Horner Diary

Doug Taylor

Guest
http://www.velonews.com/vntv/?Art_ID=1206

In print, his commentary and insight into race tactics is always
interesting. An camera, he's gotta be the best interview in the
peloton.

When he quits his day job a few years down the road, maybe some of the
US ex-racer goons Versus has doing color commentary and interview
better think about quitting theirs and taking up golf. The only
person they have now who knows how to ask a decent question is the TV
pro, Craig Hummer.

On Jul 15, 3:41 pm, Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://www.velonews.com/vntv/?Art_ID=1206
>
> In print, his commentary and insight into race tactics is always
> interesting. An camera, he's gotta be the best interview in the
> peloton.
>
> When he quits his day job a few years down the road, maybe some of the
> US ex-racer goons Versus has doing color commentary and interview
> better think about quitting theirs and taking up golf. The only
> person they have now who knows how to ask a decent question is the TV
> pro, Craig Hummer.

I find Frankie Andrieu's pronunciations entertaining ... especially
"Campa-nee-lee."

Though perhaps this is an acceptable American variant pronunciation
(in his dreams). After all, we do seem to accept both "dee-rail-er"
and "dee-rayle-yer".

Erik "Tour DAY France" Crapton

On Jul 15, 2:41 pm, Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://www.velonews.com/vntv/?Art_ID=1206
>
> In print, his commentary and insight into race tactics is always
> interesting. An camera, he's gotta be the best interview in the
> peloton.

Dumbass -

Wow, his speaking abilities have really become polished (I haven't
talked to him in 10 years). Dude may have a career in TV commentary
later on.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

In article <[email protected]>,
Crapton <[email protected]> wrote:

> I find Frankie Andrieu's pronunciations entertaining ... especially
> "Campa-nee-lee."

Bell tower. Rice University Annual. Stood in one, shot pix for the other.

That's how we pronounce it here, too (Texas).

Mike G.
-

"Crapton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Jul 15, 3:41 pm, Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote:
>> http://www.velonews.com/vntv/?Art_ID=1206
>>
>> In print, his commentary and insight into race tactics is always
>> interesting. An camera, he's gotta be the best interview in the
>> peloton.
>>
>> When he quits his day job a few years down the road, maybe some of the
>> US ex-racer goons Versus has doing color commentary and interview
>> better think about quitting theirs and taking up golf. The only
>> person they have now who knows how to ask a decent question is the TV
>> pro, Craig Hummer.

> I find Frankie Andrieu's pronunciations entertaining ... especially
> "Campa-nee-lee."

That's the name of the bell tower at University of California Berkeley. It's
spelled Campanile.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiseb/166519526/

No dipshit, it's called Sather Tower. It is a campanile which is Italian
for bell tower. People will refer to it as the campanile, but it's proper
name is Sather Tower, named after Jane Sather, who paid for the thing and
it's concert carrillon in 1914.

Go Bears!

Mark VandenBerghe

news:[email protected]...