Honda Bicycle

this is the new honda's lethal weapon for downhill races ;-) there's a pair of japanese pilots
racing in the world cup, i suppose they will drive this wonderful toys next season the big box
contains a 7 speed gearbox sometimes recumbent and downhill bikes shares some components, for
example rolhoff hub: this is because a major issue for a dh rider is how not to loose the chain when
dumping and jumping at 40+ mph ;-) i think slick tires are only for the show however, even it's not
a bent, it's really a beauty... you can see it better here:
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=list&keyselect=1&keyword=honda +rn+01&Submit=Search matteo
italia downhill and mtb race organizer

[email protected] (john riley) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> At the Tokyo Motor Show. I have no idea what it is. Looks like a MTB, but it has road tires. I
> assume the big box is some sort of transmission.
>
> http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0400.jpg
>
> http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0064.jpg
>
> http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0065.jpg

I couldn't get the links to work- is this it? http://world.honda.com/news/2003/2030203.html

Jeff

"Jeff Wills" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (john riley) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > At the Tokyo Motor Show. I have no idea what it is. Looks like a MTB, but it has road tires. I
> > assume the big box is some sort of transmission.
> >
> > http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0400.jpg
> >
> > http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0064.jpg
> >
> > http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0065.jpg
>
> I couldn't get the links to work- is this it? http://world.honda.com/news/2003/2030203.html
>
> Jeff

The links worked fine for me and yes thats the same bike

"tzenobite" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:071120032317232459%[email protected]...
> this is the new honda's lethal weapon for downhill races ;-) there's a pair of japanese pilots
> racing in the world cup, i suppose they will drive this wonderful toys next season the big box
> contains a 7 speed gearbox sometimes recumbent and downhill bikes shares some components, for
> example rolhoff hub: this is because a major issue for a dh rider is how not to loose the chain
> when dumping and jumping at 40+ mph ;-) i think slick tires are only for the show however, even
> it's not a bent, it's really a beauty... you can see it better here:
> http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=list&keyselect=1&keyword=honda +rn+01&Submit=Search
> matteo italia downhill and mtb race organizer

I know little about downhill racing other than it's a race to see who gets to the bottom of the hill
the quickest. I'm wondering why a downhill race bike would have a seven speed transmission? I
thought it was just bombs away for those guys. You never see them pedaling up the hill.

skip