Hooray, I got a turkey breast!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Karen AKA Kajikit, Dec 22, 2005.

  1. I went to Publix in search of baking ingredients... they were sold out
    of glace cherries entirely (bah humbug) and there were hardly any
    christmas decorations or other christmassy stuff left, but they had
    plenty of fresh turkeys in the meat department. Hooray! Now we can
    have roast turkey for Christmas Dinner, which was what I really wanted
    to do... now I just have to find a good basic stuffing recipe that
    uses stuff we have in the cupboard. We'll have the glazed ham on
    Boxing Day :)

    --
    ~Karen aka Kajikit
    Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life

    Tags:

  2. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
    > I went to Publix in search of baking ingredients... they were sold out
    > of glace cherries entirely (bah humbug) and there were hardly any
    > christmas decorations or other christmassy stuff left, but they had
    > plenty of fresh turkeys in the meat department. Hooray! Now we can
    > have roast turkey for Christmas Dinner, which was what I really wanted
    > to do... now I just have to find a good basic stuffing recipe that
    > uses stuff we have in the cupboard. We'll have the glazed ham on
    > Boxing Day :)

    I'm glad you found your turkey breast! I was a bit surprised when you said
    there weren't any to be found.

    Jill

  3. Karen AKA Kajikit <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > I went to Publix in search of baking ingredients... they were sold out
    > of glace cherries entirely (bah humbug) and there were hardly any
    > christmas decorations or other christmassy stuff left, but they had
    > plenty of fresh turkeys in the meat department. Hooray! Now we can
    > have roast turkey for Christmas Dinner, which was what I really wanted
    > to do... now I just have to find a good basic stuffing recipe that
    > uses stuff we have in the cupboard. We'll have the glazed ham on
    > Boxing Day :)

    My father has gotten into boxing day. BIG TIME. He lives in West Van. The
    food is unbelievable.

    Michael

    --
    ....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

    All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
    now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
    final say on what is, or is not, posted.
    Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

  4. On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:34:52 -0600, "jmcquown"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
    >> I went to Publix in search of baking ingredients... they were sold out
    >> of glace cherries entirely (bah humbug) and there were hardly any
    >> christmas decorations or other christmassy stuff left, but they had
    >> plenty of fresh turkeys in the meat department. Hooray! Now we can
    >> have roast turkey for Christmas Dinner, which was what I really wanted
    >> to do... now I just have to find a good basic stuffing recipe that
    >> uses stuff we have in the cupboard. We'll have the glazed ham on
    >> Boxing Day :)

    >I'm glad you found your turkey breast! I was a bit surprised when you said
    >there weren't any to be found.

    We usually get all our meat at a wholesalers, because it costs at
    least half as much as the regular supermarket... But they only had
    whole birds when we went there last saturday to get our meat. We only
    go there every two or three weeks because it's a long way away, but
    it's worth it to save that much money! (and the quality's great too -
    they make all their own lunchmeats and bacon and stuff)