Horner musta found a McDonalds!!



Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:

> Nah, he's just got talent.
>
> "crit pro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>He rides much better on McDonalds. ;)
>>
>>crit pro

>
>
>


Talent?

10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
match. It means you ****ing lost.

Do you think Boston Red Sox players go home and happily exclaim to their
wives how 'great' they did by getting 6 runs even though they lost the
****ing game and series? Professional athletes and their sponsors aren't
in the sport so Horner can finish in the back of the lead group.

Pro sports isn't a gym class. Horner lost the race, got hardly any
money, and didn't get his photo in the paper or his face on TV. It was
a total loss. He may as well have stayed home and given quotes about how
much better he is than Jason McCartney at Redlands.

Jackasses, all of you.


Magilla
 
MagillaGorilla wrote:

> Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Nah, he's just got talent.
>>
>> "crit pro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> He rides much better on McDonalds. ;)
>>>
>>> crit pro

>>
>>
>>
>>

>
> Talent?
>
> 10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
> match. It means you ****ing lost.


How can you race if you think like that? If anything but first place is
unacceptable, don't you end up thinking of yourself as a loser a lot of
the time? That's a serious question.

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply
 
Tim Lines wrote:


>> Talent?
>>
>> 10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
>> match. It means you ****ing lost.

>
>

How can you race if you think like that? If anything but first place is
unacceptable, don't you end up thinking of yourself as a loser a lot of
the time? That's a serious question.


Timmy,

That's the problem with cycling. There's too many awards and jerseys
given outto LOSERS. How many US "national champions" do we have every
year - 493? Guess what, 492 of them are really losers.

In pro football, the only winner is the team who wins the Superbowl - in
baseball, the World Series.

In cycling, you dumbasses can't accept there's only 1 winner in every
bike race, not 37.

Lance won the Tour de France. Everyone else lost the goddamn race.
That's why he makes millions and sues losers.

All you people think pro cycling is a big ****ing gym class. It makes
me sick.

Listen to me and listen to me good. The only winner of a bike race is
the rider who gets a tongue stuck in each ear by the podium girls. The
rest are losers.

I'm going to dress up as Chris Horner for Halloween. What that means is
I'll have 10 other people in costumes knock on the door and say
trick-or-treat before me.

11th place.. If Lance ever got 11th place in the Tour de France, he
would shoot himself in the head with a .44 Magnum. That's how a real
pro looks at 11th place.

Thanks,

Magilla
 
Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
> No I don't. Not one bit. 10th place in a race for a guy that just came
> back to Europe is a good result. It's certainly better than struggling to
> pay rent in a D3 crit team, isn't it? Horner is showing improvement in less
> than one week's time. I say he's gonna make it just fine.
>
> As for myself, I don't win unless I launch an attack, whittle the field
> down, and either go solo or can make somebody else lead me out ala Saronni.
> I don't win much, but when I do my best and get a decent result I don't feel
> shitty about it. I may not have won, but I didn't lose.


Sounds like you've got something that works well for you. What, then,
is losing?

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply
 
> 10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
> match. It means you ******* lost.


That's about as relevant now as it was the first time I heard it, early 70s,
when Pappa Stetina was telling his boys (Dale & Wayne) that "2nd place is no
better than 7th." After he said that, a few lesser-placing riders would go
up to the 2nd-place finisher and ask if he wanted to swap winnings since,
after all...

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
 
"Tim Lines" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:v3mcd.273062$3l3.261306@attbi_s03...
> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>
> > Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
> >
> >> Nah, he's just got talent.
> >>
> >> "crit pro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >>> He rides much better on McDonalds. ;)
> >>>
> >>> crit pro
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>

> >
> > Talent?
> >
> > 10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
> > match. It means you ****ing lost.

>
> How can you race if you think like that? If anything but first place is
> unacceptable, don't you end up thinking of yourself as a loser a lot of
> the time? That's a serious question.


Some people (me, for a start) work like that; it makes for a lot of
motivation to train hard through the winter; but sometimes causes
overtraining.

I wouldn't come out and **** off other people who didn't win, though.

