!!Hondo Tests Positive!!

Irish Indurain

Jul 23, 2004
Just saw it on eurosport.com. Doesn't look like an april fools either...

Here's what it said on the site:
Danilo Hondo has tested positive for banned stimulants following two urine tests at the Tour of Murcia in March. Gerolsteiner team boss Hans-Michael Holczer confirmed the news and said Hondo will be suspended pending a B-sample, but he refused to divulge the substance found.

"Danilo swears he cannot explain the positive sample," said Holczer. "We're just trying to find out what happened."

Hondo declared himself shocked: "Please understand that I don't want to say much about it."

El Loto said:
This is just what we need.
Can't wait to hear from House and Flyer :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha! Only the roles will change. Since Hondo actually tested positive, House will be the one claiming all riders must be dopers, and since Hondo, while having some good results, is no dominant athlete in the sport, Flyer will claim there is no way he is doping. ...Just kidding guys :D

Ahh, nothing gets the season really started like the first positive of the year.

Once again, how embarrassing for us all.

First european positive...I won`t count all latinos (remember Vuelta Guatemala hehe)! But it`s not first doping scandal! Aqua Sappone was caught one week ago with some hormones, but still nothing new except one suspended rider..:confused:

El Loto said:
This is just what we need.
Can't wait to hear from House and Flyer :rolleyes:
More jealous lies?

Hey, it was only a stimulant (caffeine suppository or Pot Belge?)

Meanwhile four amateurs were arrested today in Italy. 24 search warrants, 1,000 doping products worth 200,000 Euros.

Naw, doping is not a problem.

Didn't 37 year old Laurent Brochard just win the Paris Camembert race on Wednesday?

No positive drug test for him?

And he was an admitted doper with the 1998 Festina Squad. Apparently dopers from 1998 can still win in 2005.

And Tyler Hamilton's USADA case is still out on appeal. No word yet re: puzzling blood chemistry.

Tous Dope!

Flyer said:
More jealous lies?

Tous Dope!

No one who has any common sense thinks that doping is not a problem in professional cycling (or any human performance sport really). I think the statement is more referring to your incessant ranting about LAs guilt without any basis. We all know doping is a problem. But the way you approach it is analogous to some hick NASCAR fan saying Little E (or substitute your favorite driver here) is a cheater and pays off the tech inspectors to allow him to remove his restrictor plate(or whatever I'm not a NASCAR fan) because he wins, while others are the only ones caught cheating. Make sense?

Cheating in NASCAR is rampant and well known to all inside the bubble.

I have another good friend and former moto racer buddy--who is comped each year for the Daytona 500 and gets the full deluxe package (pit pass ( executive suite, private catered corporate parties, etc...) He has a strong mechanical background in mant motor types---and 2 bronze medals in the ISDE as well.

1/1000 of an inch increase of air/fuel intake over the rules allowed = 17 horse power or 3% increase over the rules.

So too, with lowering the body by 5 millimeters.

Cheating is rampant in all these commercial sports.

Why not just admit it?

The silly 'innocent until proven guilty' is preposterous in regards to doping.

As former USPO team doctor (Prentice Stephen) said: "Never tested positive is a virtually meaningless statement'

Why pretend that it is?

You crack me up---NASCAR fans are more aware of cheating than are cycling fans---apparently.

wilmar13 said:
No one who has any common sense thinks that doping is not a problem in professional cycling (or any human performance sport really).

Not so.

I think the statement is more referring to your incessant ranting about LAs guilt without any basis.

No basis?: 4 Junior teammates suing USA Cycling--Lance was the 5th rider. 2 others with dread illness.

Rene Wenzel & Chris Carmichael were the coaches

Greg Lemond says Lance admitted to EPO use.

Emily O'Reily claims to have disposed of syringes and traveled to Spain for oral medication and other drugs.

Stephen Swartz says Lance was an EPO advocate in 1995.

Lance himself hired Michele Ferrari in 1995.

Lance has worked with Ferrari for 10 years.

Ferrari is a blood booster. That is his forte.

