Horner musta found a McDonalds!!

"MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> C'mon over, Junior. I live with your mother.
>
> I thought I told you to shut the **** up though.
>
> Magilla

Asshole, you are confused. *You* can't win and *you* are a loser. That does
not apply to others unless they are already losers like you.

> > 10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
> > match. It means you ******* lost.

> That's about as relevant now as it was the first time I heard it, early

70s,
> when Pappa Stetina was telling his boys (Dale & Wayne) that "2nd place is

no
> better than 7th." After he said that, a few lesser-placing riders would

go
> up to the 2nd-place finisher and ask if he wanted to swap winnings since,
> after all...
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

The first thing I thought when I read his idiotic statement was that in
France they pay the "first loser" over a quarter million dollars for
"failing".

Tom Kunich wrote:

> Consider this Tim - what sort of knowledgeable geek would use the name
> "magillagorilla"? This jerk needs to be flicked just like any other know
> nothing.

That's true, but I really like what Philip and Peter had to say. The
"there's only one winner" mentality is a double edged thing that I used
to slice myself with pretty badly when I had poor results. So even
though magilla is nothing more than a cartoon character, I'm glad I asked.

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply

I think that it's a question of perspective...
Watching a race on TV, most folk just notice the winner. (That's the guy
the camera followed)
If you are in a race, it's hugely important whether you come in 10th
place or in 11th.
I think the previous discussions have been between armchair
racers/commentators/coaches and guys who actually do it....

Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
> Losing for me is mentally whining about my legs and back cramping, and then
> failing to pay attention when somebody tries to escape from the group or
> goes on the attack. When I'm in that frame of mind, I either can't or
> half-heartedly respond to the move, and lose a chance to win.
>
> Losing depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to win the points
> title for your class in the Texas Bicycle Racing Association, taking a few
> thirds isn't bad. If you're trying to move up and want to do so without
> question, then you need to come in first a few times. If you're me, though,
> you can't win on the purely flat stages, and the really long climbs beat
> your ass, you ain't gonna win the Lago Vista race and the Research Park
> Criterium. So you do what you can and don't beat the **** out of yourself
> for not being able to feed your family by riding a bike. Hey, I'm a lawyer
> at Baron & Budd in Dallas, Texas, and practically live in Ohio where most of
> my cases are ongoing. I get to ride 2-3 times a week, if I'm lucky, and I
> race whenever I can. I get race day licenses, and just have fun. Okay, I'm
> mean as hell in sprints and lean on people like McEwen (I used to race BMX
> 20" and cruiser class in law school), and take what I'm doing seriously when
> I'm doing it, but biking is just a small part of my life.

Thanks for that. I've got a bulletin board above my desk with a copy of
this thumbtacked to it:

http://tinyurl.com/3onxw

Your response is going up there too.

--

--------------------

Remove CLOTHES to reply

Tim Lines wrote:

> Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Losing for me is mentally whining about my legs and back cramping, and
>> then
>> failing to pay attention when somebody tries to escape from the group or
>> goes on the attack. When I'm in that frame of mind, I either can't or
>> half-heartedly respond to the move, and lose a chance to win.
>>
>> Losing depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to win the
>> points
>> title for your class in the Texas Bicycle Racing Association, taking a
>> few
>> thirds isn't bad. If you're trying to move up and want to do so without
>> question, then you need to come in first a few times. If you're me,
>> though,
>> you can't win on the purely flat stages, and the really long climbs beat
>> your ass, you ain't gonna win the Lago Vista race and the Research Park
>> Criterium. So you do what you can and don't beat the **** out of
>> yourself
>> for not being able to feed your family by riding a bike. Hey, I'm a
>> lawyer
>> at Baron & Budd in Dallas, Texas, and practically live in Ohio where
>> most of
>> my cases are ongoing. I get to ride 2-3 times a week, if I'm lucky,
>> and I
>> race whenever I can. I get race day licenses, and just have fun.
>> Okay, I'm
>> mean as hell in sprints and lean on people like McEwen (I used to race
>> BMX
>> 20" and cruiser class in law school), and take what I'm doing
>> seriously when
>> I'm doing it, but biking is just a small part of my life.
>>

> Thanks for that. I've got a bulletin board above my desk with a copy of
> this thumbtacked to it:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3onxw
>
> Your response is going up there too.

If Philip W. Moore, Jr. were such a class act lawyer he would be working
on his clients cases more and posting less on RBR. But like most
lawyers, he's probably a slacker and lying to his client that he did
"the best I could" when he loses the case.

As for you, Tim, don't hang around this Philip Moore lawyer-boy
character. No attorney worth his salt threatens to fight people in
other states because someone posts something they don't like on a newsgroup.

He's a pretender and his law firm probably won't like gtting copied on
some of these threatening emails he writes while touting his affiliation
with their law firm.

Magilla

>From: "Philip W. Moore, Jr." [email protected]

>My law firm's not full of a bunch of pussies, VaginaGorilla.

For a second there I thought you said "Vanilla Gorilla" That belongs to that
guy named Jesse James who builds motorcycles. That's been his nickname for a
long time.
I'd like to see Ricochet's buddy take on Jesse though.
Bill C

A good lawyer would respect the First Amendment and not threaten to fly
out of state to commit physical violence to people who post things on
newsgroups just because they don't like what they say. You and Ken Papai
have stalker mentalities and everyone in this newsgroup knows it.

Oh I forgot, you're one of those attorneys who's never seen the inside
of a courtroom.

We'll see what your law partners say when I copy them on your posts, Junior.

Threaten me again, Junior, and I'll send them to the police. I'll show
you what a poor lawyer you really are, stalker-boy.

Magilla

Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:

> My law firm's not full of a bunch of pussies, VaginaGorilla. As for a
> pretender lawyer, no, I'm not. I do quite well for myself and my clients.
> And I still find time to train and race, despite the amount of travel I do.
> I also respect true cycling professionals' talent, and remember how awesome
> I would be if I could finish 50th in Paris-Tours and 12th in the Giro di
> Lombardia.
>
> You'll always be the original CockMaster!
>

> "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Tim Lines wrote:

> or

> without

> beat

>>>Thanks for that. I've got a bulletin board above my desk with a copy of
>>>this thumbtacked to it:
>>>
>>>http://tinyurl.com/3onxw
>>>
>>>Your response is going up there too.
>>>

>>If Philip W. Moore, Jr. were such a class act lawyer he would be working
>>on his clients cases more and posting less on RBR. But like most
>>lawyers, he's probably a slacker and lying to his client that he did
>>"the best I could" when he loses the case.
>>
>>As for you, Tim, don't hang around this Philip Moore lawyer-boy
>>character. No attorney worth his salt threatens to fight people in
>>other states because someone posts something they don't like on a

> newsgroup.
>
>>He's a pretender and his law firm probably won't like gtting copied on
>>some of these threatening emails he writes while touting his affiliation
>>with their law firm.
>>
>>Magilla

> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > > 10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
> > > match. It means you ******* lost.

> > That's about as relevant now as it was the first time I heard it, early

> 70s,
> > when Pappa Stetina was telling his boys (Dale & Wayne) that "2nd place

is
> no
> > better than 7th." After he said that, a few lesser-placing riders would

> go
> > up to the 2nd-place finisher and ask if he wanted to swap winnings

since,
> > after all...
> >
> > --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> > www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

> The first thing I thought when I read his idiotic statement was that in
> France they pay the "first loser" over a quarter million dollars for
> "failing".

On the other hand, do you think Kloden is going to sit back this winter
going, yeah, I came second, I da man, or is he going to be out on his bike
thinking, I want first?

OK, second is a very good result in a serious race, so is third, top ten,
top twenty, etc.

It's still not winning the race, and if you didn't win, you lost and you
want to improve so next year you can come back and win.

Peter

> [...]

> >> I'm doing it, but biking is just a small part of my life.
> >>

> > Thanks for that. I've got a bulletin board above my desk with a copy of
> > this thumbtacked to it:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/3onxw
> >
> > Your response is going up there too.
> >

> If Philip W. Moore, Jr. were such a class act lawyer he would be working
> on his clients cases more and posting less on RBR. But like most
> lawyers, he's probably a slacker and lying to his client that he did
> "the best I could" when he loses the case.
>
> As for you, Tim, don't hang around this Philip Moore lawyer-boy
> character. No attorney worth his salt threatens to fight people in
> other states because someone posts something they don't like on a

newsgroup.

> He's a pretender and his law firm probably won't like gtting copied on
> some of these threatening emails he writes while touting his affiliation

I'm a trial lawyer, **** head. That why I'm so damn aggressive. I do
respect your First Amendment rights, but I am not a state or one of its
agents, so I am free to take action against you when I don't like what you
say.

As I recall it, you told me to shut the **** up. Before that, we were just
playing with crude jabs, which is your style. When you were beaten at your
own game, you resorted to the f-bomb. Boo hoo, VaginaGorilla! It's really
easy to be wise ass on an anonymous basis, but I guarantee that you wouldn't
talk to me or anybody else like that if I could show up on your door step.

