Hood/brake clamp is loose: How do I tighten it?

Cablestein

Aug 23, 2004
My hood/brake assembly is loose (twists left and right), how do I tighten the clamp??? I can't fine a screw or bolt anywhere, I've taken all the near-by wrap off, and folded up the rubber hood cover.

This is the first time I'm dealing with this because this is my first road bike. It's a Fuji singlespeed, with what I assume are just cheap hood/brake pieces.

Cablestein said:
My hood/brake assembly is loose (twists left and right), how do I tighten the clamp??? I can't fine a screw or bolt anywhere, I've taken all the near-by wrap off, and folded up the rubber hood cover.

This is the first time I'm dealing with this because this is my first road bike. It's a Fuji singlespeed, with what I assume are just cheap hood/brake pieces.
What kind of bike are you talking about -- a beach cruiser, a track-type bike, or something else? You make it sound like a road bike, but ...

Post a picture of the brake lever -- there are several types (as you may have observed), and a different tool is used (usually an Allen wrench) for different levers.

alfeng said:
What kind of bike are you talking about -- a beach cruiser, a track-type bike, or something else? You make it sound like a road bike, but ...

Post a picture of the brake lever -- there are several types (as you may have observed), and a different tool is used (usually an Allen wrench) for different levers.
It's brake-only hoods put on a singlespeed track bike.

Cablestein said:
It's brake-only hoods put on a singlespeed track bike.
Loosen the cable from the brake so you can completly depress the brake lever. The allen or screw will be accessable through this opening.