Hoooooraaayyyy!!

thecyclist said:
But if his involvement in Puerto causes enough trouble I think they will try to get rid of him. ASO and/or CdE could say that they got a hold of information that they didn't have before and use this as an excuse. Of course they won't do this unprovoked. Only if necesary.
I for one am skeptical that Puerto will continue to be a cloud over him enough for ASO to want to pull him out, but we'll see.

TheDarkLord said:
I for one am skeptical that Puerto will continue to be a cloud over him enough for ASO to want to pull him out, but we'll see.
Without new facts or big clues ASO will never pull him (or an other) out.

How can you be so sure about that poulidor? If it gets as bad as last year, where everyone wanted Rasmussen gone, I doubt ASO will ignore it.

But I don't think it will get that bad, especially not if he doesn't even get the yellow jersey.

thecyclist said:
The rule about missing a test in the 45 days before a GT? I think that's mostly the UCI's responsibility. But it was not the reason they gave for throwing him out anyway. The reason they gave was that he lied to the team about his whereabouts.

If Rabobank did know where he was, then it just shows that they won't shy away from kicking a rider out and fabricating some reason for doing so.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. He wasn't kicked out because he lied to the team about his whereabouts. He was kicked out because he lied to the vampires about his whereabouts, apparently without knowledge of the team.

You see, it is the responsibility of the rider to tell the vampires where he is at any given time. The team is out of the loop of that one. A rider can tell the team one thing, the vampires another thing without anyone the wiser.

Cobblestones said:
Wrong, wrong, wrong. He wasn't kicked out because he lied to the team about his whereabouts. He was kicked out because he lied to the vampires about his whereabouts, apparently without knowledge of the team.

You see, it is the responsibility of the rider to tell the vampires where he is at any given time. The team is out of the loop of that one. A rider can tell the team one thing, the vampires another thing without anyone the wiser.

Theo De Rooy doesn't agree with you:

http://www.velonews.com/./article/12949

thecyclist said:
How can you be so sure about that poulidor? If it gets as bad as last year, where everyone wanted Rasmussen gone, I doubt ASO will ignore it.

But I don't think it will get that bad, especially not if he doesn't even get the yellow jersey.
That is the revelation of Rassmussen's missing test that forced his team to retire him.
In a similar case Valpiti or an other rider will be barred too. But there is few news about Puerto...

Cobblestones said:
We now know more about this than what an article dated 07/26/07 could have revealed.
I didn't say it was the real reason. I said it was the reason they gave.

poulidor said:
That is the revelation of Rassmussen's missing test that forced his team to retire him.
In a similar case Valpiti or an other rider will be barred too. But there is few news about Puerto...
I still don't see how you can be so sure. It could still cause trouble even if there is nothing new. Valverde getting in the yellow jersey might bring more attention to what there is.

Was the 6000 page Puerto dossier ever leaked to the press by the way? There could be some pretty incriminating stuff in there. I think it was because of that dossier that the UCI went after Valverde last year.