If you are a professional racer, that's really terrific. You should do more
to help the domestic racing scene and work your ass off to ride in a Euro
amateur team, like Travis Wiley did for ABC-Aitos in Belgium, which was
sponsored by Bill Lewis.

But whatever you do, be a professional. I'm a lawyer, and this isn't a
courtroom, nor is cycling my job. But when you post in here, you are
speaking about your profession, so represent it well. If you want a truce,
okay, but you need to tone down your act.

"MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> A good lawyer would respect the First Amendment and not threaten to fly
> out of state to commit physical violence to people who post things on
> newsgroups just because they don't like what they say. You and Ken Papai
> have stalker mentalities and everyone in this newsgroup knows it.
>
> Oh I forgot, you're one of those attorneys who's never seen the inside
> of a courtroom.
>
> We'll see what your law partners say when I copy them on your posts,

Junior.

> Threaten me again, Junior, and I'll send them to the police. I'll show
> you what a poor lawyer you really are, stalker-boy.
>
> Magilla
>

> Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
>
> > My law firm's not full of a bunch of pussies, VaginaGorilla. As for a
> > pretender lawyer, no, I'm not. I do quite well for myself and my

clients.
> > And I still find time to train and race, despite the amount of travel I

do.
> > I also respect true cycling professionals' talent, and remember how

awesome
> > I would be if I could finish 50th in Paris-Tours and 12th in the Giro di
> > Lombardia.
> >
> > You'll always be the original CockMaster!
> >

> > "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > or

> > without

> > beat

Park

of

> >>If Philip W. Moore, Jr. were such a class act lawyer he would be working
> >>on his clients cases more and posting less on RBR. But like most
> >>lawyers, he's probably a slacker and lying to his client that he did
> >>"the best I could" when he loses the case.
> >>
> >>As for you, Tim, don't hang around this Philip Moore lawyer-boy
> >>character. No attorney worth his salt threatens to fight people in
> >>other states because someone posts something they don't like on a

> > newsgroup.
> >
> >>He's a pretender and his law firm probably won't like gtting copied on
> >>some of these threatening emails he writes while touting his affiliation
> >>with their law firm.
> >>
> >>Magilla

"MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
>A good lawyer would respect the First Amendment and not threaten to fly out
>of state to commit physical violence to people who post things on
>newsgroups just because they don't like what they say. You and Ken Papai
>have stalker mentalities and everyone in this newsgroup knows it.

Stalker? How so little boy?
You're just a chicken piece of ****.

So there! Philip uses his real name. Real men don't hide and act like
juveniles.

LOL,
Ken

> Oh I forgot, you're one of those attorneys who's never seen the inside of
> a courtroom.
>
> We'll see what your law partners say when I copy them on your posts,
> Junior.
>
> Threaten me again, Junior, and I'll send them to the police. I'll show
> you what a poor lawyer you really are, stalker-boy.
>
> Magilla

I'm thinking about a pair of these and am soliciting experiences. I have
similar wheels, Zondas with 16 spokes, and find these just fine. I'm
particulary interested in whether a mere 12 spokes on the rear is stiff
enough.

Thanks,
Wayne

"Wayne Pein" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I'm
> particulary interested in whether a mere 12 spokes on the rear is stiff
> enough.

How much do you weigh?

Carl Sundquist wrote:

> "Wayne Pein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>

>>I'm
>>particulary interested in whether a mere 12 spokes on the rear is stiff
>>enough.
>>

> How much do you weigh?

165 lbs of snorting sinewy strength :)

Wayne

"Wayne Pein" <[email protected]> wrote in message > >

> > How much do you weigh?
> >

> 165 lbs of snorting sinewy strength :)
>

> Wayne

They seemed pretty solid to me when I was about 185.

They are nice wheels, although I believe I did dent the front once. I had to
call Oschner to get a replacement and it wasn't very cheap.

Carl Sundquist wrote:

> They seemed pretty solid to me when I was about 185.
>
> They are nice wheels, although I believe I did dent the front once. I had to
> call Oschner to get a replacement and it wasn't very cheap.

Carl,

Did you use your beastly power with them on the track or road racing?

Wayne

"Wayne Pein" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Carl Sundquist wrote:
>
> > They seemed pretty solid to me when I was about 185.
> >
> > They are nice wheels, although I believe I did dent the front once. I

had to
> > call Oschner to get a replacement and it wasn't very cheap.
> >

> Carl,
>
> Did you use your beastly power with them on the track or road racing?
>
> Wayne

Road and crits