Hooger-Booger bikes?

Zilla

Guest
Local ad says...

Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for trials w/
gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash guard at the
bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters, rock solid feel and
control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a bargain price...

Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Zilla wrote:
> Local ad says...
>
> Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
> Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for trials
> w/ gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash guard at
> the bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters, rock solid
> feel and control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a bargain price...
>
> Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...

I wouldn't pick it.

Bill "prefers the Boogie-Loogie for its splatter paint job" S.

"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Local ad says...
>
> Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
> Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for trials w/
> gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash guard at the
> bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters, rock solid feel and
> control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a bargain price...
>
> Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...

GT is an expert on this one!

Phil

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:fEhxd.18115
> Bill "prefers the Boogie-Loogie for its splatter paint job" S.

Amazingly scratch resistent too!

Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
> Zilla wrote:
>> Local ad says...
>>
>> Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
>> Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for trials
>> w/ gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash guard at
>> the bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters, rock solid
>> feel and control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a bargain price...
>>
>> Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...

> I wouldn't pick it.
>
> Bill "prefers the Boogie-Loogie for its splatter paint job" S.

Why?

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
> Zilla wrote:
>> Local ad says...
>>
>> Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
>> Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for trials
>> w/ gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash guard at
>> the bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters, rock solid
>> feel and control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a bargain price...
>>
>> Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...

> I wouldn't pick it.
>
> Bill "prefers the Boogie-Loogie for its splatter paint job" S.

:) Sorry I missed it the first time!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Zilla wrote:
> Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Zilla wrote:

>>> Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...

>> I wouldn't pick it.
>>
>> Bill "prefers the Boogie-Loogie for its splatter paint job" S.

> Why?

More squish; quite delish.

Bill "ewwwwwwwwwww" S.

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Zilla wrote:
>> Local ad says...
>>
>> Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
>> Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for trials
>> w/ gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash guard at
>> the bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters, rock solid
>> feel and control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a bargain price...
>>
>> Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...

>I wouldn't pick it.

Based on just the name, I would guess it' snot hard to flick one
around.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Local ad says...
> >
> > Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
> > Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for trials w/
> > gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash guard at the
> > bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters, rock solid feel and
> > control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a bargain price...
> >
> > Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...

> GT is an expert on this one!

He is?

> "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Local ad says...
> > >
> > > Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
> > > Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for trials

w/
> > > gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash guard at the
> > > bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters, rock solid feel

and
> > > control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a bargain price...
> > >
> > > Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...

> > GT is an expert on this one!
> >

> He is?

Trials bike... not dirt... "THIS IS AMB" that kind of thing.

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote

in
> > message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

trials
> w/

the

> and

> > > GT is an expert on this one!
> > >

> > He is?
> >

> Trials bike... not dirt... "THIS IS AMB" that kind of thing.

Trials isn't done on dirt? It sure was when I rode it. And I did it on a
mountain on a mountain bike. Has it turned into some circus act like that
indoors place in Cleveland?

GT

"Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Trials bike... not dirt... "THIS IS AMB" that kind of thing.

What are you talking about? Go read a little bit about the bicycle trials
world, you need to learn a few things...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> Trials isn't done on dirt? It sure was when I rode it. And I did it on a
> mountain on a mountain bike. Has it turned into some circus act like that
> indoors place in Cleveland?

True trials bicycle riding still exists in the world and it still has a
loyal following. That place in Cleveland has nothing to do with trials...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Local ad says...
>
> Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
> Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for trials w/
> gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash guard at the
> bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters, rock solid feel and
> control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a bargain price...
>
> Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...
>
> --

If you're looking for a trials bike, have a look at Monty, better value for
your money...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> > Trials bike... not dirt... "THIS IS AMB" that kind of thing.

> What are you talking about? Go read a little bit about the bicycle trials
> world, you need to learn a few things...

Some competitions are done indoors, and more of the recreational types ride
in an urban setting. Spools, pallets, etc.

Yes, I know there are a lot of trials competitions up boulder/rocks
outdoors, but this is pretty small compared to the majority of trials these
days...

Carla A-G <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Local ad says...
>>
>> Purchased in Germany a few years ago and brought back to the U.S.
>> Hooger-Booger stock trials bike, custom built specifically for
>> trials w/ gussetted frame, elevated chainstays, and integrated bash
>> guard at the bottom bracket. Magura hydraulic brakes w/ boosters,
>> rock solid feel and control. A unique, one-of-a-kind find at a
>> bargain price...
>>
>> Anyone heard of these bikes? Name doesn't sound appealing I know...
>>
>> --

> If you're looking for a trials bike, have a look at Monty, better
> value for your money...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Not really looking for a trials bike. But this one was only for
$200 so I'd figure I'd ask anyway...

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC