Hooked on Cycling

plsathome

Jun 4, 2012
I've just returned from an eight-day self-guided tour in Flanders offered by a Scotch tour company, "Hooked on Cycling." It was a beautiful, extremely well-routed trip, with accommodations ranging from splendid to passable. Be advised, though, that the tour is actually administered by a Dutch/Belgian company named Vos, and that from Vos you will get more accurate information (e.g., that the tour is NOT entirely flat; among its best features is riding into the hills around Kemmel, where the splendid accommodations are), wider choice (might you prefer a trip with dinners included? seven days, not eight?) and probably a better price; also that most of your fellows cyclists may well be Dutch.

I like to spend a little time looking at the pictures and reading the blogs of other peoples bicycle tours posted at: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com

Admittedly... those posts are sorta like cycling's version of a Burpee Seed Catalog for me. In the cold winter months I can dream and make plans of gardening and cycling. But the gardens do get planted. And someday I think a little organized supported touring is in my future as well.