Hooray 4 Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lardy Ninja

Well, my impression so far is that congestion is much less in the charging zone. Makes the air more
pleasant at least. Passed some CC protestors on my way in (sad bunch of losers looking very cold and
miserable) so I gave them the traditional salute.

LN

[email protected] (lardy ninja) wrote: ( Well, my impression so far is that congestion is much less
in the ) charging zone.

Traffic congestion is much reduced in Oxford today too. Well done, Ken lad.

Or it might just be half-term.

> Well, my impression so far is that congestion is much less in the charging zone. Makes the air
> more pleasant at least. Passed some CC protestors on my way in (sad bunch of losers looking very
> cold and miserable) so I gave them the traditional salute.

Couldn't agree more. Thanks Ken !! Wonder if a group of us could set up an anti-protest? I'd
personally hold up a sign saying " £5? Lets make it £50 "

"Johnny Klunk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>
> Couldn't agree more. Thanks Ken !! Wonder if a group of us could set up an anti-protest? I'd
> personally hold up a sign saying " £5? Lets make it £50 "

One step at a time. We need lots of cagers to pay the stupidity tax to afford the upgrades to public
transport that London needs. Driving them all off the road at once would reduce the amount of tax
collected and put an unreasonable burden on public transport.

What would also be nice (though hard to implement) would be a negative tax on cycling -- say a £2
daily payment for cycling in the exclusion zone.

That would help to encourage cycling!!

Geraint Jones wrote:
> [email protected] (lardy ninja) wrote: ( Well, my impression so far is that congestion is much
> less in the ) charging zone.
>
> Traffic congestion is much reduced in Oxford today too. Well done, Ken lad.
>
> Or it might just be half-term.

Oh is it, I didn't know? Are there enough schools in the CC zone for it to make such a difference?
Just asking.

LN

On 17 Feb 2003 09:50:04 -0000, Geraint Jones scrawled: ) Traffic congestion is much reduced in
Oxford today too. Well done, Ken lad. ) Or it might just be half-term.

Would that not actually act to increase congestion in the designated areas in London, while reducing
suburbian congestion? Tiny wee blonde women with their Aryan children, high off the ground in huge
tank-like SUVs; great armoured chunks of Lebensraum taking them shopping for iPods on Oxford Street
instead of to school in Mill Hill.

J-P
--
He is like a Gandhi that eats.

>>>>> "ln" == lardy ninja <[email protected]> writes:

ln> Well, my impression so far is that congestion is much less in the charging zone. Makes the air
ln> more pleasant at least. Passed some CC protestors on my way in (sad bunch of losers looking
ln> very cold and miserable) so I gave them the traditional salute.

Well - it is half term... so I guess the real test will be next week.

--
CONGRATULATIONS! Now should I make thinly veiled comments about DIGNITY, self-esteem and finding
TRUE FUN in your RIGHT VENTRICLE??

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:27:01 +0000, lardy ninja scrawled: ) Oh is it, I didn't know? Are there
enough schools in the CC zone for it ) to make such a difference? Just asking.

The CC zone is tiny. What is more important is, are there schools on one side of the CC zone that
people from the other side of the CC zone might need to travel to.

It doesn't even include Victoria.

J-P
--
"Every time you feel 'is it worth the trouble that will be caused by printing this piece?' and every
time the editor says, 'Well, perhaps we should wait for a more opportune time', you can suddenly
feel Orwell reproaching you, and then you remember why you came into the journalism business in the
first place."

"lardy ninja" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Well, my impression so far is that congestion is much less in the charging zone. Makes the air
> more pleasant at least. Passed some CC protestors on my way in (sad bunch of losers looking very
>
Yes all tories I saw on the news. "Tories will scrap the charge" etc. Idiots.

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
>
I've been around central london quite a bit today - it's fantastic. I'm sure it's much better than
just a normal school holiday.

--
Your site's most important visitors are completely blind, totally deaf, and use browsers you've
never seen.

W K wrote:
> "j-p.s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> It doesn't even include Victoria.
>
> Course not. The kid's too young and she lives near manchester.

That should read *nowhere* near Manchester, obviously. As with most Man U fans, of course.
--
Guy
===
I wonder if you wouldn't mind piecing out our imperfections with your thoughts; and while you're
about it perhaps you could think when we talk of bicycles, that you see them printing their proud
wheels i' the receiving earth; thanks awfully.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#103 http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#104

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message .

> That should read *nowhere* near Manchester, obviously. As with most Man U fans, of course.

As we all know Britain has a mobile society and people don't always end up living in the place where
they were brought up. If you listen to 606 on radio 5 live you often hear Liverpool supporters with
no hint of a scouse accent from far flung places such a London and the south east, (especially when
they had their recent run of bad form), Arsenal supporters from the midlands, Leeds supporters from
the North East, etc etc.

In my opinion most big teams can rely on supporters well away from their catchment area. I should
know. (Exiled Mancunian living in Cheltenham after lenghty stays on may raf bases and towns such as
Taunton and Scarborough).

Michael Anderson

Jacqui or (maybe) Pete <[email protected]> wrote: ( I've been around central london quite a bit
today - it's fantastic. I'm ) sure it's much better than just a normal school holiday.

Let's all cycle over to Central London and clog it up, eh?

Jacqui or (maybe) Pete wrote:

> I've been around central london quite a bit today - it's fantastic. I'm sure it's much better than
> just a normal school holiday.

You just *feel* better knowing the cagers are paying through the nose ;-)

--
Guy
===
I wonder if you wouldn't mind piecing out our imperfections with your thoughts; and while you're
about it perhaps you could think when we talk of bicycles, that you see them printing their proud
wheels i' the receiving earth; thanks awfully.

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#103 http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#104

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:
> You just *feel* better knowing the cagers are paying through the nose

I didn't know that there were collection tins at the boundary of the zone.

"j-p.s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On 17 Feb 2003 09:50:04 -0000, Geraint Jones scrawled: ) Traffic congestion is much reduced in
> Oxford today too. Well done, Ken
lad.
> ) Or it might just be half-term.
>
> Would that not actually act to increase congestion in the designated areas in London, while
> reducing suburbian congestion?
>

No, there's always less traffic in London generally when it's half-term. Hard to say why really, I
presume it's not only not taking the kids to school and back, maybe some people go away or otherwise
take time off work to look after kids, and others don't drive to other places following on from the
school run as well.

However, it was even quieter than a usual half-term on my route into work today, so I guess some
people were scared off car journeys by fear about first-day problems. Be great if it were like that
all the time though. If I were a driver I wouldn't even mind paying the £5 to get such a clear run
through - trouble is they'll all cotton on that, and then it will be back to the same as it ever
was, just costing them more than it did before.

Rich

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:12:53 -0000, Richard Goodman scrawled: ) No, there's always less traffic in
London generally when it's half-term.

It was pointed out to me that, given the CC area stretches further east than I thought from the
simplistic map in one of the weekend papers, there would be quite a few schools in that area. So,
yes, point taken.

J-P
--
"Do you know who's spinning right now?" Translation:I just robbed a gas station to feed my habit.

"j-p.s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On 17 Feb 2003 12:25:24 GMT, wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter scrawled: ) In my day, we walked, cycled
> or used the bus :)
>
> This was before the Daily Mail installed a paedophile on every street corner, of course. And
> public transport turned into ashes. ASHES, I tell you.

So taking the bus will help our cricketers win????

Status
Not open for further replies.