Peter
 
"Tim Lines" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:v3mcd.273062$3l3.261306@attbi_s03...
> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>
> > Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
> >
> >> Nah, he's just got talent.
> >>
> >> "crit pro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >>> He rides much better on McDonalds. ;)
> >>>
> >>> crit pro
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>

> >
> > Talent?
> >
> > 10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
> > match. It means you ****ing lost.

>
> How can you race if you think like that? If anything but first place is
> unacceptable, don't you end up thinking of yourself as a loser a lot of
> the time? That's a serious question.


Some people (me, for a start) work like that; it makes for a lot of
motivation to train hard through the winter; but sometimes causes
overtraining.

I wouldn't come out and **** off other people who didn't win, though.

Peter
 
Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:

> Losing for me is mentally whining about my legs and back cramping, and then
> failing to pay attention when somebody tries to escape from the group or
> goes on the attack. When I'm in that frame of mind, I either can't or
> half-heartedly respond to the move, and lose a chance to win.
>
> Losing depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to win the points
> title for your class in the Texas Bicycle Racing Association, taking a few...


<snip>

Shut the **** up.

Magilla
 
No I don't. Not one bit. 10th place in a race for a guy that just came
back to Europe is a good result. It's certainly better than struggling to
pay rent in a D3 crit team, isn't it? Horner is showing improvement in less
than one week's time. I say he's gonna make it just fine.

As for myself, I don't win unless I launch an attack, whittle the field
down, and either go solo or can make somebody else lead me out ala Saronni.
I don't win much, but when I do my best and get a decent result I don't feel
shitty about it. I may not have won, but I didn't lose.

"Tim Lines" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:v3mcd.273062$3l3.261306@attbi_s03...
> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>
> > Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
> >
> >> Nah, he's just got talent.
> >>
> >> "crit pro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >>> He rides much better on McDonalds. ;)
> >>>
> >>> crit pro
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>

> >
> > Talent?
> >
> > 10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
> > match. It means you ****ing lost.

>
> How can you race if you think like that? If anything but first place is
> unacceptable, don't you end up thinking of yourself as a loser a lot of
> the time? That's a serious question.
>
> --
>
> --------------------
>
> Remove CLOTHES to reply
 
C'mon over, Junior. I live with your mother.

I thought I told you to shut the **** up though.

Magilla



Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:

> Magilla,
>
> What's your real name, address, and telephone number? I've got some airline
> miles I'd like to use.
>
> Really, you don't know me. Develop rapport, then insult me. I'll give you
> plenty of chances I'm sure!
>
> So do you feel like a loser if you don't come in 1st every race?
>
> -Philip.
>
>
> "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Losing for me is mentally whining about my legs and back cramping, and

>
> then
>
>>>failing to pay attention when somebody tries to escape from the group or
>>>goes on the attack. When I'm in that frame of mind, I either can't or
>>>half-heartedly respond to the move, and lose a chance to win.
>>>
>>>Losing depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to win the

>
> points
>
>>>title for your class in the Texas Bicycle Racing Association, taking a

>
> few...
>
>><snip>
>>
>>Shut the **** up.
>>
>>Magilla

>
>
>
 
Losing for me is mentally whining about my legs and back cramping, and then
failing to pay attention when somebody tries to escape from the group or
goes on the attack. When I'm in that frame of mind, I either can't or
half-heartedly respond to the move, and lose a chance to win.

Losing depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to win the points
title for your class in the Texas Bicycle Racing Association, taking a few
thirds isn't bad. If you're trying to move up and want to do so without
question, then you need to come in first a few times. If you're me, though,
you can't win on the purely flat stages, and the really long climbs beat
your ass, you ain't gonna win the Lago Vista race and the Research Park
Criterium. So you do what you can and don't beat the **** out of yourself
for not being able to feed your family by riding a bike. Hey, I'm a lawyer
at Baron & Budd in Dallas, Texas, and practically live in Ohio where most of
my cases are ongoing. I get to ride 2-3 times a week, if I'm lucky, and I
race whenever I can. I get race day licenses, and just have fun. Okay, I'm
mean as hell in sprints and lean on people like McEwen (I used to race BMX
20" and cruiser class in law school), and take what I'm doing seriously when
I'm doing it, but biking is just a small part of my life.


