Horn Blowing = Lion's Roar?

Originally Posted by chipcom
"Well I guess you just ain't got the cute butt that I got or don't
wrap it up in all that nice tight spandex.
Some guys honk because they might be gay, other guys honk as a warning
to stay away from their wives, daughters, girlfriends and mothers,
some honk because of they think I'm a gal and obviously FREAKIN BLIND
AS BATS!"

Well, modesty apart, I've got a nice butt, but it doesn't show because
I don't use spandex.

So it must good-ol'-fashioned bullying. Bulls that use their horns as
means of intimidation...

PS: Is that why in this lycra group people don't get honked at? "Nice
ass, fellow traveller!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTq6aApCBnA

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

The media finally figured out that their "paying customers"
(i.e. advertisers) don't WANT an intelligent, thoughtful
audience. And they no longer have one." (Rich Tietjens)

=v= Oh man, Commandante Apeshit, your improved Subject: line
tipped me off to your email address. Insert smiley emoticons
right about here, with LOLs and ROFLs and such.

=v= So your previous "The Lyin'! The Lyin'!" message now makes
me think of Katherine Hepburn in _On_Golden_Pond_, if you know
what I mean. And I think you do.
<_Jym_>

ComandanteBanana wrote:
> [..]
> And horns and roars of any kind are not welcome.

Nor is excessive and inappropriate cross-posting.

From: [email protected] (Tom Sherman)

>It's Chris wrote:

>>>From:
>>>[email protected] (Tom Sherman)

>>>A news feed that filters most of the
>>>spam solves the problem.

>>Could you recommend one?

><http://news2.motzarella.org/>.

Thanks, I'll try it.

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

On May 4, 12:42 pm, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> ComandanteBanana wrote:
> > [..]
> > And horns and roars of any kind are not welcome.

> Nor is excessive and inappropriate cross-posting.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

Sorry but the posts are "on subject"...

QUOTE(Keith C. Johns @ May 5 2008, 12:10 AM)
"But this thread is about ALL uses of the horn, not just by aggressive
drivers, and horn blows ARE used by good drivers as part of good
driving technique when used to alert others of their presence, and
other polite uses already mentioned. And it is useful to be able to
interpret the meaning behind these horn sounds and not get angry when
the message was not intended to be unfriendly. If you just assume that
any horn blow is mean spirited, you will probably be misinterpreting
many of these and possibly create conflicts with an aggressive
response. Better to realize that all horn blows are not bad, even
including some by drivers of FSUVs."

Well, I see some rare instances where blowing the horn may become
necessary, but I don't see the need to use to give so many different
messages that riders would have to decipher. When you are concentrated
in your thing, or tired from riding, you don't need to be guessing
people's intentions. And chances are you'll feel intimidated when you
have several tons of steel next to you...

Wouldn't it better to educate the drivers NOT to blow the horn at
cyclists?

wrote:
> ComandanteBanana wrote:
> > [..]
> > And horns and roars of any kind are not welcome.

> Nor is excessive and inappropriate cross-posting.

Nor constant whining. "Banana" needs to find another occupation.

- Frank Krygowski

Frank Krygowski wrote:
> On May 4, 12:42 pm, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> ComandanteBanana wrote:
>>> [..]
>>> And horns and roars of any kind are not welcome.

>> Nor is excessive and inappropriate cross-posting.
>>

> Nor constant whining. "Banana" needs to find another occupation.

he could try, oooooh... /cycling/? No, better not, it's apparently far
too dangerous with all the minefields, machine gun nests etc.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On May 2, 11:35 pm, Jym Dyer <[email protected]> wrote:
> =v= Oh man, Commandante Apeshit, your improved Subject: line
> tipped me off to your email address. Insert smiley emoticons
> right about here, with LOLs and ROFLs and such.
>
> =v= So your previous "The Lyin'! The Lyin'!" message now makes
> me think of Katherine Hepburn in _On_Golden_Pond_, if you know
> what I mean. And I think you do.
> <_Jym_>

"THE LOONS! THE LOONS!"

Fear the birds. And other types of loons.

P.S.: Address me as Generalissimo now, if you know what's good for
you.