honey jumbles

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Darleen, Mar 3, 2004.

  1. Darleen

    Darleen Guest

    Hi Has anyone got a reicpe for Honey jumbles not the microwave one ...I think its in the AWW Sweet
    Old Fashioned Favourites book. Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Sandy

    Sandy Guest

    "Darleen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Has anyone got a reicpe for Honey jumbles not the microwave one ...I think its in the AWW Sweet
    > Old Fashioned Favourites book. Thanks

    Honey Jumbles

    Honey Jumbles

    25 g butter 3 tablespoons honey 125g self raising flour
    1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    2/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 cup icing sugar a little water food colouring

    Line a microwave safe baking tray or plate with baking paper. Combine butter and honey in a
    heatproof bowl and cook on high power for 45 seconds. Add flour, ginger and cinnamon and mix
    into a firm dough. Roll out between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until dough is 1 cm thick. Using
    a sharp knife cut into oval shapes from the dough until all the mixture is used. Place 6
    biscuits at a time around the outside of a baking tray and cook on high power for 1-2 minutes
    or until biscuits are set. Stand for 5 minutes then cook the next batch.

    Combine icing sugar with enough water to make a smooth icing. Stir in a few drops of food
    colouring. Dip biscuits and stand to set.

    Recipe I found this one on google. Sandy

  3. On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:27:46 -0500, "sandy"
    <[email protected]> arranged random neurons, so they looked
    like this:

    <big snip>

    >Recipe I found this one on google. Sandy

    Sandy - Please turn off your HTML. This is a text-only newsgroup. Thank you.

    Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
    bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner." Anonymous.

    To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"