"Tim Lines" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Xuncd.261200$D%.155308@attbi_s51...
> Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
> > No I don't. Not one bit. 10th place in a race for a guy that just came
> > back to Europe is a good result. It's certainly better than struggling

to
> > pay rent in a D3 crit team, isn't it? Horner is showing improvement in

less
> > than one week's time. I say he's gonna make it just fine.
> >
> > As for myself, I don't win unless I launch an attack, whittle the field
> > down, and either go solo or can make somebody else lead me out ala

Saronni.
> > I don't win much, but when I do my best and get a decent result I don't

feel
> > shitty about it. I may not have won, but I didn't lose.

>
> Sounds like you've got something that works well for you. What, then,
> is losing?
>
> --
>
> --------------------
>
> Remove CLOTHES to reply
 
Magilla,

What's your real name, address, and telephone number? I've got some airline
miles I'd like to use.

Really, you don't know me. Develop rapport, then insult me. I'll give you
plenty of chances I'm sure!

So do you feel like a loser if you don't come in 1st every race?

-Philip.


"MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
>
> > Losing for me is mentally whining about my legs and back cramping, and

then
> > failing to pay attention when somebody tries to escape from the group or
> > goes on the attack. When I'm in that frame of mind, I either can't or
> > half-heartedly respond to the move, and lose a chance to win.
> >
> > Losing depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to win the

points
> > title for your class in the Texas Bicycle Racing Association, taking a

few...
>
> <snip>
>
> Shut the **** up.
>
> Magilla
 
********** No. 2:

So answer my questions, starting with where you live, your real name, and
your telephone number. As for my mother, at least I know eho mine is.

-Philip

"MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> C'mon over, Junior. I live with your mother.
>
> I thought I told you to shut the **** up though.
>
> Magilla
>
>
>
> Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
>
> > Magilla,
> >
> > What's your real name, address, and telephone number? I've got some

airline
> > miles I'd like to use.
> >
> > Really, you don't know me. Develop rapport, then insult me. I'll give

you
> > plenty of chances I'm sure!
> >
> > So do you feel like a loser if you don't come in 1st every race?
> >
> > -Philip.
> >
> >
> > "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>>Losing for me is mentally whining about my legs and back cramping, and

> >
> > then
> >
> >>>failing to pay attention when somebody tries to escape from the group

or
> >>>goes on the attack. When I'm in that frame of mind, I either can't or
> >>>half-heartedly respond to the move, and lose a chance to win.
> >>>
> >>>Losing depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to win the

> >
> > points
> >
> >>>title for your class in the Texas Bicycle Racing Association, taking a

> >
> > few...
> >
> >><snip>
> >>
> >>Shut the **** up.
> >>
> >>Magilla

> >
> >
> >
 
>> 10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
>> match. It means you ******* lost.


Hmm...so that means that if you don't win every race you enter, you're no good?

I guess the idea of A priority races versus training races needs to get tossed
out the friggin' window? Win 'em all or get out of the way, huh?
So is the moniker Magilla Gorilla a name some guys gave you on a ride and you
just didn't get the joke, so you thought it was a compliment and decided to use
it as a usenet name??
Wes
A guy who digs 11th because it means he was at the race instead of reading some
shmoe's **** on usenet
 
"Tim Lines" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:v3mcd.273062$3l3.261306@attbi_s03...
> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>
>> Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>> Nah, he's just got talent.
>>>
>>> "crit pro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>>> He rides much better on McDonalds. ;)
>>>>
>>>> crit pro
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>> Talent?
>>
>> 10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
>> match. It means you ****ing lost.

>
> How can you race if you think like that? If anything but first place is
> unacceptable, don't you end up thinking of yourself as a loser a lot of
> the time? That's a serious question.


Consider this Tim - what sort of knowledgeable geek would use the name
"magillagorilla"? This jerk needs to be flicked just like any other know
nothing.
 
Hey Magilla,

If you are so hard core about winning or nothing, ask one on of the
best one day guys in the world Eric Deckker how hard he rode to get 12
th... one place behind Horner. And then ask him about the bonus he
gets for UCI points. Then you will realize how ****ing stupid you are,

K
 
"Philip W. Moore, Jr." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...


>Horner is showing improvement in less
> than one week's time.


And that should tell you everything you need to know about Chris
Horner. He's very professional in his preparation and super
motivated.

>I say he's gonna make it just fine.
>


I suspect he's going to fit in great.