Hooray, I got a turkey breast!

Karen AKA Kajikit

Guest
I went to Publix in search of baking ingredients... they were sold out
of glace cherries entirely (bah humbug) and there were hardly any
christmas decorations or other christmassy stuff left, but they had
plenty of fresh turkeys in the meat department. Hooray! Now we can
have roast turkey for Christmas Dinner, which was what I really wanted
to do... now I just have to find a good basic stuffing recipe that
uses stuff we have in the cupboard. We'll have the glazed ham on
Boxing Day :)

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> I went to Publix in search of baking ingredients... they were sold out
> of glace cherries entirely (bah humbug) and there were hardly any
> christmas decorations or other christmassy stuff left, but they had
> plenty of fresh turkeys in the meat department. Hooray! Now we can
> have roast turkey for Christmas Dinner, which was what I really wanted
> to do... now I just have to find a good basic stuffing recipe that
> uses stuff we have in the cupboard. We'll have the glazed ham on
> Boxing Day :)

I'm glad you found your turkey breast! I was a bit surprised when you said
there weren't any to be found.

Jill

Karen AKA Kajikit <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I went to Publix in search of baking ingredients... they were sold out
> of glace cherries entirely (bah humbug) and there were hardly any
> christmas decorations or other christmassy stuff left, but they had
> plenty of fresh turkeys in the meat department. Hooray! Now we can
> have roast turkey for Christmas Dinner, which was what I really wanted
> to do... now I just have to find a good basic stuffing recipe that
> uses stuff we have in the cupboard. We'll have the glazed ham on
> Boxing Day :)

My father has gotten into boxing day. BIG TIME. He lives in West Van. The
food is unbelievable.

Michael

--
....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
final say on what is, or is not, posted.
Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:34:52 -0600, "jmcquown"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
>> I went to Publix in search of baking ingredients... they were sold out
>> of glace cherries entirely (bah humbug) and there were hardly any
>> christmas decorations or other christmassy stuff left, but they had
>> plenty of fresh turkeys in the meat department. Hooray! Now we can
>> have roast turkey for Christmas Dinner, which was what I really wanted
>> to do... now I just have to find a good basic stuffing recipe that
>> uses stuff we have in the cupboard. We'll have the glazed ham on
>> Boxing Day :)

>I'm glad you found your turkey breast! I was a bit surprised when you said
>there weren't any to be found.

We usually get all our meat at a wholesalers, because it costs at
least half as much as the regular supermarket... But they only had
whole birds when we went there last saturday to get our meat. We only
go there every two or three weeks because it's a long way away, but
it's worth it to save that much money! (and the quality's great too -
they make all their own lunchmeats and bacon and stuff)