Hooray 4 Ken

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Lardy Ninja, Feb 17, 2003.

  1. Lardy Ninja

    Lardy Ninja Guest

    Well, my impression so far is that congestion is much less in the charging zone. Makes the air more
    pleasant at least. Passed some CC protestors on my way in (sad bunch of losers looking very cold and
    miserable) so I gave them the traditional salute.

    LN

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (lardy ninja) wrote: ( Well, my impression so far is that congestion is much less
    in the ) charging zone.

    Traffic congestion is much reduced in Oxford today too. Well done, Ken lad.

    Or it might just be half-term.

  3. Johnny Klunk

    Johnny Klunk Guest

    > Well, my impression so far is that congestion is much less in the charging zone. Makes the air
    > more pleasant at least. Passed some CC protestors on my way in (sad bunch of losers looking very
    > cold and miserable) so I gave them the traditional salute.

    Couldn't agree more. Thanks Ken !! Wonder if a group of us could set up an anti-protest? I'd
    personally hold up a sign saying " £5? Lets make it £50 "

  4. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Johnny Klunk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Couldn't agree more. Thanks Ken !! Wonder if a group of us could set up an anti-protest? I'd
    > personally hold up a sign saying " £5? Lets make it £50 "

    One step at a time. We need lots of cagers to pay the stupidity tax to afford the upgrades to public
    transport that London needs. Driving them all off the road at once would reduce the amount of tax
    collected and put an unreasonable burden on public transport.

    What would also be nice (though hard to implement) would be a negative tax on cycling -- say a £2
    daily payment for cycling in the exclusion zone.

    That would help to encourage cycling!!

  5. Lardy Ninja

    Lardy Ninja Guest

    Geraint Jones wrote:
    > [email protected] (lardy ninja) wrote: ( Well, my impression so far is that congestion is much
    > less in the ) charging zone.
    >
    > Traffic congestion is much reduced in Oxford today too. Well done, Ken lad.
    >
    > Or it might just be half-term.

    Oh is it, I didn't know? Are there enough schools in the CC zone for it to make such a difference?
    Just asking.

    LN

  6. J-P.S

    J-P.S Guest

    On 17 Feb 2003 09:50:04 -0000, Geraint Jones scrawled: ) Traffic congestion is much reduced in
    Oxford today too. Well done, Ken lad. ) Or it might just be half-term.

    Would that not actually act to increase congestion in the designated areas in London, while reducing
    suburbian congestion? Tiny wee blonde women with their Aryan children, high off the ground in huge
    tank-like SUVs; great armoured chunks of Lebensraum taking them shopping for iPods on Oxford Street
    instead of to school in Mill Hill.

    J-P
    --
    He is like a Gandhi that eats.

  7. Paul Rudin

    Paul Rudin Guest

    ln> Well, my impression so far is that congestion is much less in the charging zone. Makes the air
    ln> more pleasant at least. Passed some CC protestors on my way in (sad bunch of losers looking
    ln> very cold and miserable) so I gave them the traditional salute.

    Well - it is half term... so I guess the real test will be next week.

    --
    CONGRATULATIONS! Now should I make thinly veiled comments about DIGNITY, self-esteem and finding
    TRUE FUN in your RIGHT VENTRICLE??

  8. J-P.S

    J-P.S Guest

    On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:27:01 +0000, lardy ninja scrawled: ) Oh is it, I didn't know? Are there
    enough schools in the CC zone for it ) to make such a difference? Just asking.

    The CC zone is tiny. What is more important is, are there schools on one side of the CC zone that
    people from the other side of the CC zone might need to travel to.

    It doesn't even include Victoria.

    J-P
    --
    "Every time you feel 'is it worth the trouble that will be caused by printing this piece?' and every
    time the editor says, 'Well, perhaps we should wait for a more opportune time', you can suddenly

  9. Stephen \

    Stephen \ Guest

    "lardy ninja" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well, my impression so far is that congestion is much less in the charging zone. Makes the air
    > more pleasant at least. Passed some CC protestors on my way in (sad bunch of losers looking very
    > cold and miserable) so I gave them the traditional salute.

