HONEST OPINIONS ON DJ3

Canadian Icon

Guest
What are the opinions on the 2003 Dirt Jump 3. I like riding North Shore trails, no huge drops ( I
ride a hardtail ). I do dirt jump, nothing huge, plus urban and trials ( I'm kinda experimenting
with everything right now
:) I am on a tight budget, and simply want a smooth fork with good rebound
damping. I weight in at 190 lbs, and ride aggresivly on everything.

Any input would be helpfull

Thank you

"Canadian Icon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What are the opinions on the 2003 Dirt Jump 3. I like riding North Shore trails, no huge drops ( I
> ride a hardtail ). I do dirt jump, nothing huge, plus urban and trials ( I'm kinda experimenting
> with everything right now
> :) I am on a tight budget, and simply want a smooth fork with good
rebound
> damping. I weight in at 190 lbs, and ride aggresivly on everything.
>
> Any input would be helpfull
>
> Thank you

I only had a quick look at a pair, there really heavy, ur not going to break them, 32mm stanchions
so there going to be super stiff, disk only is a bit of a pain if ur on a budget. They should fit
the bill for you.

AL

Originally posted by Alastair Maxwel
What are the opinions on the 2003 Dirt Jump 3. I like riding North Shore trails, no huge drops ( I
> ride a hardtail ). I do dirt jump, nothing huge, plus urban and trials ( I'm kinda experimenting
> with everything right now
> :) I am on a tight budget, and simply want a smooth fork with good
rebound
> damping. I weight in at 190 lbs, and ride aggresivly on everything.
>
> Any input would be helpfull
>
> Thank you
[/B]

Well I've owned a Kona Stinky for 2 months with DJ3s' on front, obviously. I've done a 9foot drop to tranny. The DJ3 forks do laps on the psylos (owned for 9months). You weigh about 87kg. I weigh 72kg. I have mine set pretty spongey and haven't bottomed out.
You'll be pretty happy considering you're not into "biggies"
The adjustments are pretty non-existant but hey - who cares!!

That's a good start. I need to ask specifically how well the rebound damping is in them. My last
fork had very little rebound damping and it felt like I was riding a pogo stick. Will these forks
improve upon that??
PS-I ride disc brakes, so the no V-brake option is OK "Canadian Icon" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...
> What are the opinions on the 2003 Dirt Jump 3. I like riding North Shore trails, no huge drops ( I
> ride a hardtail ). I do dirt jump, nothing huge, plus urban and trials ( I'm kinda experimenting
> with everything right now
> :) I am on a tight budget, and simply want a smooth fork with good
rebound
> damping. I weight in at 190 lbs, and ride aggresivly on everything.
>
> Any input would be helpfull
>
> Thank you

Originally posted by Canadian Icon
That's a good start. I need to ask specifically how well the rebound damping is in them. My last
fork had very little rebound damping and it felt like I was riding a pogo stick. Will these forks
improve upon that??
PS-I ride disc brakes, so the no V-brake option is OK "

Yeah the rebound is good but the DJ2 has better options for all that. My mate has those but they are a bit more fiddely to use.
I'm happy with the rebound though.