Lance decries whistleblowers while embracing dopers
Millar & Vurinque while anger at Simeoni & Bassons.

Lance admitted to possession of insulin & Actovegin in December 2000 on his own website.

SCA Event Insurance suspect fraud and won't fund the 2004 TDF bonus. They may be right.

Mike Anderson says Lance is a 'cheat' and further describes Lance as someone you can never cross.

Maybe Lance is bi-polar too?

Make sense?
Yup, there is a hell of a lot of basis for doping.

Of course there is cheating in NASCAR, thus the analogy...

Main Entry: anal·o·gy
Pronunciation: &-'na-l&-jE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -gies
1 : inference that if two or more things agree with one another in some respects they will prob. agree in others
2 a : resemblance in some particulars between things otherwise unlike : SIMILARITY b : comparison based on such resemblance

I have to agree with Houser regarding the coherence of your responses. My point was you keep trying to grind an axe with speculation, conjecture, and hearsay regarding LA in particular. I am begining to think you are probably just trolling.
Ahhh who am I kidding...LA is a doper, there I admit it, his henchmen paid me not to tell anyone but I can't live with this burden any longer (besides I wanted more money and they wouldn't pay me). There now can we let it go and you can stop trolling these forums? Hondo is clean, but LA is a DOPER!!!!!

Flyer..... I would like to see the article where Greg Lemond stated that Lance admitted to EPO use.......

wolfix said:
Flyer..... I would like to see the article where Greg Lemond stated that Lance admitted to EPO use.......

Come on wolfix, what is your problem... I mean the last winner of the TdF before LA died of a heart attack brought on by cocaine abuse, then there is LA's personal assistant who saw steriods in his medicine cabinent, and a myriad of other air-tight examples that prove LA is a doper...why do you need Greg Lemonds $.02? Can't you see the obvious conclusion? How much proof do you need to convict someone? Geesh, some people just don't get it. ;)

wilmar13 said:
Come on wolfix, what is your problem... I mean the last winner of the TdF before LA died of a heart attack brought on by cocaine abuse, then there is LA's personal assistant who saw steriods in his medicine cabinent, and a myriad of other air-tight examples that prove LA is a doper...why do you need Greg Lemonds $.02? Can't you see the obvious conclusion? How much proof do you need to convict someone? Geesh, some people just don't get it. ;)
This is the situation ....... Cocaine use is not a performance enhancing drug..........In the bedroom yes, but not on the bike...
The assistant ???? That is the weakest of all ...... The man tried to hold Lance up 1st.......
Why am I asking about Greg Lemond ????? At the end of this month I will be in the company of a man who has ridden in the TDF >>> He is a very good friend Of Greg's and has been since Greg was a junior.... If Flyer cannot come up with the post where he read that Greg stated that Lance used EPO , maybe Greg will be interested into looking into the reasoning of Flyer's accusations .... This may be a public forum , and maybe anything can be said , but we must be careful to be able to back up what we write about serious accusations ....... I do not believe in connecting the dots when it comes to a man's reputation ......
Cycling has a problem with dope......But we must protect the cyclists until the doping agency proves otherwise......
Plus , we do not convict anyone .

wolfix said:
This is the situation ....... Cocaine use is not a performance enhancing drug..........In the bedroom yes, but not on the bike...
The assistant ???? That is the weakest of all ...... The man tried to hold Lance up 1st.......
Why am I asking about Greg Lemond ????? At the end of this month I will be in the company of a man who has ridden in the TDF >>> He is a very good friend Of Greg's and has been since Greg was a junior.... If Flyer cannot come up with the post where he read that Greg stated that Lance used EPO , maybe Greg will be interested into looking into the reasoning of Flyer's accusations .... This may be a public forum , and maybe anything can be said , but we must be careful to be able to back up what we write about serious accusations ....... I do not believe in connecting the dots when it comes to a man's reputation ......
Cycling has a problem with dope......But we must protect the cyclists until the doping agency proves otherwise......
Plus , we do not convict anyone .

(Whispered only to Wolfix... it was a joke.)

