hoons, the new police approach

AndrewJ

Guest
This shows real promise. Here hoon boasts in chat room of getting away
with driving unlicensed, but police are monitoring the chat room, and
arrest him the next day:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/hoon-sang-like-a-canary/2007/02/20/1171733764512.html

But of course, we all know that teenage hoons are just the car drivers
that "stand out" on the road. When the apparently respectable
psychopaths who hassle cylists get treated the same way, then we can
say that the roads are actually improving.

Keep reporting the number plates of the offending vehicles, they will
show up in the intelligence gathering. It's great to see that new,
innovative approaches are being developed and implemented.

AndrewJ said:
This shows real promise. Here hoon boasts in chat room of getting away with driving unlicensed, but police are monitoring the chat room, and arrest him the next day:

With that in mind, ok folks, no more skylarking, bustin' reds or being towing behind your mates ute, the whalloppers are probably reading a.b.

On Feb 21, 3:06 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2mc...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> AndrewJ Wrote:
>
> > This shows real promise. Here hoon boasts in chat room of getting away
> > with driving unlicensed, but police are monitoring the chat room, and
> > arrest him the next day:

> With that in mind, ok folks, no more skylarking, bustin' reds or being
> towing behind your mates ute, the whalloppers are probably reading a.b.
>
> --
> cfsmtb

Let's test it. I have no bell on my roadie. Yah boo sucks!

Donga

On 2007-02-21, Donga (aka Bruce)
> On Feb 21, 3:06 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2mc...@no-
> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
>> AndrewJ Wrote:
>>
>> > This shows real promise. Here hoon boasts in chat room of getting away
>> > with driving unlicensed, but police are monitoring the chat room, and
>> > arrest him the next day:

>> With that in mind, ok folks, no more skylarking, bustin' reds or being
>> towing behind your mates ute, the whalloppers are probably reading a.b.

> Let's test it. I have no bell on my roadie. Yah boo sucks!

My pedals don't have reflectors!

--
TimC
Love makes the world go 'round, with a little help from intrinsic

cfsmtb said:
With that in mind, ok folks, no more skylarking, bustin' reds or being towing behind your mates ute, the whalloppers are probably reading a.b.
Ex-walloper mate of mine reckoned that they used to catch lots of armed robbers and others because they could not help boasting to fellow drinkers at the bar about what they had done.

Best story was about an armed robber who had escaped custody. He was sitting in the front bar of a Melbourne hotel when the story of his escape came on the TV. He told the bloke beside him that he was the wanted man. The reply was "********". Our armed robber was insulted by the aspersions being cast on his honesty and invited the other chap outside to settle it.

When the police arrived to break up the fight, they asked what it was about. Our man replied that he was the escaped armed robber and that the other ******* wouldn't believe him. He repeated it several times as the police put the cuffs on him.....

And then there is the young idiot that sprayed graffiti over my limestone fence (and a good few others in the neighbourhood). His homepage had photos of his handiwork and a log of his exploits. He couldn't help boasting and he is now exploring a closer relationship with the WA juvenile justice system.

If Mr Plod is reading this, thank you, and I hope you give him enough of a scare that he doesn't do something similar again.

SteveA

TimC wrote:
> On 2007-02-21, Donga (aka Bruce)
> > On Feb 21, 3:06 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2mc...@no-
> > mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

> >> With that in mind, ok folks, no more skylarking, bustin' reds or being
> >> towing behind your mates ute, the whalloppers are probably reading a.b.

> > Let's test it. I have no bell on my roadie. Yah boo sucks!

> My pedals don't have reflectors!
>
> --
> TimC
> Love makes the world go 'round, with a little help from intrinsic
> angular momentum. --unknown

I like riding no hands!

I try to break the speed limit when I see one of those speed cameras
that display your speed...except some of them don't seem to pick up my
carbon bike.

cfsmtb said:
My AirZound is flat!
Mine is sharp. I wish someone would tune them properly before they leave the factory.

(I know the humour is **** but I'm writing rubbish here to avoid doing something on my desk I don't want to do.)

SteveA

SteveA said:
Mine is sharp. I wish someone would tune them properly before they leave the factory.

(I know the humour is **** but I'm writing rubbish here to avoid doing something on my desk I don't want to do.)

And you're on WA time. Damn, shoulda gone 20 minutes ago!

cfsmtb said:
With that in mind, ok folks, no more skylarking, bustin' reds or being towing behind your mates ute, the whalloppers are probably reading a.b.

That's the real reason I moved to London ;)

hippy
- bail jumper