hoodia gordonii

Dorothy Roper

Guest
Someone I know is taking this - it is an appetite suppressor. According to
research I did, it was discussed on 60 minutes on a recent show. Does
anyone on here have any experience/personal knowledge about it? I am
wondering if it is safe. Thanks.

"Dorothy Roper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
|| Someone I know is taking this - it is an appetite suppressor.
|| According to research I did, it was discussed on 60 minutes on a
|| recent show. Does anyone on here have any experience/personal
|| knowledge about it? I am wondering if it is safe. Thanks.

Why would you ask this on a low-carb diet group, when it is off-topic
and you have never posted here before? And you don't know how to use Google?

I'd give 100 to 1 odds that now your sock puppet is going to post a
reply about where we can buy this amazing, miracle weight loss product.
It's really a tired old usenet spam scam.

You may want to try it over on alt.support.diet.low-fat; they're always
hungry over there so theire brains aren't quite as sharp.

Peter

If you check the website for the company cited in the 60 Minutes episode,
you will find that they tested the Hoodia products currently on the market.
They found little or no Hoodia in them.

"Dorothy Roper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Someone I know is taking this - it is an appetite suppressor. According

> research I did, it was discussed on 60 minutes on a recent show. Does
> anyone on here have any experience/personal knowledge about it? I am
> wondering if it is safe. Thanks.

Hi Dorothy,
I had been a poster years ago, but now a lurker in the low carb
group for about 4 years now. I was really surprised to see the kind of
reaction you got from your post.
Although Hoodia is not directly related to the LC lifestyle, I feel
that many of us, (speaking for myself) who try to low carb, search for
other ways to get results.
I bought Hoodia and found it didn't have much effect on me. My
husband seems to feel it works for him. I also work with a lady who had
spectacular results.
You will find most of the Hoodia offered on websites are very low in
milligrams, and will not have any effect.
I spoke with my friend at the Vitamin Outlet and the NOW brand
clearly states, 300 mg , yet also says it's equivalent of 6000 mg of the
whole plant.
He says they are flying off the shelves.

There is no danger in taking them, however I think your mileage may
vary with the results.
Good luck :)

Cindy wrote:
> Hi Dorothy,
> I had been a poster years ago, but now a lurker in the
> low carb
> group for about 4 years now. I was really surprised to see
> the kind of
> reaction you got from your post.

You've been lurking (and presumably reading) here for 4
years now and you are "really surprised to see the kind of
reaction" that this original post received?

Really?

--
JJ.

"Cindy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
|| Hi Dorothy,
|| I had been a poster years ago, but now a lurker in the low carb
|| group for about 4 years now. I was really surprised to see the kind
|| of reaction you got from your post.
|| Although Hoodia is not directly related to the LC lifestyle, I
|| feel that many of us, (speaking for myself) who try to low carb,
|| search for other ways to get results.
|| I bought Hoodia and found it didn't have much effect on me. My
|| husband seems to feel it works for him. I also work with a lady who
|| had spectacular results.
|| You will find most of the Hoodia offered on websites are very low in
|| milligrams, and will not have any effect.
|| I spoke with my friend at the Vitamin Outlet and the NOW brand
|| clearly states, 300 mg , yet also says it's equivalent of 6000 mg of
|| the whole plant.
|| He says they are flying off the shelves.
|| There is no danger in taking them, however I think your mileage
|| may vary with the results.
|| Good luck :)

EXACTLY as I predicted: Cindy is the Dorothy Roper's hand-puppet to sell
the product.

Honestly, can't you people come up with something original?
--
Peter
website: http://users.thelink.net/marengo

Sorry, I certainly didn't mean to put my signature on this group....but
hit the send before I knew it.

Peter~
I have no idea who Dorothy is, and simply wanted to respond to her, as I
had recently learned of Hoodia myself. I probably should have responded
by e-mail.
Yes, I was surprised to see your response to her...as you didn't seem to
be one who would be so abrupt, over a seemingly innocent post.
It's just your kind of attitude, that keeps me lurking, instead of
posting.
I haven't had a decent conversation with anyone since Bridgett was in
here.
Back to lurking...
geesh~

Some reputable supplement brands are now producing hoodia supplements,
but, as to long term safety, I suppose only the bushmen know for sure.

how do you work that out? from the headers?

Ignoramus12588 wrote:
> You and the OP both appear from the same area of Florida. What a coincidence.

Hi,
On 11-Feb-2005, Ada Ma <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Ignoramus12588 wrote:
> > You and the OP both appear from the same area of Florida. What a
> > coincidence.

> how do you work that out? from the headers?

Yes, but one posts from Road Runner and one posts from a WebTV
device. Unlikely to be the same person, especially since they have
quite different posting histories.

Take care,
Carmen
--
Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

Carmen wrote:

> Hi,
> On 11-Feb-2005, Ada Ma <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>Ignoramus12588 wrote:
>>
>>>You and the OP both appear from the same area of Florida. What a
>>>coincidence.

>>how do you work that out? from the headers?

> Yes, but one posts from Road Runner and one posts from a WebTV
> device. Unlikely to be the same person, especially since they have
> quite different posting histories.
>
> Take care,
> Carmen

Thanks Carmen. Is it very easy to pretend to be someone else if the person is
posting from a WebTV device?

wrote:

> Carmen wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > On 11-Feb-2005, Ada Ma <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> >>how do you work that out? from the headers?

> > Yes, but one posts from Road Runner and one posts from a WebTV
> > device. Unlikely to be the same person, especially since they
> > have quite different posting histories.

> Thanks Carmen. Is it very easy to pretend to be someone else if the
> person is posting from a WebTV device?

I don't know. I know it's pretty easy for an AOLer to pretend to be
another AOLer, but I've got no idea what sort of procedure there is
for changing the "Reply To" email in WebTV. Maybe Cindy can enlighten
us?

take care,
Carmen
--
Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

>Maybe Cindy can enlighten us?

Actually, I don't know any way to change the RE: name and addy. The
only way to come in with a different name would be to use a different
account on the same service, so it would still show up as a webtv addy,
only with a different nickname.

Perhaps there are more advanced webtv-ers that do know a way, but not
this girl. :)

Cindy