No need to restate the obvious regarding the total lack of merit of most of this "evidence" against Lance. Flyer is trolling, let it go man, let it go.

wilmar13 said:
(Whispered only to Wolfix... it was a joke.)

No need to restate the obvious regarding the total lack of merit of most of this "evidence" against Lance. Flyer is trolling, let it go man, let it go.
Lemond links:

http://www.bicycling.com/tourdefrance/experts/columns/0,3489,s1-9410,00.html

http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4431

http://www.siglamag.com/features/0407/AngelsWithDirtyFaces.php

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2451 (has links to Lemond's comments)

It's all there in the public domain, Wolfix - these links came from a quick google...

hope they help and give you the information you need.

wolfix said:
Cocaine is one of the most used drugs in sport ever. It`s not exactly PED, but stimulant.

micron said:
Lemond links:

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=2451 (has links to Lemond's comments)

It's all there in the public domain, Wolfix - these links came from a quick google...

Flyer , in these articles, I did not read where Greg came out and stated that Lance is an EPO user...... He hinted at many things , but never stated Lance is a EPO user. But his claims that Hinaults wins carried more credability is a statement he should have not made. [ Especially since the 5th was a gift ] ..... And questioning Lance's comeback ........ It seems to me that Greg had a comeback of sorts too ......
But again...... Everyone of these people that have directly spoken out against Lance have a financial gain in mind ......

I have a problem with people hinting at things ...... I am in a high profile controversal business in my community ... My family and I are the targets of the "hinters." The weekly rumors that I hear about myself are so far out there ........ That is why I am a Lance fan .... He has balls ....... He goes after the "hinters" and the ones that seek financial gain off his name. When they attack Lance , they attack his family......
When he rode up to the Italian rider last year in the Tour and said what must be said , that was the moment that I knew Lance was a champion...... Yet he had critics out there saying that was not right ?????

I do not base my purchase of cycling equipment on the endorsement of an athlete.... However , if Lance ever comes out with a line of cycling clothing with his name on it , I will be the 1st one trying to buy it.....

Well its official now, 31 year old Danilo Hondo, 3rd in the Pro Tour Points standing is a confirmed doper per his 'A' & 'B' samples. He was sacked too.

Per the new Code of Ethics and Pro Tour rules, he was given a 2-year license suspension and a 4-year moratorium from employment with a top 20 team.

Look for an appeal and reduction in these newer harsher penalties.

His former German-based Team, Gerolsteiner must be worried about David Rebellin too as his doping trial progresses in Italy.

It would not be good for business to lose two top riders in one year.

wolfix said:
micron said:
Lemond links:

Flyer , in these articles, I did not read where Greg came out and stated that Lance is an EPO user...... He hinted at many things , but never stated Lance is a EPO user. But his claims that Hinaults wins carried more credability is a statement he should have not made. [ Especially since the 5th was a gift ] ..... And questioning Lance's comeback ........ It seems to me that Greg had a comeback of sorts too ......
But again...... Everyone of these people that have directly spoken out against Lance have a financial gain in mind ......

I have a problem with people hinting at things ...... I am in a high profile controversal business in my community ... My family and I are the targets of the "hinters." The weekly rumors that I hear about myself are so far out there ........ That is why I am a Lance fan .... He has balls ....... He goes after the "hinters" and the ones that seek financial gain off his name. When they attack Lance , they attack his family......
When he rode up to the Italian rider last year in the Tour and said what must be said , that was the moment that I knew Lance was a champion...... Yet he had critics out there saying that was not right ?????

I do not base my purchase of cycling equipment on the endorsement of an athlete.... However , if Lance ever comes out with a line of cycling clothing with his name on it , I will be the 1st one trying to buy it.....

I like the way you put this. It highlights the way I feel about high profile positions where so many jealous people are trying to unseat you. It's amazing Lance is able to keep winning in the face of all this acrimony. That's part of the reason why I admire his accomplishments all the more.

I agree. Also, people are just jealous of LA's incredible accomplishments. It happens a lot in life, unfortunately. But those who are jealous say more about themselves, when they say bad things about LA, than they say about LA.