HONEST OPINIONS ON DJ3

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Canadian Icon, Mar 7, 2003.

  1. What are the opinions on the 2003 Dirt Jump 3. I like riding North Shore trails, no huge drops ( I
    ride a hardtail ). I do dirt jump, nothing huge, plus urban and trials ( I'm kinda experimenting
    with everything right now
    :) I am on a tight budget, and simply want a smooth fork with good rebound
    damping. I weight in at 190 lbs, and ride aggresivly on everything.

    Any input would be helpfull

    Thank you

    Tags:

  2. "Canadian Icon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What are the opinions on the 2003 Dirt Jump 3. I like riding North Shore trails, no huge drops ( I
    > ride a hardtail ). I do dirt jump, nothing huge, plus urban and trials ( I'm kinda experimenting
    > with everything right now
    > :) I am on a tight budget, and simply want a smooth fork with good
    rebound
    > damping. I weight in at 190 lbs, and ride aggresivly on everything.
    >
    > Any input would be helpfull
    >
    > Thank you

    I only had a quick look at a pair, there really heavy, ur not going to break them, 32mm stanchions
    so there going to be super stiff, disk only is a bit of a pain if ur on a budget. They should fit
    the bill for you.

    AL

  3. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    Well I've owned a Kona Stinky for 2 months with DJ3s' on front, obviously. I've done a 9foot drop to tranny. The DJ3 forks do laps on the psylos (owned for 9months). You weigh about 87kg. I weigh 72kg. I have mine set pretty spongey and haven't bottomed out.
    You'll be pretty happy considering you're not into "biggies"
    The adjustments are pretty non-existant but hey - who cares!!

  4. That's a good start. I need to ask specifically how well the rebound damping is in them. My last
    fork had very little rebound damping and it felt like I was riding a pogo stick. Will these forks
    improve upon that??
    PS-I ride disc brakes, so the no V-brake option is OK "Canadian Icon" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...
    > What are the opinions on the 2003 Dirt Jump 3. I like riding North Shore trails, no huge drops ( I
    > ride a hardtail ). I do dirt jump, nothing huge, plus urban and trials ( I'm kinda experimenting
    > with everything right now
    > :) I am on a tight budget, and simply want a smooth fork with good
    rebound
    > damping. I weight in at 190 lbs, and ride aggresivly on everything.
    >
    > Any input would be helpfull
    >
    > Thank you

  5. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member