with little to no modification to
    suit my moto-standard brakes!

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  5. Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
    > Mark Hickey wrote:
    >> "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s40200910jt.jpg
    >>>
    >>> http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s40200929lz.jpg
    >>>
    >>> Wow.

    >> Other than the apparent inability to adjust the preload on the arms
    >> independently, it seems like they'd pretty much work like any other
    >> linear brake. Now on the aesthetic side....

    > I was thinking the same thing. Not only that, but the brakes can be
    > switched from enter-left to enter-right with little to no modification to
    > suit my moto-standard brakes!

    Apparently there are a number of
    johnny-come-lately "mountain bikers" that have
    never seen the original "V brakes" that were made
    by Marinovative and subsequently absorbed by Shimano.

  6. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/rhuwu

    --