    Yes all tories I saw on the news. "Tories will scrap the charge" etc. Idiots.

  10. W K

    W K Guest

  11. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > Well, my impression so far is that congestion is much less in the charging zone. Makes the air
    > more pleasant at least. Passed some CC protestors on my way in (sad bunch of losers looking very
    > cold and miserable) so I gave them the traditional salute.

    I've been around central london quite a bit today - it's fantastic. I'm sure it's much better than
    just a normal school holiday.

    --
    Your site's most important visitors are completely blind, totally deaf, and use browsers you've
    never seen.

  12. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    W K wrote:
    > "j-p.s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >> It doesn't even include Victoria.
    >
    > Course not. The kid's too young and she lives near manchester.

    That should read *nowhere* near Manchester, obviously. As with most Man U fans, of course.
    --
    Guy
    ===

  13. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

  14. "Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message .

    > That should read *nowhere* near Manchester, obviously. As with most Man U fans, of course.

    As we all know Britain has a mobile society and people don't always end up living in the place where
    they were brought up. If you listen to 606 on radio 5 live you often hear Liverpool supporters with
    no hint of a scouse accent from far flung places such a London and the south east, (especially when
    they had their recent run of bad form), Arsenal supporters from the midlands, Leeds supporters from
    the North East, etc etc.

    In my opinion most big teams can rely on supporters well away from their catchment area. I should
    know. (Exiled Mancunian living in Cheltenham after lenghty stays on may raf bases and towns such as
    Taunton and Scarborough).

    Michael Anderson

  15. Jacqui or (maybe) Pete <[email protected]> wrote: ( I've been around central london quite a bit
    today - it's fantastic. I'm ) sure it's much better than just a normal school holiday.

    Let's all cycle over to Central London and clog it up, eh?

  16. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Jacqui or (maybe) Pete wrote:

    > I've been around central london quite a bit today - it's fantastic. I'm sure it's much better than
    > just a normal school holiday.

    You just *feel* better knowing the cagers are paying through the nose ;-)

    --
    Guy
    ===

  17. "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > You just *feel* better knowing the cagers are paying through the nose

    I didn't know that there were collection tins at the boundary of the zone.

  18. "j-p.s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 17 Feb 2003 09:50:04 -0000, Geraint Jones scrawled: ) Traffic congestion is much reduced in
    > Oxford today too. Well done, Ken
    lad.
    > ) Or it might just be half-term.
    >
    > Would that not actually act to increase congestion in the designated areas in London, while
    > reducing suburbian congestion?

    No, there's always less traffic in London generally when it's half-term. Hard to say why really, I
    presume it's not only not taking the kids to school and back, maybe some people go away or otherwise
    take time off work to look after kids, and others don't drive to other places following on from the
    school run as well.

    However, it was even quieter than a usual half-term on my route into work today, so I guess some
    people were scared off car journeys by fear about first-day problems. Be great if it were like that
    all the time though. If I were a driver I wouldn't even mind paying the £5 to get such a clear run
    through - trouble is they'll all cotton on that, and then it will be back to the same as it ever
    was, just costing them more than it did before.

    Rich

  19. J-P.S

    J-P.S Guest

    On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:12:53 -0000, Richard Goodman scrawled: ) No, there's always less traffic in
    London generally when it's half-term.

    It was pointed out to me that, given the CC area stretches further east than I thought from the
    simplistic map in one of the weekend papers, there would be quite a few schools in that area. So,
    yes, point taken.

    J-P
    --
    "Do you know who's spinning right now?" Translation:I just robbed a gas station to feed my habit.

  20. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "j-p.s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 17 Feb 2003 12:25:24 GMT, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter scrawled: ) In my day, we walked, cycled
    > or used the bus :)
    >
    > This was before the Daily Mail installed a paedophile on every street corner, of course. And
    > public transport turned into ashes. ASHES, I tell you.

    So taking the bus will help our cricketers win????