Hooray for me

Ted

Guest
I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?

Ted

"Ted" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?
>
> Ted

Ted,

Congratulations. Riding is a lot of fun, isn't it? Keep having fun, and
more good things will happen. and keep the rubber side down.

--
JF

"A really great man is known by three signs,--generosity in the design,
humanity in the execution, and moderation in success."
- Karl Otto von Schonhausen Bismarck

Ted wrote:
> I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?

1600 miles since the beginning of June. Doesn't feel like *that*
much :)

Dana

On Nov 4, 7:06 pm, Ted <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?

'Way to go! This was a slow year for me, mileage-wise. Not only did
we have ice/snow on the roads until ~April, but I spent a lot of time
hiking over the summer. (On the up-side, I got in a lot of snow-
shoeing and had some wonderful hikes.)

I think my total will be around 2,000 miles for the year when all is
said and done. But they were "quality" miles... :)

-JR

On Nov 4, 7:06 pm, Ted <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?

'Way to go! This was a slow year for me, mileage-wise. Not only did
we have ice/snow on the roads until ~April, but I spent a lot of time
hiking over the summer. (On the up-side, I got in a lot of snow-
shoeing and had some wonderful hikes.)

I think my total will be around 2,000 miles for the year when all is
said and done. But they were "quality" miles... :)

-JR

"Ted" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?
>
> Ted

Ted,

I'll bet you'd enjoy tracking your mileage and "competing" against other
cyclists by way of http://www.bikejournal.com/home.asp

It's free! At least it is if you want it to be.

--
JF

"A really great man is known by three signs,--generosity in the design,
humanity in the execution, and moderation in success."
- Karl Otto von Schonhausen Bismarck

"Ted" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?
>
> Ted

Ted,

I'll bet you'd enjoy tracking your mileage and "competing" against other
cyclists by way of http://www.bikejournal.com/home.asp

It's free! At least it is if you want it to be.

--
JF

"A really great man is known by three signs,--generosity in the design,
humanity in the execution, and moderation in success."
- Karl Otto von Schonhausen Bismarck

"Ted" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> with my time?" But no, I didn't.

What could be better use of your time than cycling?

> How far have you all gone?

Well, I'm not done, by any means, with 2007. I'm on track for ~4000 this
year.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Ted wrote:
> I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?
>
> Ted

About 2100. Piddly mileage for some of you dudes and dudettes, but
quite satisfactory for me.

Ted wrote:
> I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?
>
> Ted

About 2100. Piddly mileage for some of you dudes and dudettes, but
quite satisfactory for me.

On Nov 4, 7:06 pm, Ted <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?
>
> Ted

Only a few hundred, but I had a lousy summer.

Maybe my lousy summer was because I wasn't on the bike enough. Hmmmm.

On Nov 4, 9:06 pm, Ted <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?
>
> Ted

the key is to ride thru the winter. if you pass the 6000 mile mark,
you will be in good shape. i shooting for 7000 this year, in fact i am
in my third set of tires. the first ones were maxis and they really
suck! one exploded on me with less than 1000 miles.
carlos
www.bikingthings.com
Get Faster, Enjoy Cycling, Get Fit, Live Better.

On Nov 4, 8:06 pm, Ted <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?
>
> Ted

I just passed 3000 as well and am still going so far. I think the
darkness will put a damper on my riding in December and January. Too
many little things you can't see when it gets too dark. My goal for
next year is 4000.

Dana Myers <[email protected]> wrote:
> Ted wrote:
> > I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> > instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> > with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?

My usual 2400 on the commuter bike, plus about 850 on the fun-only,
light, fast, beautiful road bike. A second bike => more miles ridden.
It's like I always say sometimes, bikes, like tools, are not an expense,
they're an investment.

Bill

__o | Harry: How could a troll get in?
_`\(,_ | Ron: Not on its own. Trolls are really stupid.

On Nov 4, 8:06 pm, Ted <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have pedaled over 3,000 miles this year! Of course I suppose
> instead of hooray, I could say "didn't I have anything better to do
> with my time?" But no, I didn't. How far have you all gone?
>
> Ted

I hit 2,800 this week, so it looks like 3,000 for me by year end, or
maybe 5,000 kilometers if the Chicago weather cooperates.

Paul Turner