Honda supplied roof racks; Anyone?

fix

Mar 1, 2004
Does anyone have experience with the roof-mounted, bicycle racks that Honda offers with the Accord? I'm thinking of buying a Honda and wonder if purchasing the racks is worth it, or should I buy my bike rack elsewhere?

fix said:
Does anyone have experience with the roof-mounted, bicycle racks that Honda offers with the Accord? I'm thinking of buying a Honda and wonder if purchasing the racks is worth it, or should I buy my bike rack elsewhere?

I havent, but I have had Civics and a roof-mounted Yakima setup. Love it. Its worked across a few models now. Honda's is probably comparable. Guess the best I can say, unless someone posts who does have the Honda roof rack, is compare Honda's pricing to a similar thing in Yakima or Thule. Remember that odds are you'll have to order direct from Honda whatever you need, while Yakima and Thule most LBS have and/or can get easily. Availability of extra stuff isnt a big deal, since its not so often you add parts to your roof rack. Just make sure they have the options you need/want.